Two70 (first timer) on Anthem of the Seas

slyster

I will be going on our cruise with our first Two70 on board. We are experienced cruisers. If I understand correctly, Two70 transforms throughout the day/evening, but can someone explain the day and/or evening activities? Are there shows or some kind of live entertainment each night (or day)? Do you have to reserve something in order to attend or is it first come, first serve?

Just trying to get the idea of what Two70 is for during an entire cruise. I'm wondering if each evening, you will have the option to go to a show in the theater AND a show or some kind of entertainment in Two70. I wasn't sure how large Two70 was either so I'm not sure if seating is hard to come by.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't recall much happening there in the day. You can sit in there to eat if you want (food is in the adjacent cafe). They did have Catholic mass in there for Easter last year during the day too.

At night Spectra's Cabaret is performed in Two70. Reserve tickets in advance online if you want a good seat. If not you get the leftover seats. It is large but seats go fast.

Sometimes there are video concerts playing on the aft screens. If there's anything special going on, it'll be in the daily schedule (I can't believe I forgot the name! ☺. Compass?).

Otherwise, it's just a nice place to sit, relax, read. DH and I would sometimes play cards at one of the small cocktail tables. The library on the floor above is quite nice, too--the game room is there as well. We didn't see it on Anthem, but did get to watch rehearsals for the show on Quantum. It was pretty cool!

And look at the view!!

You will want to get there early for any shows. While there is lots of seating, not every seat is a good one.

Anthem is a beautiful ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I felt it was very under used.

For morning and lunch the adjacent 270 cafe is open. You take the food into 270 to eat it. There are tables.

During the day the windows are open, so if you like to sit and read, knit etc, great.

At night theres one real show - Spectras cabaret. You need a reservation. I highly recommend it. But get a good seat, many are terrible.

During my cruise there was a game show, I forgot what it was called, where people run on stage to bring items for points. No reservation needed. There was also a club night (red) and a New years eve party (even though it had been 2 weeks since).

On every other night there were "visteramas" or projection shows.

Early on in the cruise there is an exhibition of the technology with sample visteramas.

You will need to reserve the Spectra show. Do it on-line before you leave, and the sooner the better.

The best thing about the 270 Cafe is going there to get out of the crowds when you first board for some tasty food.:D

They also show videos on the robotic screens a couple of afternoons during the cruise. Lasts about 15 minutes or so, but is kind of intriguing to watch if you happen to be there. Sometimes they will have port lectures there during the day as well.

When we were on the Quantum the chefs put on a cooking show, which was very good, with free samples brought out to the audience. One of my favorite places on the ship. The shows in 270 were fantastic!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At night theres one real show - Spectras cabaret. You need a reservation. I highly recommend it. But get a good seat, many are terrible.

I had a look at a couple of cruise compass and I noticed that they run Spectra Cabaret on a number of nights. Are they all the same show or different acts?

I had a look at a couple of cruise compass and I noticed that they run Spectra Cabaret on a number of nights. Are they all the same show or different acts?

Spectra's Cabaret is the same show, just shown on multiple nights so more people have a chance to see it.

Edited by Dina7

The Top Tier is often held in Two70 and I've seen Tribute Bands play there, it's a beautiful room.

Linda is correct - a beautiful room - on a beautiful ship. Many like to do sail away from there as the room has floor to ceiling windows. The "panel" and "robotic" presentations are wonderful. One evening when Spectra's was not being performed they used Two 70 for "Dancing with the Stripes" (a take off on "Dancing with the Stars"). I won. (I had a great crew dance partner!) Two 70 is also a great place to wait for staterooms to open on Embarkation Day. Grab some food next door at Cafe 270...We have plans to be back on the Anthem Dec 30 - New Year's Eve cruise.

At night Spectra's Cabaret is performed in Two70. Reserve tickets in advance online if you want a good seat.

Do you mean when you reserve in advance you are assigned a seat?

Or just that you can go in a bit earlier to grab better seats if you have a reservation?

Do you mean when you reserve in advance you are assigned a seat?

Or just that you can go in a bit earlier to grab better seats if you have a reservation?

There's no assigned seating. Some people go to the venue 30-45 mins. before showtime for a good seat.

Linda is correct - a beautiful room - on a beautiful ship. Many like to do sail away from there as the room has floor to ceiling windows. The "panel" and "robotic" presentations are wonderful. One evening when Spectra's was not being performed they used Two 70 for "Dancing with the Stripes" (a take off on "Dancing with the Stars"). I won. (I had a great crew dance partner!) Two 70 is also a great place to wait for staterooms to open on Embarkation Day. Grab some food next door at Cafe 270...We have plans to be back on the Anthem Dec 30 - New Year's Eve cruise.

Cheryl, congrats. on winning :) Are you doing a B2B, we're on the sailing after yours.

Oh I didn't realize there wasn't much happening in the evenings except for spectra. I do remember hearing about the music hall having live music entertainment in the evenings so we may check that out too.

Thanks for giving me a clear picture. It wasn't what I originally imagined.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh I didn't realize there wasn't much happening in the evenings except for spectra. I do remember hearing about the music hall having live music entertainment in the evenings so we may check that out too.

There's a lot happening at night all over the ship. Some nights we go from one venue to another and on other nights, there's so much happening at the same time that we just can't attend :(

If there wasn't anything that we were interested in doing at night (no show or we'd made our nightly contribution to the ship-building fund), we'd just go hang out in Two70 and watch the vistarama on the screens.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I figured there would be lots to do on board. We have never found ourselves to be bored. I think I expected more night entertainment in Two70. Sounds like a great day hang out spot and I will be going to see spectra. I'm looking forward to that. I'm also excited about checking out the Music Hall :)

I figured there would be lots to do on board. We have never found ourselves to be bored. I think I expected more night entertainment in Two70. Sounds like a great day hang out spot and I will be going to see spectra. I'm looking forward to that. I'm also excited about checking out the Music Hall :)

We personally did not care for Spectra, a bit too weird for us, but if you get a second floor seat, you have a better view for the aerials.

Other night time entertainment include the nightly theatre shows, Bolero's, The Music Hall was mentioned, Some parties in Sea Plex and the upper adults only club, can't remember the name, but like the Viking Crown, Schooners, and of course people watching in the 2 story Esplanade, throw in a deck party or two, and you can never be bored!!

They have the Spectre's show a few nights a week, they may have 'virtual' shows, big band sound type music, they use it for the Silent Disco, there is also a wonderful bar there....I wouldn't describe it as 'nothing happening'.

It is just a wonderful place to sit and look at the sea. During the day they may put on impromptu shows using the Video Screen which are fun...especially the 60's style one about the burglar! Very clever.

image-M.jpg

image-M.jpg

image-M.jpg

the silent disco

image-M.jpg