Live From Harmony 2/11/2017

Ander026

I don't doubt that others had problems with the bands' date=' but for me the band worked very well. I had the premium package and was able to use the readers at the bars without any problems --- and it seems liked I patronized practically every bar on the ship at one time or another. :o Had to take the band off at the restaurants and theaters. The wait staff in the theaters often had a half dozen bands on their trays as they took orders, but I never had any problem; I'm pretty sure they get good at keeping track in some fashion. I really liked the ease of use, being able to get into a hot tub, etc., and not have to keep track of the sea pass card. Of course, YMMV.[/quote']

Agree, we used them and it did make things easier. I never saw anyone having a problem either. But like Paulette, I would like a slim line. I do like things that impact my wrist movement. That is why my watch has a slim face. It would be nice if they were more like the slim line fitbit.

I don't usually carry things at night and did love for that....the yellow one which I had may have clashed with my outfits, but I could care less. We had two different colored bands so we could tell who's was who's on the tabletop. I did not think to wear it over my watch, or I could have just left my watch in the cabin and looked at my Fitbit for the time; or they could put more clocks around the ship. I still would like a thinner design.....but love the concept!

The first week mine was black and Bill's was yellow - the following week the colors were reversed.

Agree, we used them and it did make things easier. I never saw anyone having a problem either. But like Paulette, I would like a slim line. I do like things that impact my wrist movement. That is why my watch has a slim face. It would be nice if they were more like the slim line fitbit.

The other thing that WILL BE nice as more ships have the technology is that you KEEP your WOW band and trade it in for a new one when you sail on another ship that has the technology. Besides Harmony I would imagine that only the newer ones to be coming out will have the technology....and hopefully as other ships go in for their 5 year refurb it will be added.

But it is a huge investment and the wonder is, if they will make it across the entire fleet.

With all of the Wow band discussion on this thread.

I got the Wow band and paid $4.99 to get and I thought is was well worth it. This allowed me to keep my Sea Pass in my wallet ready to go onshore in the ports in the safe. This Wow Band allowed me to make purchases to my Stateroom and allowed me in my Stateroom. This band acted just like the Magic Bands that we have at Disney.

The Wow band was able to get drinks and such at the Bar. This was also able to get me in my room.

I hope this gets to the other ships in the future. I wish they did not include the Muster Station on the current Wow Band as now you cannot use the current WOW Band for a new cruise. Hopefully you can trade our but have not tried that option.

Hopefully they will foreward this to the other ships in the future.

With all of the Wow band discussion on this thread..........

I hope this gets to the other ships in the future. I wish they did not include the Muster Station on the current Wow Band as now you cannot use the current WOW Band for a new cruise. Hopefully you can trade our but have not tried that option.

Hopefully they will foreward this to the other ships in the future.

As more ships have the technology for WOW bands, you will be able to 'trade in' the WOW band from a previous sailing to get the WOW band for the next sailing you go on that has the technology....nothing lost.

I understand why they have the muster station on the band, just like it is on the SeaPass card, to help staff quickly identify where someone needs to go, in an emergency that requires us to go to our stations.

We had the wristband option on Harmony 2 weeks ago but I wanted nothing to do with those ugly things. I locked mine up in the safe. There was no charge for them. They were waiting for us in our room when we got there.

I don't know how you would reuse them since they have your muster station printed on them.

We had the wristband option on Harmony 2 weeks ago but I wanted nothing to do with those ugly things. I locked mine up in the safe. There was no charge for them. They were waiting for us in our room when we got there.

I don't know how you would reuse them since they have your muster station printed on them.

I was wondering the same thing. But they might just exchange them out for new ones or reprogram them in some way.

We used our Universal Studios room key.

Our room attendant left us a card in our room. Was wedged in the door frame. Just a blank plastic card with an old wow band through the slot, I guess for identification. I asked her about it and she says she does it for her rooms. She was a great attendant.