Concierge Class, lemme hear it!

Reenwad

That's not the ice bucket - that bucket is specifically for chilling wine. I wouldn't want to use ice out of a bucket that has a bottle in it. The ice bucket is smaller, has a lid, and tongs. Generally it sets next to the water carafe - both of which used to be provided standard, but now more often than not need to be requested.

Mike

Yep - my bad. Sorry - I got it confused :)

No one 'hates' concierge class. People are not haters for pointing out that it's a BS marketing ploy to sucker people in.

We just have a few drama queens on the board who are incapable of reasoned debate. :)

I think the point is not that posters personally point out things that they like or dislike about a particular cabin option, but rather it's the words chosen... like telling someone they are a sucker for believing the marketing BS. It's subtle... but it is there. And of course, that's just my opinion :)

I think the point is not that posters personally point out things that they like or dislike about a particular cabin option, but rather it's the words chosen... like telling someone they are a sucker for believing the marketing BS. It's subtle... but it is there. And of course, that's just my opinion :)

Is it more or less subtle than my "If you like the cabin and the price book it" comment that I made previously?

See, in my opinion that's more relevant. ;) :)

Also, in my opinion concierge class, aqua class and suite class all have a degree of marketing BS surrounding them when it comes to Celebrity. It's just that the benefits are far more obvious and tangible when it comes to aqua or a suite.

The guy pointing out the rather tacky gold colored sea pass card highlights the point some make about CC being touted as something special when it just isn't. I'm sure those with light blue and silver sea pass cards will smile knowingly when they next see someone waving a gold card around in a 'look at me fashion'... ;) :D

We only book Concierge for the aft cabin locations. I can't say we've ever used the actual concierge; I don't even know what they do. The sparkling wine is wasted on us, as are the afternoon finger foods. As for priority check-in, it seems to depend on the port. In Miami, Concierge was lumped in with Aqua and Elite/Elite Plus. Only Suites and Zenith had any kind of actual expedited boarding.

Occasionally, the concierge comes through with a helipad sail-away party. On Connie, it was Venice, which was superb. That's the only one where that happened for us. Either she was exceptional or such things are just rare, in general. We were invited to one out of St Maarten on Eclipse, but only because I asked the CD. Even then, it was nothing to do with Concierge Class, as it was a Suites event we managed an invitation to, thanks to the aforementioned CD.

Is it more or less subtle than my "If you like the cabin and the price book it" comment that I made previously?

See, in my opinion that's more relevant. ;) :)

Also, in my opinion concierge class, aqua class and suite class all have a degree of marketing BS surrounding them when it comes to Celebrity. It's just that the benefits are far more obvious and tangible when it comes to aqua or a suite.

The guy pointing out the rather tacky gold colored sea pass card highlights the point some make about CC being touted as something special when it just isn't. I'm sure those with light blue and silver sea pass cards will smile knowingly when they next see someone waving a gold card around in a 'look at me fashion'... ;) :D

I don't see how the benefits of Aqua are more obvious or tangible than CC. It depends on what you seek. For example, if you want a lovely aft cabin then Aqua has no benefit whatsoever. If like a lot of people you don't like Blu then Aqua has very little benefit.

As for pointing out the comments made by another about the gold card. That is just plain rude. And your comments about those with light blue or silver cards is just ridiculous.

Yes, we all have an opinion, but let's respect the fact that everyone has one.

But many Concierge cabins are not Aft. In which case Blu is very attractive for Aqua guests. Also the spa benefits. So in those cases there is little benefit in CC. In our July Baltic cruise all the CC cabins are sold out. Clearly some people like them.

But many Concierge cabins are not Aft. In which case Blu is very attractive for Aqua guests.

Unsure where the connection is between, 'But many Concierge cabins are not aft. In which case Blu is very attractive for Aqua guests.' :confused:? Are you implying that pax only book Aqua for Blu because all the aft Concierge cabins are already reserved?

Look at it from another perspective, Aqua (both A1 and A2) are less expensive than the C1s on our Equinox sailing (and that's without Blu and not on a M class ship - where I'd totally understand the difference in price). There are different classes for different strokes, and you are correct in stating there's a lot of marketing fluff used to sell all of them. Personally we do not like the location of the majority of Aqua cabins or the closeness of the tables in Blu, however there are many pax that do (& that's before we've even considered the menu choice). I would rather have a regular balcony on a S class ship and use the difference to pay for the specialty restaurants. There are some pax that will not sail in anything else but a suite. We prefer to fly business class on long haul, whereas some pax would never consider spending the extra to fly from/to their cruises and yet wouldn't think twice about paying the extra for only staying in a suite. We are all different and our personal needs/wants are different too - hence the choice of classes.

Btw, I couldn't care less if my seapass card was yellow with green and purple stripes - it has no bearing on the enjoyment of my cruise :). I hear pax moaning on every cruise from all cabin types, irrespective of the colour of their seapass cards - DYKWIA :D.

AGREE!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Just back from Reflection in Concierge Class. Had never done that level before.

All this said, we had a wonderful week. The food was exceptional (don't listen to the critics who tell you things have gone terribly downhill, they're wrong), the ship was beautiful, the entertainment was very good and the weather was a much-needed upgrade from what we'd been suffering through up north.

Danielbriere, thank you for your review. One Concierge Class perk you didn't mention was the newly added Welcome Aboard Lunch in the MDR. Was it offered on your cruise and if you took part, how was it?

I will be on Silhouette in April and am looking forward to a sit down lunch instead of hitting the buffet lugging my carry-on while waiting for cabins to open.:cool:

Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to my Concierge Cabin, and I've wrapped up the comments that I will count on, and let you all know in about a year if I think it was worth it. Perhaps in a years time, there will be even more benefits!

• The one thing I should point out is that since you have sailed Celebrity before, you should be a Classic member in the Captains Club. That means you should have been able to book a C2 for the same price you paid for you C3. C2s are generally in much better locations.

• Embarkation was quick, we were called after the suites

• The other positive is that you earn more Captain's Club points per night.

• Embarkation luncheon is a nice benefit, so be sure to arrive early enough to enjoy it.

• Canapés can be switched out! If you don't like the evening canapes you can ask your room steward to bring shrimp cocktail or a cheese/cracker tray instead.

• The Concierge tote bag is significantly sturdier and more attractive than the flimsy regular tote.

• The leather-like Seapass Card holder is very handy

• We thought the binoculars were a silly idea ... until we used them several times. Turns out that was a useful bonus.

• We DID enjoy the foot rests on the balcony. I also noticed a difference in the quality and thickness of the bath towels, and the robes.

Ok, I've booked a C3 concierge cabin on Silhouette for January 2018. We haven't cruise Celebrity in 17 years, so it'll be all new to us anyhoo. We usually book Carnival, along with the Faster To The Fun package, and the concierge cabin seems to be like that, but even better.

I've been reading that it's really not a big deal, but a bottle of wine, bowl of fruit, daily delites, tote bag, key holder, welcome lunch, and priority check in & out seems worth the price I paid.

So let me hear your thoughts on it.

No need to bash me for cruising Carnival, just looking for opinions on Concierge cabins. BTW, I'm in cabin 1004 in case anyone has photos to share!! ;)

Thanks!

Years ago the concierge room service menu had fresh squeezed OJ, and a fantastic yogurt parfait, which we got almost every day before the regular breakfast, but they don't have it anymore. It doesn't hurt to be in concierge, but you don't get better service. It's basically the same as a balcony cabin.

Good luck with this post....there are many concierge haters out there! Lol. We are in a concierge cabin in April. ...I had asked a question about it and u wouldn't believe the negativity I received!!!! I'm not all that upset about chosen it....at the time it was only $100 more than regular balcony. ...we ended up with one of the very few cabins that hv an extra large balcony so for that I'm thrilled!!

I'm sure we will like our concierge class! !! ENJOY! !

I love Concierge class! There I said it! I did not like Blu at all for dinner. The shower heads are great and the locations of the cabins are better! Doing B2B on the Equinox in 2 weeks and can't wait!

I love Concierge class! There I said it! I did not like Blu at all for dinner. The shower heads are great and the locations of the cabins are better! Doing B2B on the Equinox in 2 weeks and can't wait!

AWESOME TO HEAR!! Going Concierge on Equinox mid April for 10 nights....will u post your review when u return?!

• The Concierge tote bag is significantly sturdier and more attractive (think Longchamps tote) than the flimsy regular tote

• The leather-like Seapass Card holder is very handy

• I really appreciate the stool that makes your deck chair into a loung chair.

• On M class ships, the 21 extra square feet makes a difference.

• As mentioned, if points matter to you, the 5 points vs. 3 points for a veranda cabin makes a difference.

• As someone mentioned, as you sailed on Celebrity before, you should be Classic loyalty status, so you should be able to get a C2 cabin for the price of a C3. The C2 cabins can be in great locations, i.e. on the hump with large balconies.

We are booked in concierge on the Reflection in two weeks. I'm wondering... Do you get one tote per cabin or per passenger? Will they leave three robes for us if we have three guests in the cabin?

Just off the Silhouette..Booked C1 and got upgraded to C2....Great location. The welcome Lunch was MUCH better than ever expected. We had Crusted Lamb Chops directly from Murano and they were outstanding plus no hassle compared to what we typically experienced at the Buffet. NOTE you had to be seated by 1pm to enjoy the welcome luncheon.

Evening treats were a joke...suggest you ask for a Fruit and cheese plate. I also think you get better trained room attendants as you work your way up the cabin levels. The sparkling wine you receive, well you can trade that in in the main dining room towards a bottle of wine and get $25 credit OR you can leave it for your cabin attendant on your last day of departure.

Just off the Silhouette..Booked C1 and got upgraded to C2....Great location. The welcome Lunch was MUCH better than ever expected. We had Crusted Lamb Chops directly from Murano and they were outstanding plus no hassle compared to what we typically experienced at the Buffet. NOTE you had to be seated by 1pm to enjoy the welcome luncheon.

Evening treats were a joke...suggest you ask for a Fruit and cheese plate. I also think you get better trained room attendants as you work your way up the cabin levels. The sparkling wine you receive, well you can trade that in in the main dining room towards a bottle of wine and get $25 credit OR you can leave it for your cabin attendant on your last day of departure.

A C2 is a lower category than a C1 :confused:.

Thank you for your review!

Love lamb chops and happy to hear how to trade in sparkling wine.:)

We had Consierge on Equinox.not aure what we paid but there is no way it is worth more than $25 a person. Canapés are 4 small little food items and I mean small. We never ate them and finally told the room attendant not to bring them..The wine or champagne is poor quality, the foot stools, no big deal, embarkation lunch to me is the same stuff they have on the regular MDR menu every night and who wants to eat the minute you get on the ship?

For us just not worth the money but maybe to others it is. Also as far as the line on embarkation not even sure we found the line..

Now you are willing to pay $100 a person for that? Not us but to each his own!

Ok here's my 2 cents worth

We book Concierge for 3 main reasons

1 - cabin location, we prefer high deck or aft cabins and don't want a gym or buffet above us (as happens in aqua)

2 - we love to have room service breakfast on our balcony every morning and Concierge has an enhanced menu over standard balcony (I know some say you can write additional items on the normal room service menu but I prefer to not have the hassle)

3 - additional captains club points, we get 5 per night against 3 in standard balcony - so we will achieve elite (for the extra perks) after 60 nights against 100 nights in standard balcony ...... that's 40 days or almost 6 weeks less to achieve elite .... after that we may choose alternatives but to be honest on our 4 cruises booked on X in Concierge we have only paid £50 to £100 (per cabin, not person) more for a 10 or 14 nights cruise compared to a 1b

To us it's worth it .... and the new embarkation lunch was nice on our last cruise as well :-)

Edited by barneymag