Booking future cruises while sailing

jman101

Pardon me if this has been discussed before. I read where a lot of forum members have booked trips while on a cruise.

Can anyone pass on what kind of benefit or savings we could expect? We are sailing in a few weeks and I am trying to convince my BH that we should be considering this.

Thx for any comments or past examples.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are usually very good, unless it is a TA. Also, it depends on the cabin grade, cruise line and what the special happens to be. Read all the fine print!!! Know what is being offered online too...Good Luck! Also, do your homework before you get onboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

jman,

We were on board Infinity last month and booked a regular balcony cabin for a 14 night Jan 2019 Reflection cruise. For booking on board we received $250 OBC and put $400 down for our deposit ($100 per person). The Future Cruise consultant offered us some more incentives (more OBC and category upgrade) if we moved up to Concierge Class, but I wanted to stick with the balcony cabin that we got.

Here is the Celebrity Today newsletter that we received on our Infinity cruise that had a Future Cruise flyer in it: Celebrity Today

jman,

We were on board Infinity last month and booked a regular balcony cabin for a 14 night Jan 2019 Reflection cruise. For booking on board we received $250 OBC and put $400 down for our deposit ($100 per person). The Future Cruise consultant offered us some more incentives (more OBC and category upgrade) if we moved up to Concierge Class, but I wanted to stick with the balcony cabin that we got.

Here is the Celebrity Today newsletter that we received on our Infinity cruise that had a Future Cruise flyer in it: Celebrity Today

Great information thx[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found a couple more documents that we received on last month's cruise regarding booking on board that you may find of interest:

Here is a sheet that details out what the benefits are for booking on board. In particular, it has a table that you can use to determine exactly how much OBC you will get:

Booking on Board Offer (and the fine print)

After booking on board, we received a letter that was delivered to our stateroom that offered a 10% discount on any shore excursions that we booked for that sailing. You had to book the shore excursion while on board to qualify for that offer:

10% Discount on Shore Excursions

Good luck with your decision!

We booked on board last summer. We got the perks mentioned by others. The reduced deposit is always nice.

About a week after we got home, prices dropped substantially. We booked directly with Celebrity. I called and questioned the new price and immediately got our booking price reduced without losing any of the on board bookings benefits.

If you decide to book on board...it is wise to go early in the cruise or when they open in the morning. The last day of the cruise there could be a wait to see a rep and that takes time from your vacation.

Pardon me if this has been discussed before. I read where a lot of forum members have booked trips while on a cruise.

Can anyone pass on what kind of benefit or savings we could expect? We are sailing in a few weeks and I am trying to convince my BH that we should be considering this.

Thx for any comments or past examples.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is always worthwhile to do an onboard booking - even if you have no idea when and where you might travel next! For just the layout of a reduced $200 per cabin deposit, you have the opportunity to latch onto some additional OBC for a future cruise.

We just pick a cruise that is a long way out and then transfer the reservation to an actual booking whenever we decide when and where we wish to go. You can cancel or transfer the onboard booking anytime prior to the final payment date - and if you wish, you can continue to do this for several years if need be by continuing to transfer your reservations. When you final transfer it to a cruise that you actually intend to take, you then have the additional onboard-booking OBC over and above any current perks.

• 11 months later...
Interesting and was looking for this info

Is there any benefit after booking online to transferring it to a big box TA for OBC or is it best to handle it directly with X?

You will usually get more perks by assigning the reservation to a TA. Some don't care about the extra perks and keep the reservation with Celebrity for convenience.

Is there any benefit after booking online to transferring it to a big box TA for OBC or is it best to handle it directly with X?

We have a great TA. I price a cruise on board with all the perks offered. Then while on board I email our TA to get "his" group price. If he makes it very favorable, we head back to the future cruise desk, book and have it sent over to our TA on record.

Did this two weeks ago while on Eclipse. Booked a S. America cruise with all verandah X perks for $2,200 less than X rates. Shop around and transfer if you want to save.

At a minimum you can get almost 8% back from a big box TA in the form of a big box gift card. As others have said, you can also shop around for a better deal with an online TA (you will have 60 days to look!) Just be sure to check and see if the TA with a great deal has any additional fees for transfers or cancellations etc and include any such fees in your decision making.

Just booked onboard for 2020 cruise. Before leaving home I checked prices and the prices onboard were only slightly cheaper but included perks . We got a drinks package, gratuities and 200$ OBC, none of which was available at home. This is the third time we have booked onboard and we always benefit. Big plus for us in the U.K. Is that we can change the booking without losing the deposit if prices drop.