"LIVE" from the Navigator 2/12/2017

niksmom630

If you get a chance Chris, check and see if the price of the various Old Fashioneds in the Schooner Bar (they used to have like 5 varieties on the menu) are over the $12 drink package limit too. I think it is rather ridiculous they have raised some of those drinks to $14 - to exceed the package limits. Thanks!!!

Dan.

Sure, I will check the other bar menus tomorrow, Dan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Booked on navigator in June for a Baltic cruise. Would like a look at the room service breakfast menu if it's not too much trouble.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Room service breakfast menu

2B0DC857-8AA3-4655-82F1-29C8C290A9CC_zpszjcd0xv4.jpg

Just finished up a great dinner at Sabor. It's definitely a different experience on Navigator. The decor and feel is a lot more upscale than the remodeled Rita's or Seafood Shack, but no more tableside prep of the guacamole....[emoji53] I missed that. The shrimp was fabulous though. Highly recommend!

369F447C-74F1-40E8-8885-BF1FE6092DC2_zpsjppkuquh.jpg

I'll get some restaurant photos tomorrow...here's a shot of the MDR

F86D6F18-5AF4-40F9-BAA0-864489DC3416_zps11puqfhv.jpg

Just finished up a great dinner at Sabor. It's definitely a different experience on Navigator. The decor and feel is a lot more upscale than the remodeled Rita's or Seafood Shack, but no more tableside prep of the guacamole....[emoji53] I missed that. The shrimp was fabulous though. Highly recommend!

No more tableside Guac, WHAT??? That's absurd. If there is a waiter there still, named Evo Rodriguez, he is great!!

Dan.

I've reverted back to Photobucket for photos for this review. I used Tapatalk for my last review, but I had some issues photo sizing and wasn't crazy about the quality of some of the photos either.

Speed test from this morning. I will attempt a FaceTime call with DD later and report back.

We will be in Nassau around nine, and today will be my Solarium day! [emoji4]

D283A071-5853-40C3-B2ED-227AC844392F_zpsd9ybuw0t.png

Excellent internet performance numbers. I assume that service is Surf & Stream?

Yes, Bob. I will use D+ credit applied for the first two days, which will net to $16, then husbands for the next two days--which will net out to another $16 after discount. [emoji106]

The Dublin Iced tea looks good. I will have to try one. Especially since we will be on the ship on St. Patrick's day!

The only thing to put in a glass of Guinness is another one. lol. Saying that I think I'll try one or two on my Transatlantic end of April

Sent from my F8331 using Forums mobile app

Following along - we are on Navigator March 31 - so miss Miami. It is very pretty for sail-aways:) We do our sail-aways up in the Viking Crown Lounge - best view and no wind.

Nassau is always our Solarium Days, too. So relaxing and quiet - thank you for reviewing while you are vacationing!

Can't wait to hear your dinner review for Chops.

I've reverted back to Photobucket for photos for this review. I used Tapatalk for my last review, but I had some issues photo sizing and wasn't crazy about the quality of some of the photos either.

Speed test from this morning. I will attempt a FaceTime call with DD later and report back.

We will be in Nassau around nine, and today will be my Solarium day! [emoji4]

Chris, when you get home you should test a few pics on the CC branded app in medium and best quality. I have done some on the test forum as prep for my upcoming review and with the new CC format the pics are far superior in quality to what they used to be on explorer/safari. They also don't stretch they screen and text like they used to.

Enjoy the day in the solarium.:)

I waffled on the drink package, because I had read reports that the D three free drink vouchers could be used in any venue, including specialty restaurants and the MDR. Not so on the Navigator. Explicitly states they cannot be used in these venues.

I asked the pool bartender about the punch card, and he said it would be offered on day 4. I'll try and get details on that.

I'll also post some drink menus. I can report that my Ultimate Pina Colada was only $12 with gratuity vs. $14 on Harmony

Chris, when you get home you should test a few pics on the CC branded app in medium and best quality. I have done some on the test forum as prep for my upcoming review and with the new CC format the pics are far superior in quality to what they used to be on explorer/safari. They also don't stretch they screen and text like they used to.

Enjoy the day in the solarium.:)

Thanks, Andrew....I will have to try that. It's been awhile since I tried to do anything with photos using the CC app.

Are these photos looking okay? Going back and forth between my iPad and iPhone...

I'll be checking in to your posts until Wednesday morning when we leave for Miami, as we're going on the 9-night cruise on Friday :) Please let us know what the entertainment is like on board, shows not to miss and how embarkation was. Thanks!

Off 9 night Navigator cruise and there was a lot of entertainment for a 9 niter.

On 1st night they had comedian "Basile" and he was funny. The night of the Super Bowl, a tribute band singing Motown songs. Felt bad for them as the theatre was basically empty. We went to the show as the game was a blowout, so we thought.

Other nights:

"All Access" show comprised of R&R songs. Performed by RCL entertainers. Covered a lot ladies of Motown. Too loud and not our cup of tea.

Ventriloquist. He was so funny, especially when he asked a pax to come on the stage. This large man in statute sat on his lap and became the dummy.

Male singer (Australian) on another night. Sang and also played the trumpet.

The last night was the farewell show with a comedian for NJ. Very funny man.

Sorry that I can't list/remember names as I did not bring back the daily compasses. Overall, I thought, a lot of entertainment in the theatre. On some of the more popular shows make sure you get there early. 2 of the shows we basically sat by a pole and we got there 20 minutes early

Also, Kareoke was presented on the 12th deck/Crows Nest. Most of the shows were late (9:45pm). Since we're early risers, we only attended 2 of the shows and the individual performers were very good. I guess the lateness was because it was listed as "Adult" and to the area being the overflow for the D lounge and it ended at 8:30pm.

Ps. I'll take the D lounge over the CL. The CL is inside while the D lounge & overflow has a fantastic view. The only advantage of the CL lounge for me was that it was on the same deck as my cabin (9th) and easy to grab a café latte.

Glad you are having fun, we are sailing on Navigator March 3rd and can't wait. My wife was wondering if the ship has any bars outside other than the pool bars. We have sailed the last four years on Celebrity Reflection and they had a sunset bar on the top of the ship, can someone let me know if Navigator has one outside. Thanks and after winning the Super Bowl last Sunday, we have been hit with two snowstorms in four days and the countdown has begun, 18 days to go!!!