Bringing snacks onboard Jewel. Are you allowed???

cruzincouple_808

Are you bringing them to eat onboard or to take into port? The rules are essentially the same, must be packaged food although I don't think they would take a hard stance on gummi Bears either way. It's more an issue when you bring on crackers or trail mix. If you want to take it off in port you will need to bring single serve bags so you have them in sealed bags to take off. If it's just for the cruise then you can bring a bigger bag.

Just bringing snacks onboard for consumption in our room.

Thank you all for the replies!

Yes, bring favorite treats. Sweets are in very short supply onboard, even chips and salty snacks (unless you are in the Haven). We usually bring the miniature chocolate bars, some breakfast bars (individually wrapped) and nuts. Enjoy your cruise!:D

Fruits nuts veggies all that healthy stuff in open unsealed containers - a BIG NO !

But alas any sort of junk food absolutely OK eat your heart attack out !

Mexico not so serious on food stuff -

BUT California be prepared for the last episode of the Spanish Inquisition and be lectured about it to boot !

See the video "The Fruit Fly Invasion" and don't let the bed bugs bite !

Beware the "Killer Bees" sequel coming to a cruise near you !

AND we won't go into the virus stuff - it's too icky !

Simply use good judgment whatever that is these days and dispose of trash

leftovers/unused snacks in suitable containers.

A way to stay safe read the Use By Label on the product or the coded expiration date.

Previously others have noted the policy you can always ask if something is OK !

Would this make you or others sick or hurt the environment or business ?

Cruise ships going to warm climates can spread stuff the plague - OH it is NOT

OK to bring back stuff from Alaska (cold country) it is only in a freeze dried

state of animation - be careful the iceman cometh with cold fever and ailments

only who knows what the cure is ! Be wary of the cold snacky poos in the

mini-fridge - let me not go into detail but feel free to bring your own fresh

healthy stuff.

Cruise healthy - the ship has plenty of fare to fill in between snacks !

We are heading to the Mexican Riviera 03/12/17.

Are we allowed to bring snacks in our carry on or checked luggage? Like gummy bears, chocolate, chips....Etc.

I know they don't let you bring drinks, but wasn't too sure about snacks.

Anybody have any experience with this?

yes, as long as they are sealed, but I have to ask, just out of curiosity why would anyone bring snacks on a cruise? We get tired of eating after a few days.

Yes, we have found them unnecessary.

Chips are on buffet, potato and tortilla

Cookies and whole fruit from buffet

Cereal from complimentary room service

Room Steward left me chocolate with towel animal

Ice cream any time

Pub open 24hrs

I can think of several reasons to bring your own food on board

- unusual dietary problems

- fussy child or toddler

- my first cruise, I brought a box of Splenda because I wasn't sure the ship would have it and I live on it

- I am leaning towards bringing a box of granola bars on our Alaska cruise, as we are doing some long excursions and I don't know what the timing of a meal or the availability of snacks will be, and I don't want to waste any of our time trying to not be cranky because I'm hungry. I would have been happy to simply bring along a disposable or two of favorites from the buffet, but I have gathered from other posts that may not be allowed even in the Alaska (i.e., still U.S.) ports.

So snark really isn't appropriate or helpful.

We are heading to the Mexican Riviera 03/12/17.

Are we allowed to bring snacks in our carry on or checked luggage? Like gummy bears, chocolate, chips....Etc.

I know they don't let you bring drinks, but wasn't too sure about snacks.

Anybody have any experience with this?

I do. If we are not cruising in a suite, I will bring chips, gummy bears, Swedish berries, sour cherries and other little bags of treats that my family enjoys. They are things I know I cannot get onboard and that my boys appreciate as a little surprise from time to time.

As others have mentioned, there are restrictions as to what you can bring ashore, but you can definitely bring snacks aboard for consumption on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fruits nuts veggies all that healthy stuff in open unsealed containers - a BIG NO !...!

The OP is asking about bringing snacks ONTO the ship when embarking. That answer is YES, even if the snacks are in unsealed containers.

The OP is asking about bringing snacks ONTO the ship when embarking. That answer is YES, even if the snacks are in unsealed containers.

Was a joke statement to precede the following sentence:

But alas any sort of junk food absolutely OK eat your heart attack out !

Levity seems to be lacking in many areas of forums - but Hawaii and California sure do take their agriculture produce stuff seriously.

Gotta keep dem pet bugs at bay and killer bees are nothing to mess with and I need not go into that virus stuff.

At least bringing snacks on board is nowhere near the drastic water issue !

Yet I could have worded it a bit better on review ah er second thought.

Comments and criticism welcome - thank you for your post !

I can think of several reasons to bring your own food on board

- unusual dietary problems

- fussy child or toddler

- my first cruise, I brought a box of Splenda because I wasn't sure the ship would have it and I live on it

- I am leaning towards bringing a box of granola bars on our Alaska cruise, as we are doing some long excursions and I don't know what the timing of a meal or the availability of snacks will be, and I don't want to waste any of our time trying to not be cranky because I'm hungry. I would have been happy to simply bring along a disposable or two of favorites from the buffet, but I have gathered from other posts that may not be allowed even in the Alaska (i.e., still U.S.) ports.

So snark really isn't appropriate or helpful.

Just an FYI, after you figure out your excursions, many of the parks will not let you bring any food in because of bear safety. Even if sealed.

We always bring snacks. I find the desserts on NCL to be poor enough that they're not worth the calories - there's only so much fruit-for-dessert I can take. I don't usually bother unless we're in a specialty, and even then some nights we're full enough from appetizer/entree that we don't bother with dessert.

Sometimes you just want a taste of something sweet or salty and having a piece of chocolate or some nuts will do the trick.

Sometimes you're ready for dinner and your significant other is not and just a taste of something keeps you from getting hangry.

yes, as long as they are sealed, but I have to ask, just out of curiosity why would anyone bring snacks on a cruise? We get tired of eating after a few days.

One of children has celiac, and we bring packaged snacks to take off of the ship. There have been times when we've returned to the ship when the buffet was closed, osheehans isn't very gluten free, and room service takes too long. It's nice to have something handy to snack on.