How early can u board being Concierge?

Pier290

There are a lot of variables here. Usually boarding commences around 10:30, sometimes 11:00. If there are any passengers in suites, or any Zeniths who have checked in, they will board first. Then they take other passengers, roughly in the order they checked in. At some ports, you get an email with more specific instructions, for instance, in some ports you are asked to check in by decks. Sometimes you are asked not to arrive at the port until 11:30.

At most ports there are dedicated check in lines for suites, Aqua, Concierge, wheelchair users, Captains Club Elite, sometimes a dedicated line for certain travel agencies' customers. But at some ports there are no such dedicated lines and you just join the queue.

If you arrive before the ship is boarding, Celebrity will board suites, zeniths, aqua, concierge, elite +, etc...in that order. The difference in boarding time depends on the number of folks in the groups ahead of yours on your cruise. Net...it really isn't a big deal...you will be on the ship and have plenty of time to find a table in the buffet, if that's what you want, without any problems.

If you arrive when the ship is already boarding, you'll just join the line.....

We have been in the aqua line and waited while other lines (lower cost cabins) were empty. Mostly, all that special port priority stuff is marketing fluff....yes, there are some differences, but they don't matter.

If you arrive before the ship is boarding, Celebrity will board suites, zeniths, aqua, concierge, elite +, etc...in that order. The difference in boarding time depends on the number of folks in the groups ahead of yours on your cruise. Net...it really isn't a big deal...you will be on the ship and have plenty of time to find a table in the buffet, if that's what you want, without any problems.

If you arrive when the ship is already boarding, you'll just join the line.....

We have been in the aqua line and waited while other lines (lower cost cabins) were empty. Mostly, all that special port priority stuff is marketing fluff....yes, there are some differences, but they don't matter.

Concierge level now gets to have lunch in the MDR on boarding day. Menu isn't as extensive as usual but still a choice of hot entree, soup, salad and dessert. We have boarded X as early as 11:30 and on RCI boarded at 11 but had to wait until Windjammer buffet opened at 11:30....but at least we were outside the buffet and got a table without any trouble. You're right about most of port priority being fluff though....I was pulled off the line and put on handicapped line because have trouble standing and that line moved faster than all the others. With the exception of San Diego, I have found all of the East Coast ports to be really quick for boarding and disembarkation.

Mostly, all that special port priority stuff is marketing fluff....yes, there are some differences, but they don't matter.

Being concierge doesn't get you a whole lot as far as boarding time. Now if you are Elite/Plus or a suite passenger, you will be in a special line that does move a little faster as there are fewer of those.

(We never arrive really early, so my comment is based on arriving at 11:30 or so.)

Any of the benefits in concierge that deal with "priority" boarding, disembarking etc are NOT why anyone should choose that category. VERY little difference, if any, in service from our experience.

I agree with the previous poster.

Concierge Class is nothing special at all. Yes, there is a bottle of sparkling wine that is pretty good and valued around $25. Yes, there are afternoon canapés which are basically bits of Tostitos, a few olives, and a bite size piece of cheese.

The cabins are balcony cabins and are supposed to be better placed. Who knows?

Don't expect anything extra in service by being Concierge Class. Service is excellent for all.

You do not get any perks like the Elite or Elite Plus get in form of free laundry and dry cleaning, free internet minutes, or the Elite afternoon cocktail time.

You will enjoy everything but hope you did not pay extra for Concierge Class.

I agree with the previous poster.

Concierge Class is nothing special at all. Yes, there is a bottle of sparkling wine that is pretty good and valued around $25. Yes, there are afternoon canapés which are basically bits of Tostitos, a few olives, and a bite size piece of cheese.

The cabins are balcony cabins and are supposed to be better placed. Who knows?

Don't expect anything extra in service by being Concierge Class. Service is excellent for all.

You do not get any perks like the Elite or Elite Plus get in form of free laundry and dry cleaning, free internet minutes, or the Elite afternoon cocktail time.

You will enjoy everything but hope you did not pay extra for Concierge Class.

Yep. Concierge class is a marketing con job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why do people continually bash Concierge class, even when the question is not about your view on CC.

If you don't like CC, keep it to yourself.

If you can add value to the question, please let us know.

The fact of the matter is that suite passengers have priority. I have stood in the Elite line, in the Concierge line...and because there were suite passengers waiting in their line, they took all of them to every window before they took any of us. (This was before Elite + existed). EM

Why do people continually bash Concierge class, even when the question is not about your view on CC.

Saying CC is mostly marketing hype is adding value to the conversation, that's what this board is for.

Concierge level now gets to have lunch in the MDR on boarding day. Menu isn't as extensive as usual but still a choice of hot entree, soup, salad and dessert.

You were lucky. Our last few times, the only choice offered was for the entree.

There was only one salad, one soup, and one dessert offered, so the only choice in those categories was take it or leave it. :D

Or you could go to the buffet if you wanted more choices, which was what we ended up doing.

Saying CC is mostly marketing hype is adding value to the conversation, that's what this board is for.

Of course it's not!

You might want to read the original question again.

Even if the response was relevant, "marketing hype" is an opinion, not fact, so there is not much value, especially if someone else states that CC is not marketing hype.

Of course it's not!

Even if the response was relevant, "marketing hype" is an opinion, not fact, so there is not much value, especially if someone else states that CC is not marketing hype.

Unfortunately, this is where marketing hype does blur the facts. The cruiselines state things in their brochures/marketing that doesn't resemble anything like how it is onboard. Actual instances and examples of what happens are usually more valuable than the fluffy hype that surrounds the so called facts.

I agree that the original poster's question was asking for a specific time, however, even that can be different on different ships, locations, specific sailings etc., so it's never as straight forward as one would hope it to be ;).

If every question was answered on the first post, then the OP wouldn't obtain a different perspective in order to come to their own conclusions i.e. what's important to them ;). In this thread, for example, they may not have been aware of the concierge boarding lunch etc.

What infuriates me more is the constant stream of answers that are all exactly the same (not referring to this thread) and yet the OP's question (in that particular instance) was answered correctly on the second post (not including those replies where one posts to confirm or agree that was also their experience). Or when threads are started with the same content just because someone can't look after the second page of CC, or they don't do a search first to check. Even when there are similar threads on the first page, some posters still start another asking/stating the same thing. Anyway, just getting off my soapbox :D.

Unfortunately, this is where marketing hype does blur the facts. The cruiselines state things in their brochures/marketing that doesn't resemble anything like how it is onboard. Actual instances and examples of what happens are usually more valuable than the fluffy hype that surrounds the so called facts.

I agree that the original poster's question was asking for a specific time, however, even that can be different on different ships, locations, specific sailings etc., so it's never as straight forward as one would hope it to be ;).

If every question was answered on the first post, then the OP wouldn't obtain a different perspective in order to come to their own conclusions i.e. what's important to them ;). In this thread, for example, they may not have been aware of the concierge boarding lunch etc.

What infuriates me more is the constant stream of answers that are all exactly the same (not referring to this thread) and yet the OP's question (in that particular instance) was answered correctly on the second post (not including those replies where one posts to confirm or agree that was also their experience). Or when threads are started with the same content just because someone can't look after the second page of CC, or they don't do a search first to check. Even when there are similar threads on the first page, some posters still start another asking/stating the same thing. Anyway, just getting off my soapbox :D.

LOL, yes.. agreed!

Of course it's not!

There is nothing on this board which states that every response has to do with the first post. I was responding to subsequent posts.

I gave an opinion based upon experience.

You were lucky. Our last few times, the only choice offered was for the entree.

There was only one salad, one soup, and one dessert offered, so the only choice in those categories was take it or leave it. :D

Or you could go to the buffet if you wanted more choices, which was what we ended up doing.

Bad wording on my part. There was a choice of entree....no choice of soup or salad and there was a choice of dessert. The chocolate cake is to die for....IMHO.

If you don't want anything but a single answer to your question, then go to the Celebrity website and review the facts. If your answer can not be found, call customer service.

If you want a stream of consciousness, opinion, and evolving discussion...then post here. That's what an anonymous online forum is about.

If you don't want anything but a single answer to your question, then go to the Celebrity website and review the facts. If your answer can not be found, call customer service.

If you want a stream of consciousness, opinion, and evolving discussion...then post here. That's what an anonymous online forum is about.

LOL Fishy, ok, whatever

Edited by Gerrym

Another priority group for boarding is wedding groups. They often board before anyone else except maybe Zenith and suites. Oh, I almost forgot, B2B cruisers go on pretty high up in boarding also. I assume it doesn't even matter their loyalty status or cabin level, they still board early.

On a back to back we had to walk off and give Customs our declaration forms but we did not go to security, or check-in in the terminal. All met in a lounge and were walked off for Customs. We had to wait for all the B2B to show up in the lounge. They delivered our new sign and sail cards to us.

The problem with the question is that it can't be answered how early anyone can board, much less Concierge Class. Before they can board new passengers all the previous passengers have to have cleared off the ship with customs and immigration. If someone is late debarking, and it has happened, they have to look for them and find them before beginning boarding.

The boarding itself is not like at an airport, where there is one line and they call each group. Priority boarding on Celebrity pretty much means you have your own line, not your own boarding time. When you get to port you get in your line but that doesn't necessarily mean much. It depends how many in your category arrived at that time who will get checked in faster. I have been on a bunch of group cruises where the group arrived together where those without priority boarding got thru check in faster than those of us with priority boarding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk