Your favorite specialty dining and why?

cowboygene

share with me your favorite specialty dining and what you enjoyed the most

Le Bistro. The four mushroom soup is thick and delicious. My husband also likes the escargot. For an entree the steak is as good as Cagney's imo. And the ambience of Le Bistro, at least on the Jewel class ships, is quiet, the service is excellent.

Escape

LeBistro The mussels were very good. I had Veal medallions, wife had Steak both excellent. Service and atmosphere very very good.

French onion soup according to DW was very good.

Cagney's Surf and Turf which was filet and shrimp. Wife just did filet. Mine was excellent, wife's was cooked a bit too long but she didn't send back.

so much has changed now that i dont really have a fave and we rarely eat in them, except for our platinum dinners.

i love the escargot at LeBistro. i used to love the lamb chops, now they are gone.

i love the food and show at Teppanyaki, although its no different than a land hibachi, but its good value.

I love the Steaks and Fries at Cagneys. Used to love the Oreo Cheesecake but its gone now.

LaCucina is the worst. We are from the Boston area and we have real italian food here. NOt sure what they are serving at LaCucina. They used to have a salmon dish and a carbonara, both gone now.

I agree with all the good stuff people have posted. We had great meals at every specialty restaurant, but I think mt favorite one was La Cuccina on the Escape! Maybe my opinion is somewhat colored by going in with low expectations, but the meal was delicious, and the service was really good, attentive, quick, personable. It ended up being my best specialty restaurant experience. I was very pleasantly surprised.

I love the Porter House steak at Cagney's.

There is always something that is really good at Cagney's

Lebistro I think has gone down hill on alot of the things I used to order but the steak for 2 is good there but it is the same as the tomahawk for 1 at Cagney's.

I thought Lebistro food was drenched with too much sauce and salty.

I liked the Italian but not for the traditional pasta dishes more the seafood pasta and the steaks.

Tepenayki seemed like too much rice very little anything else.

Maderno was decent no great.

Cagneys for me. I have never been disappointed and the selections are right up my alley. The Jumbo Shrimp cocktail is a thing of beauty! I normally get the NY Strip steak but tried the Australian Pork Chop on the last cruise. My gosh that thing was absolutely delicious.

Moderno was a let down. I thought the quality of meat just wasnt up to Cagneys standards.

We loved Food Republic on the Escape but more as an appetizer type place that a main meal. The pork belly was outstanding.

Ate at Teppenyaki a few times but it is kind of a one note wonder. I have had all that they offer. Good but it is more of a show than anything else.

Le Bistro is on my list for my next cruise. It gets rave reviews but I havent been there yet.

LaCucina is the worst. We are from the Boston area and we have real italian food here. NOt sure what they are serving at LaCucina. They used to have a salmon dish and a carbonara, both gone now.

I grew up in Watertown, MA btw. I have to agree on LaCucina. On the Epic before Christmas, my DH was hoping for chicken part or some other red sauce meal. That is all gone.

We really liked Cagney's this time and we also tried Teppanyaki since we were with a large group.

I would say Teppanyaki was really good. We came home and went to a local place and were not impressed. Liked it better at sea.

1) Cagney's - Great food.

1a) Ocean Blue - The crab claw appetizer is the best dish on the ship.

1aa) Moderno - They have so may choices that are excellent and that glazed pineapple!

Least favorite - Teppanyaki - Not my style of food. Never enough food, always leave still hungry and very limited selection.

Le Bistro. Has not let me down yet on Sun, Dawn and Jewel. Have booked for 25 days from now on Epic.

Mushroom soup, duck, steak. Yummy!!!

I am not into escargot but it looked and smelled great. My mom always chose it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

wow, that is a hard one, but I think I would have to say: Le Bistro. Someone mentioned the mussels, I too loved them on our last cruise. I used to get Escargot but think I am now more a fan of the Mussels. Modernos is also a favorite. Some are disappointed in La Cucina. I wonder how long ago they tried it? We ate there on the Epic just 2 months ago, It was fantastic. No, it isn't truely Italian like some may expect, it is more an Italian steakhouse, but we loved it and had great service.

The reason I put Le Bistro at the top is the atmosphere and the service. We only had bad service once in the 15 or more times we have eaten there. On the Epic we felt like a queen and king. Plus, remember it was the first specialty dining room NCL offered. In fact it may have been the first one at sea on any line. It just holds special memories.