Pharmacies Abroad

firecrewcapt

Sorry about the ?? marks in the above post, but despite editing, the Pound and Euro signs still insist on appearing as question marks.

Trying again: ???? and ???

I'll try the problem page. :)

Edited by jocap
? and ?

Some friends b ought T3 in Quebec City without a prescription. She simply wnrt to the pharmac y counter, asked for the nuumb er ofttablets she wanted and bought them.

Yup, it might be true in Quebec, but not in BC......different provinces, like different states, can have different rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some friends b ought T3 in Quebec City without a prescription. She simply wnrt to the pharmac y counter, asked for the nuumb er ofttablets she wanted and bought them.

First of all, your post stated "in Canada" which implies All Of Canada coast to coast to coast - again , completely and totally WRONG.. Secondly, codeine is classified as a narcotic in Canada and as such, is a federally controlled substance.

Having said that, I also know from personal experience that it is possible to obtain T3 (and probably other substances) from a pharmacy when a person runs out on a visit to a different town or province, but it does require a phone call to your home pharmacist ( which you may have to or not have to pay for), in order to confirm that you have a valid prescription for. Anecdotal evidence aside, I guess it is possible that a sympathetic pharmacist might decide to "bend the rules" a little for a visitor in distress, but I wouldn't count on it happening !

And incidentally, here in B.C. currently there is a big push on to severely limit the quantity of narcotic pills , including T3, that doctors are allowed to prescribe, due to the alarming number of the narcotics that are finding there way on to the streets. Again, I speak from personal experience as a result of my required treatment for arthritis pain remediation.

...VTX-Al

No, it is not completely i ncorrect for Eastern Canada .Some friends b ought T3 in Quebec City without a prescription. She simply went to the pharmac y counter, asked for the nuum er ttablets she wanted and bought them.

Are you sure it wasn't T1s?

In Ontario, T1's are over the counter, T3s are prescription.

Yes, I think you have just as much of a chance of getting counterfeit meds in this country as you do in Mexico. The problems occur higher up the supply chain, not at the store level, and it is just as likely to happen in the US as anywhere else. I can't understand why people think that the drug supply is any more tainted outside of this country than it is in this country. Large numbers of drugs sold in the US are not even manufactured in the US.

OK, so you do really believe it.

I was born in BC, grew up in BC and maintain a home in BC. Except for the three years we moved back to BC, I have never gone to a doctor there as an adult. I have never had a prescription.

One day I was out of neosporine so we stopped at a local pharmacy to get some. I was looking on the shelves and the pharmacist walked up to me and asked if he could help me. Told him what I was looking for. HE told me I needed a prescription. I could buy polysporin over the counter if I wanted it.

Every time I go to Canada - every single time - I buy cough medicine, I buy generic Tylenol with codeine and I buy Robaxacet8. ALL from the pharmacist and all without a prescription. Just like the guy in line ahead of me and behind me. I buy it from SaveOn, Costco, Safeway etc. I get the 200 count bottles and the large bottle of cough medicine.

I'm too lazy to walk downstairs to get the other bottles but what I have here in my bedroom: Calmylin with codeine. One teaspoon has 3.3 mg of codeine phosphate. My generic Tylenol equivalent of a 222 has 8 mg of coedine. My Robaxacet-8 has 8 mg of codeine.

I grew up in North Vancouver, lived in North Van when we moved back and have a home in White Rock.

The pharmacy is allowed to sell each adult 2 bottles of any combination to take back across the border. Maybe you should make a stop at your local pharmacy and check out the way I have bought my drugs legally for about 50 years.

It certainly sounds like I need to make a run to a doctor next time I'm up there and get a prescription for a new Epi-pen though.

Yup, it might be true in Quebec, but not in BC......different provinces, like different states, can have different rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No "Might be true" a bout it. That is what happened twice in Quebec City and Yes, you are corect that each of our states have individuual rules. In MA we cannot buy meclizine withott a RX, Many states sell it without a RX. What is funny is in MA, we can b uy bonine OTC and I think it is very close to the same ingredients.

Hi there

We have lived both in Quebec and Ontario...you can only get Tylenol 1 in both provinces without a prescription, Lenoltec (generic) both with acetaminophen. You do have to ask the pharmacist for it. Also 222's or AC&C (generic) with ASA. Containing 8mg. codeine.

No "Might be true" a bout it. That is what happened twice in Quebec City and Yes, you are corect that each of our states have individuual rules. In MA we cannot buy meclizine withott a RX, Many states sell it without a RX. What is funny is in MA, we can b uy bonine OTC and I think it is very close to the same ingredients.

Either both those pharmacists were breaking the law, your friend had a prescription, or they actually bought T1s.

As mentioned above, Codeine is a Schedule 1 Narcotic in Canada. See Section 36.1 of Narcotic Control Regulations. The limit for pharmacists to sell OTC without a prescription in ANY province or territory is no more than Federal law allows, which is 8mg Codeine Phosphate per tablet. That's the exact spec of a Tylenol 1 - T3s contain 30mg and most definitely cannot be provided OTC on on shelves.

A few years ago, I bought Retin-A over the counter at the Wal-Mart in Cabo San Lucas when we stayed there. I thought it might be less likely to be counterfeit there - but who knows? I am tempted to get some again (when we are in port for our next cruise) as I think I paid $234 for my last tube of Renova. My husband's doctor actually recommended checking with a Canadian pharmacy for a medication not covered by our insurance.

• 3 weeks later...
they are 20 euros in Italy. Not sure if you need a prescription.

Try CVS. I have to buy epi pens yearly as a requirement for my allergy shots, which I give to myself. I have never used them, but when they expire am required to buy more.

Regular price: around $600; with my co-pay: around $300. At CVS: $109 for a generic brand. My insurance wouldn't allow generic. The only downside is that it doesn't go toward my deductible, and since I take only one other prescription, it takes a little bit longer to reach that.

Also, we buy many prescriptions in Mexico at a border town near McAllen. Recently spent $629 there. My husband's diabetic medication would be $2700 with our insurance here for a year; under $500 from Mexico.

I also have bought Retin-A and Renova there for many years. This little town mostly exists to service retired people with pharmacies and dentists! Have never has a problem.