Carnival ending 3 port cruises from Jax

skyeman27

That is too bad, I am on the April 3rd to the 3 Bahama ports and was really glad to be able to hit all 3 in the Bahamas. Have taken lad vacations to Nassau and Freeport in the past and to be able to visit all 3 in 5 days is a real plus especially since the Elation does not have all the newer amenities that so many people enjoy. Guess I will just enjoy that I get to enjoy them all this last time.

Looks like Carnival will end 3 port (Nassau, Freeport, HMC) cruises from Jacksonville. Last one will be April 22...

Does this mean 5 day cruises will feature an extra sea day instead of port day? That would be very frustrating. You can never help but wonder if it is a profit maximizing scenario by keeping people on board instead of a port of call.

I am on the April 22 sailing out of JAX. Hopefully it makes it to HMC.

Were the 3 port cruises bookable after April 22 and Carnival is cancelling the 3rd port or they were not bookable? That will be a bummer if it was bookable and Carnival cancelled it. I would not be happy if they cut HMC.

I am on the April 22 sailing out of JAX. Hopefully it makes it to HMC.

Were the 3 port cruises bookable after April 22 and Carnival is cancelling the 3rd port or they were not bookable? That will be a bummer if it was bookable and Carnival cancelled it. I would not be happy if they cut HMC.

Carnival is not offering 3 ports out of Jacksonville after the April 22 cruise. Hope this will mean lower fares for the 5 night cruises but I think not, I would rather pay a bit more for 3 ports but will not get that option. Wish I knew Carnivals reasoning...

I am on the 20 May 5 day and the ports are Nassau and "Princess Cay" which I thought was interesting. I know the corporation owns it but carnival ships don't normally go there. At least I didn't think so.

Carnival is just starting to go to Princess Cays. Never understood why they didnt go more often as it was empty during the winter months

Carnival is just starting to go to Princess Cays. Never understood why they didnt go more often as it was empty during the winter months

I would have thought it would have been empty in the summer months when Princess hardly has any Caribbean cruises running.

Call me crazy but I'd rather have 2 ports and 2 sea days on a 5 night itinerary

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got back from the Elation 5 day 3 ports and I can definitely say I would have preferred a 2nd sea day to stopping at Freeport. Unless you've got an excursion booked, there really isn't much to do there in the port area.

Call me crazy but I'd rather have 2 ports and 2 sea days on a 5 night itinerary

OK. You're crazy.

(I don't really think so but since you asked me to, I figured I'd go along!)

actually I would prefer 3 ports, especially if one of them is a port I don't care about- that way I can spend the day on the ship without all the crowds! It's like a sea day, but without all the crazies cutting in line in front of me! Smart, right??? :D

8/31/2017 - 9/27/2017 I believe they are adding Red Frog bar, Guys Burgers, and Blue Iguana Cantina

I have a group consultant (because I'm getting married on the November 9th sailing) and I've asked her what specifics are going to happen during the dry dock. She said they didn't have an official list yet but I bet you're right. I hope they do some renovations/updates to the ship's style too.