Oceanview, gratuties and Classic drink package included for 114$ per day per person?

travellerin1984

That appears to be about right for the cabin and region. Of course, you can always book now and periodically check the fare. If it drops, you can adjust any time up until the final payment deadline. If you book directly with Celebrity, they do NOT charge change or cancellation fees (before the final payment deadline, that is).

Hi!

I am looking at Millenium 14 nights cruise next January Hong Kong-Singapore. The price for Oceanview is 114$ per day per person, drink package and gratuties included. You bargainhunters, do you consider that as a good deal or should I wait?

We always use £100 p.p.p day as our benchmark. As it also includes drinks, it's a good deal.

If you book within the UK there's not the same flexibility to adjust the price/ or cancel without penalty, but you don't say where you are from.

Read the recent reviews, since the ship got to Asia last September. Less than impressive but I am booked in the bilge for the Sept. TPAC crossing. US$54/day inc tax & tips but no drinks

We had a great cruise on Millie over Christmas and NY completing a sailing from HK to Singapore :). Booked via our US TA, but our particular cabin price never fell lower than our initial price c/w perks ;).

We live in Nothern Europe but I follow both British, Scandinavian and American travel agents. When you book through Us travel agent you always have the problem with the exchange rate. You never know how much the cruise is going to cost because of the exchange rates. Especially when you book a year before. I am looking at a Scandinavian travel agent but I know I am not allowed to cancel without a cancellation fee. Thats why I am more thinking "is this a good price or should I wait."

What is your pricepoint when the drink package is included? What is a "normal" price per night for example for a long Caribbean cruise? I know Asian cruises might not be as popular as the Caribbean cruises and the ships (Constellation and Millenium...) are older...

As someone in similar position to OP I am also interested what would be a good benchmark for a longer Caribbean cruise. My impression is that the solstice class has higher pricing than the older ships?

What with currency fluctuations, differing promotions and terms and conditions it's not always easy to compare US, Euro and UK pricing.. But re the value of a drinks package, the question is what would you likely spend on drinks on board if you did not have a package? For me, a good rough guide would be about $30 per day. Hope this helps.

I think that sounds like a good deal. Keep in mind that the 2 perks comes and goes. When we booked out Hawaii cruise (for April 2018) last year we only got 1 perk in a balcony. So that would work out to only $100 per day per person when you factor in the free gratuities that you normally wouldn't get.

We would rebook ours except prices have risen. As long as you are booking through a US booking you can always re-evaluate later if it goes back to 1 perk on whether or not the new price is worth losing the gratuities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For our next 10 day's on the Equinox ABC sailing in Nov, we paid $173 pd pp, with the Go Best for our 1A on the angle. It is now up to $274 pd pp. for the 2B with half the amount of OBC!

If the $114 fits your budget, book.

Edited by wallie5446

What is your pricepoint when the drink package is included? What is a "normal" price per night for example for a long Caribbean cruise? I know Asian cruises might not be as popular as the Caribbean cruises and the ships (Constellation and Millenium...) are older...

It's very difficult to answer this question because there are so many variables. In trying to you'd be comparing apples to oranges.

The Caribbean is the cheapest region in the world to cruise because of the amount of competition from competing lines. It's also a popular destination with the mega ships so there's a lot of availability.

Asia is possibly the second cheapest region to cruise. At least as far as Celebrity seems to be concerned. Compared to Baltic and Med cruises Asian itineraries to offer great value.

If I were in your position and thought that it offered a good deal I'd book using a US travel agent and pay in full. Therefore as long as you take the cruise you don't have to worry about fluctuating exchange rates. You can also rebook if the price does drop before final payment date.

As someone in similar position to OP I am also interested what would be a good benchmark for a longer Caribbean cruise. My impression is that the solstice class has higher pricing than the older ships?

What with currency fluctuations, differing promotions and terms and conditions it's not always easy to compare US, Euro and UK pricing.. But re the value of a drinks package, the question is what would you likely spend on drinks on board if you did not have a package? For me, a good rough guide would be about $30 per day. Hope this helps.

You could decide to manage the currency fluctuation uncertainty of a US booking by partial or full hedging through the purchase of US dollars at the time of booking.

I agree that you need to estimate your own personal value of a drink package. For me: a morning latte, an afternoon cocktail, two glasses of wine with dinner and a cappuccino with dessert adds up to a little over $40 per person per day (including gratuities.)

In comparison, you need to determine the true cost of the beverage package perk. On a recent booking of an 11-night Caribbean cruise, the difference between the fare with two perks ($150 OBC and the Classic Beverage Package) and the fare without any perks was $350 per person. Subtracting out the OBC, the true cost of the Classic Beverage Package was $200 per person or only $18.18 per person per day!

Thus the true cost was less than half of our estimated personal value.

You could decide to manage the currency fluctuation uncertainty of a US booking by partial or full hedging through the purchase of US dollars at the time of booking.

I agree that you need to estimate your own personal value of a drink package. For me: a morning latte, an afternoon cocktail, two glasses of wine with dinner and a cappuccino with dessert adds up to a little over $40 per person per day (including gratuities.)

In comparison, you need to determine the true cost of the beverage package perk. On a recent booking of an 11-night Caribbean cruise, the difference between the fare with two perks ($150 OBC and the Classic Beverage Package) and the fare without any perks was $350 per person. Subtracting out the OBC, the true cost of the Classic Beverage Package was $200 per person or only $18.18 per person per day!

Thus the true cost was less than half of our estimated personal value.

Agree, the value of the beverage package is different to different people: one needs to evaluate on their own personal circumstances.

Usually, booking in the US provides the most flexibility. Yes, you have to work around the exchange rates, but you can also cancel up to final payment date without penalty and then book in Europe if the deal is 'better' ;).