Booking a future Celebrity cruise onboard

Sunset329

For UK sailers it has more benefit than US residents as over here once a cruise is booked , you cannot switch . Without losing your deposit etc .

We booked on board for the first time last year for this year , and we may well do it again for a 2019 sailing . As the onboard perks we were offered were brilliant ,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Question-- If we book a specific future cruise onboard (probably basic balcony cabin) and put down the $100/pp deposit but something comes up and we want to cancel more than 90 days out, would we get the $100 deposit back or do they keep that to apply toward a future cruise? Also, is the $100 deposit all we pay until the 90-day-out due date for the balance?

We're likely looking at a 10-day Caribbean cruise on Reflection next winter. Can someone ballpark for me what kind of OBC range they would likely be offering us? Do they usually offer the same type of deal you'd find from other agents for that sailing at that time (i.e., 2 of 4 of the Go Best promotion, etc.)?

We'll be on the summit I'm a couple days, I'll post a pic of the latest deals. If u take the OBC on the cruise you're on the deposit becomes nonrefundable but u can move the cruise to a different one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

When I made the on board reservation back in December of 2015, they deposit could not be charged to the seapass card; a credit card was required. Other posters are saying the same thing for more recent reservations.

I have always used a credit card to book future cruises on board. It was not required and could have been charged to our on board account, per the next cruise representative, but I prefer it to be separate.

We take the OBC on the future cruise not on the current cruise.

I have always used a credit card to book future cruises on board. It was not required and could have been charged to our on board account, per the next cruise representative, but I prefer it to be separate.

We take the OBC on the future cruise not on the current cruise.

We always use a credit card to book future cruises as well - because that is the only option. I believe it was in fact required, and could not have been charged to your account, despite you being told it could.

Granted this is my opinion - and the opinion of others who have posted to this thread. The few reports we have had of being able to charge to your onboard account have been from people who have been told it can be done. Until someone posts here that they have actually done it I continue to believe that this is incorrect information.

Mike

We always use a credit card to book future cruises as well - because that is the only option. I believe it was in fact required, and could not have been charged to your account, despite you being told it could.

Granted this is my opinion - and the opinion of others who have posted to this thread. The few reports we have had of being able to charge to your onboard account have been from people who have been told it can be done. Until someone posts here that they have actually done it I continue to believe that this is incorrect information.

Mike

For your kind information, the rep charged my on board account on the Summit last July. I did not want to do that, I wanted to use my card as always. So the rep changed my method of payment and used my card. So yes, it has been done in one case where I was not fast enough to pull out my credit card and tell him to use it.

We will be on the Equinox in May. What are the advantages, if any, of booking a future Celebrity cruise while we are on the Equinox?

Generally you'll get a bit more OBC. Other than that not really much advantage. You may get better selection of your cabin & get a chance to actually see it.

Watch for OBC specials onboard - on our February Silhouette cruise there was extra OBC for booking the first two days of the cruise.

Also be aware that you can get the price reduced BEFORE final payment if the price goes down. My last two September cruises went way down in price from what I booked onboard. I watch the prices weekly.

We booked onboard and transferred the booking to our TA. We then changed the sailing to the one we wanted (it was not yet available when we were on board). Our TA said that they no longer show the OBC earned from Celebrity for booking onboard (they did in the past) on our reservation, but that we still get it. Has this happened to anyone else? My concern is that when we board, the OBC will not be credited to our account and since it does not show on the reservation we currently have from the TA, don't know how we would prove that we should get it.
Your OBC from Celebrity should appear in the 'Onboard Credits - Currency ' section on the first page of your Guest Copy of your Celebrity invoice.

Your TA should have sent it to you in addition to the TA's invoice (so call your TA and request it, if you do not already have it).

At the upper right, it says:

Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy

Issue Date: DD MM YYYY

Confirmation Copy #:X

The Copy # increases each time you make a change or payment to the reservation and are issued an updated invoice

When using a TA you must depend on the TA to make the final payment for you and to send you your final updated Guest Copy of your Celebrity invoice.

Then you can check it to see that it shows the final payment was applied to the correct reservation and it shows zero balance due remaining, and still shows your OBC from Celebrity.

(Yes, I learned that it is important to check the OBC again because I recently had something else changed and some of my OBC disappeared!

But I called them right away and they immediately put it back and sent me a new invoice that was correct.)

That final Guest Copy, (showing your onboard credit from Celebrity and zero remaining balance) is the one to take with you as your proof.

Also take the TA's invoice, just in case there is a question about any perks you are supposed to receive from the TA.

Have a great cruise!

I was doing price checks on 2 B2B cruises that I have planned to book while on board an upcoming cruises. However, for the same cruises, a TransAtlantic and an Europe continuation tour, a big box TA's prices are much cheaper than CC's site. I believe the big box TA has block booked these cruises. Based on this, I should not wait to book these thru CC's Future Cruises, is that right? If so, what if CC has major price drops after final payment, am I stuck with these bookings through the big box TA? My current TransAtlantic which was booked through a TA but with standard CC prices, I managed to pay more after final payment, after price drop, to get a higher class stateroom.

Both times we've booked onboard we've got the cabin we selected at the price of the next lower category ie booked a 2A but paid the 2B price. Plus the extra OBC and the reduced deposit, of course.

That is a Captain's Club past passenger benefit.

You would have paid that lower price if you had booked with a travel agent or booked it yourself with Celebrity back home.

You are incorrect on that. I just double checked with Celebrity rep and had them also check with supervisor on that issue cause I have 500 OBC.....for an upcoming cruise and I generally do not take excursions. I was told booking future cruise while on the cruise the deposit goes on your sign and sail and my OBC can go towards final bill at end of my cruise because they will not deal with separate credit card or cash transactions while on cruise. You might want to call your representative again.

I think this is a matter of misreading/understanding what is being said. The OBC credit earned from booking can be applied and used on current but you cannot use any current OBC towards the deposit to book a future cruise. As others have said, they ask for a credit card for this charge.

Just off the Solstice where we booked a b2b. We got the Go Big price and were given an extra perk. We got the extra OBC. We also got the $100 pp deposit per cruise. We got the cabin upgrade but I think that is a Captain Club thing. You do pay with a credit card. It can't be charged to the room. FYI, your paperwork will show the Go Better price and it is suppose to be adjusted within 2 weeks. The b2b credit is supposed to be added within 2 weeks also. I have my TA looking for these. I was told if the price drops before final payment I can take advantage of that and not lose anything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Watch for OBC specials onboard - on our February Silhouette cruise there was extra OBC for booking the first two days of the cruise.

Also be aware that you can get the price reduced BEFORE final payment if the price goes down. My last two September cruises went way down in price from what I booked onboard. I watch the prices weekly.

So do you have to call your Travel Agent to get the reduced price or do you call Celebrity, even if you did use a TA?

As well, can the OBC be applied to the current cruise or will it only apply to a future cruise?

I'm new to Celebrity, so looking for help on planning a cruise when I go on one later this month.

We booked a future cruise while on the summit two years ago- we have rescheduled a few times without trouble. We still have the free perks and our deposit was transferred as well. We will finally go on our next cruise in October and will probably book the next one while we are sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So do you have to call your Travel Agent to get the reduced price or do you call Celebrity, even if you did use a TA?

As well, can the OBC be applied to the current cruise or will it only apply to a future cruise?

I'm new to Celebrity, so looking for help on planning a cruise when I go on one later this month.

If you used a TA, you must go through the TA for any pricing changes.