OPT Sydney - Ship of the Day (Pictorial)

Shireboi, I am so thankful you have a job in this building:D, I look will forward to your photos to brighten my day!!!

Is it near the Quay West Suites? it looks like the view we had when we stayed there. In between Four Seasons and Shangrila

1ac09cc89a9ea64b6d4a4b71e3260b28.jpg Bit of a Carnival thing in Sydney over the next 2 days - Legend today (Thurs 23 Feb) and Spirit on Friday (appropriate name for afterwork drinks !)

And there is a musty old persons smell in over the weekend.... :). Cunards...... roll out the tuxedo... Mary 2 and Elizabeth.

(edit : best shots are later in the day .... around 4pm. when the sun is on the western side of the ship.... however out of the office for most of the day)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by shireboi

1ac09cc89a9ea64b6d4a4b71e3260b28.jpg Bit of a Carnival thing in Sydney over the next 2 days - Legend today (Thurs 23 Feb) and Spirit on Friday (appropriate name for afterwork drinks !)And there is a musty old persons smell in over the weekend.... :). Cunards...... roll out the tuxedo... Mary 2 and Elizabeth.

(edit : best shots are later in the day .... around 4pm. when the sun is on the western side of the ship.... however out of the office for most of the day)

Hey.... I'm not that old.

By the way Cunard are offering a free cruise for the best shot of the two queens.

1ac09cc89a9ea64b6d4a4b71e3260b28.jpg Bit of a Carnival thing in Sydney over the next 2 days - Legend today (Thurs 23 Feb) and Spirit on Friday (appropriate name for afterwork drinks !)And there is a musty old persons smell in over the weekend.... :). Cunards...... roll out the tuxedo... Mary 2 and Elizabeth.

Cheers, thanks for the Pick.

BTW, you had better put a jacket on if you plan on taking a photo of those Cunards, or it will be an offence.:p

You were dead right on this, the difference between the two shots are like chalk and cheese.

Cheers, not sure about the naming conventions with quite a few of the lines, quite a few repeats and duplication of names as well.

No I meant that it's very poor - compared to the RC fleet (well Ovation was the exception - its name was massive). The Spirit writing / location seems to be an afterthought.

Anyway got a 4pm depart again today - a few more pics in a few hrs

No I meant that it's very poor - compared to the RC fleet (well Ovation was the exception - its name was massive). The Spirit writing / location seems to be an afterthought.

Maybe they are trying to keep it quiet in case the ship breaks down :p

Thanks for the photos - you must have a good telephoto.

e9066816dfbbed464752e21bd0f3a2ad.jpg

Fri 24 Feb 2017

George St being destroyed for the Light Rail - expensive $$$$$$ project with few benefits

I think the brown building to the left is the Quay West Suites......great views from there!! (edit to say, it is the Four Seasons!! Quay West next to it then Shangrila)

Thanks for the Spirit pics, 2 weeks today we will be at sea seas cruising around to no where:')

Poor George st

Edited by cheznandy

I think the brown building to the left is the Quay West Suites......great views from there!! (edit to say, it is the Four Seasons!! Quay West next to it then Shangrila)

Thanks for the Spirit pics, 2 weeks today we will be at sea seas cruising around to no where:')

Poor George st

Yes it is the Four Seasons Hotel.

Quay West is behind in Harrington st. Yes great views.

Yes it is the Four Seasons Hotel.

Quay West is behind in Harrington st. Yes great views.

Realised when I looked at George street.....all those buildings are ugly brown!!

Great views from those 3 hotels of Circular Quay, the Opera House and the bridge.

One of the slowest departures - out of OPT took a long while get out !!

Anyway Spirit is out for a drinks weekend :) LOL

Oh and they are just iPad pics - just grab it - no one cares that I'm taking them - they're used to it !!

e4d6ddd2f4b12f51cc7e278181eeee08.jpg

dc47593dc4240e4ef7ed8c898e1828eb.jpg

Great pics, don't mind Carnival Spirit, did 30 days on her in 2005, Hawaii, then to Vancouver and the Inside Passage-Alaska. She had none of that kids stuff up top back then.

Now QM2 is on her way to the OPT.:cool: