black and White cookies are back on Eclipse

cruisestitch

Couldn't help it........

The key to eating a black and white cookie, Elaine, is you want to get some black and some white in each bite. Nothing mixes better than vanilla and chocolate. And yet, still, somehow racial harmony eludes us.

Couldn't help it........

The key to eating a black and white cookie, Elaine, is you want to get some black and some white in each bite. Nothing mixes better than vanilla and chocolate. And yet, still, somehow racial harmony eludes us.

For those who don't get the reference.

[Look to the cookie](

)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Well they may be back, but :

1. They are MUCH smaller than i remember them being.

2. They dont taste as good.

3. You have to purchase a drink to be able to ask for one.....drink packages dont count.

3. Suite passengers can have as many as they want...and they look so smug carrying their plates to Michaels Club!

Some, or all, of the above statements have not been "fact checked"

Sorry folks. Even though I like these cookies myself, they are a black and white in name only. A true New York (or New Jersey) black and white cookie is cakey under the icing. The cookies on Celebrity are a shortbread cookie with Black and white icing. Still glad they may be making comeback. Also, I have never seen anyone turned away for a dessert at Café al Bacio if they were not purchasing something.

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry folks. Even though I like these cookies myself, they are a black and white in name only. A true New York (or New Jersey) black and white cookie is cakey under the icing. The cookies on Celebrity are a shortbread cookie with Black and white icing.

Yes, true black and whites are cakey. Putting that aside, I've tried Celebrity's version on several ships and been very disappointed, even with my sweet tooth.

Please, can someone send me the real thing from Zaro's, I need a fix! ;p

Sorry folks. Even though I like these cookies myself, they are a black and white in name only. A true New York (or New Jersey) black and white cookie is cakey under the icing. The cookies on Celebrity are a shortbread cookie with Black and white icing. Still glad they may be making comeback. Also, I have never seen anyone turned away for a dessert at Café al Bacio if they were not purchasing something.

Totally agree. If you know what this cookie is supposed to be like and taste like, doubtful that you would make it through a whole cookie. We didn't. Thankfully we were going to be docked in the City and got the real thing.

The Equinox Mardi Gras sailing (2/19 - 3/3) had black and white cookies on 2 different days and they were delicious. They were like they used to be...big and cake like...when we sailed on the Century. You had to be fast to get them as they made only one tray each time and they went fast!

We had the black and white cookies at the buffet on the Reflection (January 28 sailing). I only saw them one day when they had a special New York City section of the buffet. Of course I had one and it was good. I didn't see the black and white cookies at the Cafe al Bacio that week or during our 2 week sailing on the Eclipse (January 8).

I buy black and white cookies from BJ's near our house in NJ. They are smaller than the ones on Celebrity, but they are delicious - icing over a cake like cookie.