Live From Harmony 2/11/2017

Ander026

A2 is the fitness center.. There is a map on line that I saw..

Great review! I'm enjoying your photos of a variety of places and your information.

I'm scheduled for my cruise on HOS April 29th on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. Looking forward to it, despite some mixed reviews about the ship.

You mentioned some great sea/ocean views on top of the pool deck/deck 16 (Is that is by lounger chairs there?),

the Solarium deck 14 (How do I access that?)

and by the Sports Deck. (Is that deck 15 aft??)

Do you know if there is an open air view/spot to take in the view of the wake of the ship at the aft end of deck 5/running track like there was on Oasis of the Seas?

Do you have any other neat spots to see/investigate on the ship?

Just curious if you know where Muster station AO2 is located?

Hope to glean some of your knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

Happy cruising.

My question to you is, does it feel like a straight-down drop? Or do the twists and turns make it more bearable? Do you think myself, a chicken who is afraid of big straight-down drops, will be able to enjoy it without panicking? .

I was on the same cruise and I'll give my impression of the Abyss. I'm pretty much scared of heights but it wasn't too bad up there. When you sit at the opening of the slide it's very dark in there. It drops a bit initially then it goes into it's turns. It's still pretty quick but I was slung back and forth pretty good going down. Very few lights in there and then it's over. It was quick and I did get an adrenalin rush. Once was enough for me though. Was no line at all when I went down.

Hey, Robert! I found you! Can't wait to read the entire thread. Thanks for your help with the Mobile Passport, it did work for us and at the time we were leaving the line there was MUCH shorter than the other one (around 8:30).

I went to breakfast before I headed off the ship. After breakfast I had to take my last bit of photos of the other ships in port.

Here is a shot of the Hyatt in FLL where they have the webcam at.

IMG_6623_zpsjhqbypfw.jpg

Here are the condo's where they have the other webcam at.

IMG_6625_zpsuftievo2.jpg

Here is a shot of Celebrity as they were returning from their 80's cruise.

IMG_6624_zpsofmh0euo.jpg

One last shot of Freedom at T29. I will be sailing Freedom next February on an 8-Day Eastern Caribbean.

IMG_6626_zps2gd3tifk.jpg

I tried to do the Mobil Passport but with no luck as it just kept saying that it could not process at the current moment and to go to the regular line. Maybee next time.

In terms of getting off the Harmony it was the easiest that I ever had. I left the room around 0700 and was at the car and gone by 0740. There was no line to get off and no line at customs. Also the shuttle was there waiting as well.

Once I got back into Central Florida I headed to the Ballfields for an umpire clinic and then home

IMG_6163_zpslj3v9ey8.jpg

Thanks for joining me on this great cruise. My next Live from will be from Serenade in December unless something comes up sooner.

See everyone in December on Serenade

IMG_4385_zpsrj0iznrs.jpg

I tried to do the Mobil Passport but with no luck as it just kept saying that it could not process at the current moment and to go to the regular line. Maybee next time.

In terms of getting off the Harmony it was the easiest that I ever had. I left the room around 0700 and was at the car and gone by 0740. There was no line to get off and no line at customs. Also the shuttle was there waiting as well.

Once I got back into Central Florida I headed to the Ballfields for an umpire clinic and then home

Thanks for joining me on this great cruise. My next Live from will be from Serenade in December unless something comes up sooner.

Thank you for taking as along. Great review and photos!

I had seen somewhere that they have wrist bands instead of cards. Is this true?

As Bob said, the wristbands are optional. The wrist bands work well on the ship for getting drinks, purchasing and reservations for the shows. They will not get you off the ship. You still need your sea pass card for getting on and off the ship. The ship has the technology, but the ports are not set up to use the wristbands.

Also another drawback is if you have the drink package you have to take them on and off as there is no little sticker on them.

As Bob said, the wristbands are optional. The wrist bands work well on the ship for getting drinks, purchasing and reservations for the shows. They will not get you off the ship. You still need your sea pass card for getting on and off the ship. The ship has the technology, but the ports are not set up to use the wristbands.

Also another drawback is if you have the drink package you have to take them on and off as there is no little sticker on them.

The drawback you mention could be resolved by having each bar attendant have a small reader to use....with so many WOW bands all looking the same (there are a few different colors), it could make it problematic if a bar attendant takes orders from several different people all in the same area -- with all the same looking WOW bands.

The drawback you mention could be resolved by having each bar attendant have a small reader to use....with so many WOW bands all looking the same (there are a few different colors), it could make it problematic if a bar attendant takes orders from several different people all in the same area -- with all the same looking WOW bands.

That maybe coming. I am sure they have something in the works.

There are several different colors and the only identification on them is your muster station. And even some of the scanners (used at muster) could not read all the bands. It took Bill three different scanners before his was read. His daughter Wendy and her husband's cards would not even read on any of them. Staff entered the information manually. Later when they returned to their cabin, they had a message that they did not attend the muster and needed to report to a "special" meeting. A visit to guest relations took care of that situation.

That maybe coming. I am sure they have something in the works.

There are several different colors and the only identification on them is your muster station. And even some of the scanners (used at muster) could not read all the bands. It took Bill three different scanners before his was read. His daughter Wendy and her husband's cards would not even read on any of them. Staff entered the information manually. Later when they returned to their cabin, they had a message that they did not attend the muster and needed to report to a "special" meeting. A visit to guest relations took care of that situation.

The WOW bands are a work in progress....for sure.

I also would like the design to change a little bit. Having it have the round 'face like' area with the Royal logo on it made it difficult to wear on the same wrist with my watch. I could not wear it on the other wrist since I have bracelets on it, which got in the way of it.

If the WOW band was designed more like a simple bangle bracelet, they could still implant the sensor they need, and put the Royal logo on it, and it would make it easier to wear with other items on. I love the concept of it, because at night I did not have to worry about having a pocket or wearing my sea pass card on a lanyard.

The WOW bands are a work in progress....for sure.

I also would like the design to change a little bit. Having it have the round 'face like' area with the Royal logo on it made it difficult to wear on the same wrist with my watch. I could not wear it on the other wrist since I have bracelets on it, which got in the way of it.

If the WOW band was designed more like a simple bangle bracelet, they could still implant the sensor they need, and put the Royal logo on it, and it would make it easier to wear with other items on. I love the concept of it, because at night I did not have to worry about having a pocket or wearing my sea pass card on a lanyard.

I agree about the size of the "face". I actually wore it over my watch. I like slim line watch faces and the round face" actually cut into my wrist. When I wore it over my watch, I could bend my wrist without it cutting into my wrist. Of course that had it's disadvantage as well. cold not tell what time it was without moving the band.

Bill gets to carry all my stuff at night. As I normally do not have pockets to carry things in. And those bands look really good with formal wear! :D

I agree about the size of the "face". I actually wore it over my watch. I like slim line watch faces and the round face" actually cut into my wrist. When I wore it over my watch, I could bend my wrist without it cutting into my wrist. Of course that had it's disadvantage as well. cold not tell what time it was without moving the band.

Bill gets to carry all my stuff at night. As I normally do not have pockets to carry things in. And those bands look really good with formal wear! :D

I don't usually carry things at night and did love for that....the yellow one which I had may have clashed with my outfits, but I could care less. We had two different colored bands so we could tell who's was who's on the tabletop. I did not think to wear it over my watch, or I could have just left my watch in the cabin and looked at my Fitbit for the time; or they could put more clocks around the ship. I still would like a thinner design.....but love the concept!

I don't doubt that others had problems with the bands, but for me the band worked very well. I had the premium package and was able to use the readers at the bars without any problems --- and it seems liked I patronized practically every bar on the ship at one time or another. :o Had to take the band off at the restaurants and theaters. The wait staff in the theaters often had a half dozen bands on their trays as they took orders, but I never had any problem; I'm pretty sure they get good at keeping track in some fashion. I really liked the ease of use, being able to get into a hot tub, etc., and not have to keep track of the sea pass card. Of course, YMMV.

I don't doubt that others had problems with the bands' date=' but for me the band worked very well. I had the premium package and was able to use the readers at the bars without any problems --- and it seems liked I patronized practically every bar on the ship at one time or another. :o Had to take the band off at the restaurants and theaters. The wait staff in the theaters often had a half dozen bands on their trays as they took orders, but I never had any problem; I'm pretty sure they get good at keeping track in some fashion. I really liked the ease of use, being able to get into a hot tub, etc., and not have to keep track of the sea pass card. Of course, YMMV.[/quote']

The bands worked just fine....but that doesn't mean the design or how it is handled onboard could not be improved. Although I seriously doubt there will be a design change. I did like them very much.