I was confused - Quantum Class vs Oasis Class

leela14

Don't they have Sorrentos pizza inside Cafe promenade? They did on Mariner.

Sorrento's wasn't "invented" until the Freedom class was built. With the Freedom class ships they added the second food venue to the Royal Promenade and moved the pizza there. It was a very good move for reducing crowding in the Cafe Promenade.

Sorrento's wasn't "invented" until the Freedom class was built. With the Freedom class ships they added the second food venue to the Royal Promenade and moved the pizza there. It was a very good move for reducing crowding in the Cafe Promenade.

I agree the stand alone venue started with the Freedom class ships. As far as the rest of it, I am going to leave it alone because it isn't worth going back and forth about.:)

I agree the stand alone venue started with the Freedom class ships. As far as the rest of it, I am going to leave it alone because it isn't worth going back and forth about.:)

I don't recall, but were the Sorrento's on Sovereign Class ships added after they appeared on Freedom?

Anthem was OK but the Oasis class is out of this world. The Esplanade on Anthem does not begin to compare to the Promenade on an Oasis class ship. The Promenade is much larger and airier. It also has the Rising tide bar in it and they have spectacular parades and shows in the Promenade. The Esplanade, by comparison, is cramped and crowded. Additionally, Oasis class has Central Park and Boardwalk with the Aqua Theater. Both are really beautiful open areas. Oasis class also has an ice-skating rink and show. The only problem with going on an Oasis class ship is that it will spoil you for all the other classes.

Disagree....

Being on Harmony for my last 27 cruise nights has made me appreciate the smaller classes much more. I guess what really turns me off is not seeing the ocean once I leave my ocean balcony.....no windows to the outside unless we are on top. Also Harmony feels very impersonal.....

Sad the Royal is gradually selling their smaller ships....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Disagree....

Being on Harmony for my last 27 cruise nights has made me appreciate the smaller classes much more. I guess what really turns me off is not seeing the ocean once I leave my ocean balcony.....no windows to the outside unless we are on top. Also Harmony feels very impersonal.....

Sad the Royal is gradually selling their smaller ships....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

To each their own. But Anthem is also not a small ship by any stretch of the imagination. And the OP specifically mentioned that they like the Promenade.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I liked the Oasis, and LOVED the Anthem. loved all of the nooks and cranny where you could just relax, curl up with a book, it never felt crowded, as long as you avoided the frenzy on the esplanade when there was a sale, just a cool and a great design.