Live From Harmony 2/11/2017

Ander026

Great start! Ant tips for first timers to the Oasis class?

Have high expectations! Mine were very well exceeded by Oasis and Allure. I am sailing Harmony April 8th (anyone else here on that sailing?) and am very excited. Despite the large amount of people, the only times you really feel it are right after the shows, during big events (such as parades and parties), and immediately after muster. Many say it is a smart idea after shows to sit in the theater for a little bit and wait for the crowd to clear out, however I like to get out and enjoy the ship so I just deal with it! Same with the post-muster situation - if you tell me your location on the ship I may be able to tell you where your station is and the easiest way out to get back to your cabin or directly to your sailaway location, which brings me to my next tip. There are many great areas for sailaway, such as all around the pool deck (above the pools on Deck 16), as well as the Solarium/Sundeck on Deck 14 (only Harmony has the Solarium down there), but if you want to get on the webcam make sure you do port side! My plan is to go to the back of the ship, by the sports deck and hopefully I can get on it! Whatever you choose to do during your cruise, there's so much to do onboard, and it's almost overwhelming, but in a good way! The reality is, you can't do it all in one week, but you can definitely do as much as you can - or whatever you want! Definitely soak it in. Let me know if you have any other specific questions, it's a great ship class and you won't regret trying it out, I can promise you that!

Edited by CreativeCruiser119

Well this morning I went to the Bridge Tour. Once again this bridge is huge

IMG_6480_zpsrpoix3lm.jpg

Here is a shot looking toward the aft end of ship from the Port Side Bridge Wing

IMG_6482_zps4nbtzbfz.jpg

Here is a view of the Wing Controls

IMG_6483_zpsoexuaqko.jpg

Here is a couple of shots from the Harmony EOC

IMG_6484_zpsvwmbrm2i.jpg

IMG_6485_zps8rrsdhoq.jpg

Here is a view of Rhapsody from the Bridge

IMG_6487_zpseymymdlt.jpg

After the Bridge Tour I went out and wandered around the Port area

There was a total of 6 ships in port today. There was us and Carnival Pride at the International Pier

IMG_6501_zpsavlpp8s0.jpg

IMG_6512_zpshbup3erh.jpg

IMG_6515_zpsjtsilx0n.jpg

There was Carnival Glory, Conquest, and Freedom at the Carnival Dock

IMG_6522_zpstqklmhl2.jpg

There was RCCL Rhapsody and another ship parked downtown

IMG_6517_zpsltbxeoke.jpg

When I got off the ship I checked out Margaritaville which just opened a few months ago

IMG_6506_zpsx2laumkm.jpg

IMG_6505_zps93f9lnd3.jpg

IMG_6528_zps8ugx4xtz.jpg

Then wandered the shops of the new and old sections. I ended up at Pepe's Pier Beach Bar which is right by the port

IMG_6508_zps9lku4toh.jpg

IMG_6510_zps2tslaqlp.jpg

IMG_6527_zpsjr3eiazx.jpg

After I got on board I had lunch in the Windjammer then took a rest in the room before heading to the pool area for taking in the water slides.

Then it was time for dinner.

After Dinner it was time to head back to the Theater to see Columbus The Musical. This was one of the better production shows that I have seen on Royal. It had some great music and a story line with a different ending that you would not expect. Below are pics from the show.

IMG_6534_zpsuam3dzqc.jpg

IMG_6536_zpsua1xtr8c.jpg

IMG_6537_zpsitqfgitj.jpg

IMG_6540_zpsjhxdmzkc.jpg

IMG_6544_zpsrn6vrvdo.jpg

IMG_6548_zpsamwqzanu.jpg

Well that is all for tonight. Tomorrow is the final day at Sea. This cruise on Harmony as gone to fast.

After Dinner it was time to head back to the Theater to see Columbus The Musical. This was one of the better production shows that I have seen on Royal. It had some great music and a story line with a different ending that you would not expect.

Well that is all for tonight. Tomorrow is the final day at Sea. This cruise on Harmony as gone to fast.

Every cruise goes too fast. Then it is on to looking forward to the next one!

Good afternoon to all,

Well this is the final Sea day turning into the evening. As typical I try to do as little as possible but still find a busy schedule thru the morning and afternoon.

This morning I went to breakfast at Mini Bites as I have everyday this cruise. After breakfast it was time for the Mini Golf tournament. This time I shot a 25 and was a shot out of placing in the top 3.

While on deck I was able to get a photo of Freedom of the Seas as she was heading back to FLL as well.

IMG_6550_zpsccunwi4k.jpg

Then I returned to the room to get the reservation for the Theater tour.

At 1050 this morning this was our location

IMG_6551_zpsojjqp1b1.jpg

IMG_6553_zps8u4vag4b.jpg

Then it was time to head to the Theater for the backstage tour.

IMG_6554_zpsplscchtz.jpg

Now it is time for the backstage tour.

I entered the theater and sat with my friends in the front row.

The ship is still on the stage from last night. Columbus the Musical was created by RCCL and the first Musical that the cruise line as created.

IMG_6555_zpsbbj94uiy.jpg

Here is a look at the set for Grease.

IMG_6556_zpsycc4eagn.jpg

IMG_6559_zpseitupp9s.jpg

This is the same camera that was used for Hairspray when it was on Oasis.

IMG_6560_zpsdcn9bsng.jpg

Here is where the Harmony of the Seas Orchestra performs during the shows.

IMG_6561_zps5yftxqbt.jpg

Here is a view looking out to the audience at the Theater.

IMG_6562_zpspzx0aoum.jpg

Now it was time for lunch where I went to the Solarium Bistro. Had a good lunch as I was on my way to the Aqua Theater

It was now time to check out the show Hideaway Heist. This was a comedy aqua show

IMG_6563_zpsngywbg59.jpg

Here are some more photos from the show

IMG_6567_zpsty5xhifi.jpg

IMG_6570_zpssh8bacs6.jpg

IMG_6576_zpsh3xisk0t.jpg

IMG_6579_zpsrlmi9raw.jpg

IMG_6585_zpsxgpmmf9o.jpg

While up on Deck 15 I found that the Ultimate Abyss was open so I decided this was my one and only chance to go today.

In line for the Abyss

IMG_6604_zpsiw6gmvpu.jpg

Looking down while in line then at the top of the line

IMG_6605_zpsp792f75v.jpg

IMG_6606_zps14tf2ecc.jpg

IMG_6608_zpsq5rzkznp.jpg

Then it was time to go. It was a real nice ride down the slide. Hard to believe that I went 10 decks below to the Board Walk

Well now it is time to head to the Diamond Lounge for the last night and Dinner.

Great review! I'm enjoying your photos of a variety of places and your information.

I'm scheduled for my cruise on HOS April 29th on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. Looking forward to it, despite some mixed reviews about the ship.

You mentioned some great sea/ocean views on top of the pool deck/deck 16 (Is that is by lounger chairs there?),

the Solarium deck 14 (How do I access that?)

and by the Sports Deck. (Is that deck 15 aft??)

Do you know if there is an open air view/spot to take in the view of the wake of the ship at the aft end of deck 5/running track like there was on Oasis of the Seas?

Do you have any other neat spots to see/investigate on the ship?

Just curious if you know where Muster station AO2 is located?

Hope to glean some of your knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

Happy cruising.

Wonderful review -- love learning about the Harmony and seeing the pictures. We have friends onboard now doing a B2B celebrating their 55 wedding anniversary - I think it is their first cruise on RCL so your review made me feel happy.

Safe travels home.

Kathy

Great review! I'm enjoying your photos of a variety of places and your information.

I'm scheduled for my cruise on HOS April 29th on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. Looking forward to it, despite some mixed reviews about the ship.

You mentioned some great sea/ocean views on top of the pool deck/deck 16 (Is that is by lounger chairs there?), There are Loungers all over Deck 16 and 15

the Solarium deck 14 (How do I access that?)The Solarium can be accessed by Deck 15 and 16. In the Solarium there are stairs to Deck 14. On Port and Starboard side there is access to the Bridge Wings.

and by the Sports Deck. (Is that deck 15 aft??) Yes it is Deck 15 Port side aft pool.

Do you know if there is an open air view/spot to take in the view of the wake of the ship at the aft end of deck 5/running track like there was on Oasis of the Seas? Yes on Deck 5 and you can see from Deck 15 aft as well

Do you have any other neat spots to see/investigate on the ship?

Just curious if you know where Muster station AO2 is located? Not sure. Thinking it is in the Theater on Deck 5

Hope to glean some of your knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

Happy cruising.

Check out the answers above in blue

Well Good Evening to everyone

Well this is the last night on the cruise. This will be my last post till tomorrow morning as I am trying to get to bed at a reasonable hour because I plan on leaving first thing in the morning.

Here is our current position.

IMG_6610_zpsqsxvsa7r.jpg

IMG_6611_zpscb3tqohk.jpg

Well this week went by to fast as usual. Overall I had a great cruise and the staff has been fantastic. The one problem I saw was the Diamond Lounge as it was way to small for happy hour. Even though they used Jazz on 4 as overflow that even got full as well.

In terms of the Wow Bands I know there is debate out there about them but I liked the Wow Band. Whenever I was onboard the ship I used the Wow Band everywhere and left the Sea Pass Card in my wallet ready to go for Port of Call. The only issue came when I went to the Jazz on 4 for Diamond Lounge Overflow I had to show the gate keeper that my band worked on the DL Door as I do not carry the card.

I have to give my room a A+ as it seemed bigger than my room on Oasis. I think the shower is bigger as well. The room altogether felt more open.

Ports of call were the same that I have visited back in September and November so I got off just to walk around. Getting back to the ship in Cozumel felt like I was going thru TSA as I had to take my shoes and belt off. I even got patted down after the metal detector eventhough it did not go off.

Tomorrow I will be using the new App for the passport and I will report how that goes.

I am looking to be on the road by 0730 to get back home as I have to head to an Umpire Clinic and help out the afternoon session.

Talk with everyone tomorrow.

While up on Deck 15 I found that the Ultimate Abyss was open so I decided this was my one and only chance to go today.

In line for the Abyss

IMG_6604_zpsiw6gmvpu.jpg

Looking down while in line then at the top of the line

IMG_6605_zpsp792f75v.jpg

IMG_6606_zps14tf2ecc.jpg

IMG_6608_zpsq5rzkznp.jpg

Then it was time to go. It was a real nice ride down the slide. Hard to believe that I went 10 decks below to the Board Walk

Well now it is time to head to the Diamond Lounge for the last night and Dinner.

I can only imagine the adranaline you were feeling as you waited to go down! I am a little scared to do it on my cruise in April, but a lot of my friends want me to do it so why not- after all, you only live once! My question to you is, does it feel like a straight-down drop? Or do the twists and turns make it more bearable? Do you think myself, a chicken who is afraid of big straight-down drops, will be able to enjoy it without panicking? Thank you for your input and for taking the time to write this review, I hope you have had a great cruise! Makes me even more excited than I already am for my cruise in 50 days! Safe travels home.

Good evening to all,

Well I am back home now from my great cruise vacation on the Harmony.

This morning I got up as we were entering into the channel

Here is Freedom going to T29

IMG_6615_zpsfqgdmrcl.jpg

IMG_6619_zpswxpbbzce.jpg

Here is a Princess ship

IMG_6616_zpsa2eh2wuf.jpg

Here is Carnival heading in

IMG_6617_zpsrppjnedf.jpg

IMG_6620_zpshfc5lt1h.jpg

Here is T18 which is Harmony's home

IMG_6621_zpsj1nomm2v.jpg

I went to breakfast before I headed off the ship. After breakfast I had to take my last bit of photos of the other ships in port.

Here is a shot of the Hyatt in FLL where they have the webcam at.

IMG_6623_zpsjhqbypfw.jpg

Here are the condo's where they have the other webcam at.

IMG_6625_zpsuftievo2.jpg

Here is a shot of Celebrity as they were returning from their 80's cruise.

IMG_6624_zpsofmh0euo.jpg

One last shot of Freedom at T29. I will be sailing Freedom next February on an 8-Day Eastern Caribbean.

IMG_6626_zps2gd3tifk.jpg

I tried to do the Mobil Passport but with no luck as it just kept saying that it could not process at the current moment and to go to the regular line. Maybee next time.

In terms of getting off the Harmony it was the easiest that I ever had. I left the room around 0700 and was at the car and gone by 0740. There was no line to get off and no line at customs. Also the shuttle was there waiting as well.

Once I got back into Central Florida I headed to the Ballfields for an umpire clinic and then home

IMG_6163_zpslj3v9ey8.jpg

Thanks for joining me on this great cruise. My next Live from will be from Serenade in December unless something comes up sooner.

See everyone in December on Serenade

IMG_4385_zpsrj0iznrs.jpg