Bringing snacks on board

archer_310

It seems bizarre to bring snacks when they're forever shoving food at you on a cruise! but as someone mentioned, if you're leaving the ship it's a good idea to have snacks with you. DH is diabetic and gets really cranky when his blood sugar is low so I always have snacks with me off the ship.

Also, if you have little ones who are used to certain snacks, it's sometimes a good idea to bring what they're used to...

It seems bizarre to bring snacks when they're forever shoving food at you on a cruise!

i will be nice to get potato chips, pretzels and other goodies at the lido if they offer them. The only thing close i seen was those potato sticks things at the burger joint.

Another Carnival newbie question. Are we allowed to bring snacks on board with us at embarkation? Things I'm talking about are chips, candies, etc.

hi Archer

You would be allowed to bring these sorts of things onboard at any of your stops as well.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Another Carnival newbie question. Are we allowed to bring snacks on board with us at embarkation? Things I'm talking about are chips, candies, etc.

I'm also curious about the types of snacks -- can we bring something like a jar of olives? We're thinking of getting a Bon Voyage package with vodka and bloody mary mix, and wondering if it's ok to bring on garnishes.

Yep. It just has to be sealed. So no fruit or open bags of chips. We brought a box of granola bars and some peanut butter cracker sandwiches on our cruise a few weeks ago with no problem.

Further to the "sealed" quote above. We have a store here in Canada called The Bulk Barn. You fill plastic bags with items and then use a twist-tie to "seal" the bag. There are some bulk items that we would like to bring (i.e. chocolate eggies, etc.). We've had no issues with Disney cruises. Would this be a no-no with Carnival as the bag is not technically "sealed"?

We always stop at Buc-ee's (a local gas station chain) at some point during the drive down and pick up a bag of Beaver Nuggets (which do not contain any beaver whatsoever LOL) to take onboard with us. :)

In-laws are from Tx and when we go there if we get a chance we love to go to Buc-ee's and I love the Beaver Nuggets. Can go thru a whole bag in no time.

I'm also curious about the types of snacks -- can we bring something like a jar of olives? We're thinking of getting a Bon Voyage package with vodka and bloody mary mix, and wondering if it's ok to bring on garnishes.

You can go to any bar and ask them to put garnishes, olives, limes, etc, in a cup and take back to your cabin. I always bring boxes of cereal from breakfast buffet on excursions as a snack. And yes, Guy's Burgers has those potato sticks! :)

DD has a peanut allergy so we bring sealed snacks to take off ship with us in ports. It can be scary buying food for her in the ports.

We've been using allergy cards. She has had no issues in restaurants in Italy or Mexico.

Also a diabetic, so having something if needed is great. I have ordered PB&J and chips with a banana from room service and brought extra baggies to take on shore excursions.

DO NOT TAKE FOOD OFF THE SHIP! Except commercially prepared prepackaged foods.

Ecosystem distraction is very real and is a pain to live thru.

We lived thru the Med Fruit Fly infestation of Southern California in the '80s-'90s. They resorted to crop dusting whole cities with Malathion. Had to wrap up everything outdoors, including cars and Jungle Gyms. Couldn't use the AC or whole house fan. Windows had to stay shut. In the summer, in Southern California.

Many ports have AG dogs and others hand search your bags.