GTY...again!

Looks like inside and outside sold out for 2/26 Allure on RCI web, but I still have GTY on my reservation. I printed set sail with GTY, but really wanted to know where we are going to end up. Hopefully somewhere! I am lowly gold and my daughter is platinum, if it matters...:cool:

Looks like inside and outside sold out for 2/26 Allure on RCI web, but I still have GTY on my reservation. I printed set sail with GTY, but really wanted to know where we are going to end up. Hopefully somewhere! I am lowly gold and my daughter is platinum, if it matters...:cool:

I don't think your C&A status has much bearing on this. You probably won't get your room assignment until about 2 weeks before your sail date. Good luck! Have fun!

There is no set pattern as to when guarantees are assigned. They can be assigned moments after you book or you can find out at the pier the day you sail.

So true. We sail on Allure on Sunday, February 5 and still do not have a cabin assignment. (We booked an ocean view guarantee about four weeks ago)

• 3 weeks later...
one week left and no cabin assignment yet...

I think I might call just to be sure you are OK. I've seen a story re somebody with a GTY not assigned and the ship was sold out and they got nothing. It was some kind of oversight. Not that this will happen to you! Every GTY we've booked we were assigned cabin within a few days.

There seems to be no pattern. We just booked a GTY on Oasis for May and are anxiously waiting. Typically, we get assigned well before we have to head down to the port. But, I've read of folks who show up at the pier and the cabin is assigned then. I do check every day though!

I think I might call just to be sure you are OK. I've seen a story re somebody with a GTY not assigned and the ship was sold out and they got nothing. It was some kind of oversight..

There's bound to be some cabin shuffling going on till sailing and an RCI CSR probably won't be able to tell you anything.