Stockholder OBC extended

caribill

The CCL Corp stockholder OBC benefit has been extended to cover sailings through July 31, 2018.

This benefit is usually extended at this time every year.

For details, go to http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit and click on the shareholder benefit link.

I'm looking forward to purchasing some stock, when I retire next March.....:):):)

Bob

Does it matter if you buy the shares in a single purchase or can you buy them overtime in several smaller purchases to make up the 100 shares. Right now 100 shares is roughly $5,600 USD or $7,340 CDN when the exchange rate is considered. I know there is a purchasing fee, but being able to buy ... lets say 10 shares a month over 10 months with cash is a lot easier on the mind then going in debt $7,300 CDN and having to pay interest on it which is more then the purchase fee. Then when showing proof would I have 10 receipts to mail in or would they add the receipts together to show my total?

Does it matter if you buy the shares in a single purchase or can you buy them overtime in several smaller purchases to make up the 100 shares. Right now 100 shares is roughly $5,600 USD or $7,340 CDN when the exchange rate is considered. I know there is a purchasing fee, but being able to buy ... lets say 10 shares a month over 10 months with cash is a lot easier on the mind then going in debt $7,300 CDN and having to pay interest on it which is more then the purchase fee. Then when showing proof would I have 10 receipts to mail in or would they add the receipts together to show my total?

You would just send in a current statement which would show that you have at least 100 shares total.

Here's a link to the form with the 2017 expiration date.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=388078&d=1466095327

It's not required to use the form but it does explain the procedure. By June they've added added the new "expiration date" but will happily accept the form with any expiration date. It ensures receiving accurate applications so they can quickly issue our OBC after final payment.

You would only have to show 10 receipts if you purchased in 10 different brokerage accounts. If you purchased in a single brokerage account, then you would receive a single statement showing your holdings. I receive quarterly statements if there are no transactions or monthly statements for any month with a transaction - your account may be different.

You have to wait until after final payment, and I believe it has to be submitted at least two weeks prior to your cruise sailing date. Unfortunately, you can't email your request. It has to be sent via regular mail or fax. It is a great benefit!

You don't have to wait until after final payment. They just want a statement dated within 90 days of sailing date.

We were lucky enough to buy our 100 shares back in early 2009 near the stock low point. This has become a much used perk among pax who concentrate their sailings on CCL Corp. I would hate to see the uprising if they did not extend the perk each year. So it was nice to hear they extended it again (how many times now?) for another year. Thanks for posting. Our annual return on the stock in the form of OBCs and quarterly dividend has been really good not to mention the very increased value of the stock.

Great news and absolutely the right decision by the board. Always a good idea to support the product that you use and love - and even better when that product gives something back as a thank you for being a stakeholder. Love the non-taxable dividend we get every time we board our ship and we have personally gotten over 10 others to buy into CCL.

Bought a hundred shares last Autumn, now worth £1000 more, had first dividend, first obc in April so all good

Not long to wait for next dividend. Will be paid on 17 March at $0.35 per share. U.K. Holders will be paid in sterling at exchange rate on 1 March.

Brian

• 6 months later...
You have to wait until after final payment, and I believe it has to be submitted at least two weeks prior to your cruise sailing date. Unfortunately, you can't email your request. It has to be sent via regular mail or fax. It is a great benefit!

On another Princess thread, someone has posted an email address that you can use to submit the form or proof:

"Email your info to guestadmin@carnival.com"

I will give it a try in a few months when I submit.

On another Princess thread, someone has posted an email address that you can use to submit the form or proof:

"Email your info to guestadmin@carnival.com"

I will give it a try in a few months when I submit.

At one time several years ago Princess would accept emailed stock OBC requests and I used it. However they discontinued accepting requests via email. You now have to fax or snail mail your request. It will be interesting if you are successful in emailing the request.

At one time several years ago Princess would accept emailed stock OBC requests and I used it. However they discontinued accepting requests via email. You now have to fax or snail mail your request. It will be interesting if you are successful in emailing the request.

I received in January. Request was emailed.