Did Carnival start the Glory drydock too early?

LMaxwell

I'm with you. I'm happy about the $200 for no slides. I didn't even know they were even getting water works during dry dock until much later.

The only thing posted was crew quarters and house keeping plus the undercarriage work.

But if all the construction and noise is going on lido that will be a horse of a different color

Does this look like thunder mountain is down? They sail from Freeport to start a cruise by late day Friday.

FB2BB755-22F2-44E2-B385-C0E16F6C6EA0_zpsmugkdsm9.jpg

943186A6-1CE8-4EC8-9C30-932E0E8E8D49_zps9qasintm.jpg

Does this look like thunder mountain is down? They sail from Freeport to start a cruise by late day Friday.

FB2BB755-22F2-44E2-B385-C0E16F6C6EA0_zpsmugkdsm9.jpg

943186A6-1CE8-4EC8-9C30-932E0E8E8D49_zps9qasintm.jpg

They work 24/7 and they have two more full days to get that cleaned up. That said, if it looks like that on Saturday, they will make the news again and folks will get far more than $200 lol. I think it will look s lot different come Saturday though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it were me and I were flying in to Miami, I would cancel the cruise and rent a car and head to Disney. I have heard they are offering a full refund if you want to cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe that the full refund if you wish to cancel is if you invoke the vacation guarantee. This is only put into motion once you're on board and you are then flown back home at the first port of call. Don't know if Carnival considers home Miami or your home airport, but either way you're out major money and all you get for it is 1.5 days of vacation.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I believe that the full refund if you wish to cancel is if you invoke the vacation guarantee. This is only put into motion once you're on board and you are then flown back home at the first port of call. Don't know if Carnival considers home Miami or your home airport, but either way you're out major money and all you get for it is 1.5 days of vacation.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

They were offering a full refund to cancel the first 2 cruises out of dry dock or a 200 obc for the waterworks not being operational

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

OK , as far as I know the ONLY credit/OBC, etc. Carnival was giving was for the 3/11 and 3/18 (our cruise) cruises, but I may be wrong.

How do they (we booked ours about 5 or 6 months ago) determine who gets the $200 OBC, or the $25% off of cruise trip "price," and 50% towards another Carnival cruise?

OK , as far as I know the ONLY credit/OBC, etc. Carnival was giving was for the 3/11 and 3/18 (our cruise) cruises, but I may be wrong.

How do they (we booked ours about 5 or 6 months ago) determine who gets the $200 OBC, or the $25% off of cruise trip "price," and 50% towards another Carnival cruise?

The cruises before the ship went into dry dock were dealing with a lot more than just out of order slides. There was a lot of noise, fumes, etc. so they offered them a discount on a future cruise and a rebate on the one they were on.