Did Carnival start the Glory drydock too early?

LMaxwell

Any update on how many post dry dock cruises are affected.

It was going to be 2 but I'm not sure if that is true.

I love the $200 obc I think it's more than fair

I do feel for all the people pre dry dock . That was awful

That seems quite unacceptable.

Other than invoking the Satisfaction Guarantee, what's the best way to get some sort of satisfaction from such a big shortcoming?

If what they were doing was impacting my cruise I would have asked for guest services to do something for me and threatened to invoice vacation guarantee. They get a black mark when a guest does leave for this and they would do what they could to make you happy.

Still do not understand why they scheduled to work this way.

I talked to a vacation planner this morning who told me that "people that choose to stick to their sailing 3/11 or 3/18 will be surprised by a 25% refund and 50% off future cruise voucher". I asked for it in writing but after speaking to a supervisor, she explained that it was not an official communication so she wasn't able to. Has anyone else on either of these sailing been told the same? I'm trying decide whether I'm taking the refund or rolling the dice and taking the cruise.

I talked to a vacation planner this morning who told me that "people that choose to stick to their sailing 3/11 or 3/18 will be surprised by a 25% refund and 50% off future cruise voucher". I asked for it in writing but after speaking to a supervisor, she explained that it was not an official communication so she wasn't able to. Has anyone else on either of these sailing been told the same? I'm trying decide whether I'm taking the refund or rolling the dice and taking the cruise.

Feel safe in saying that isn't going to happen. No reason not to proclaim it if that were the case. We are scheduled on 3/11 and tried to exercise the change, but all ships departing that week are sold out. We are still going, but will assess the situation and will invoke the guarantee by 4pm first sea day if necessary.

Feel safe in saying that isn't going to happen. No reason not to proclaim it if that were the case. We are scheduled on 3/11 and tried to exercise the change, but all ships departing that week are sold out. We are still going, but will assess the situation and will invoke the guarantee by 4pm first sea day if necessary.

Make sure everyone has a passport if you are going to do this.... Otherwise, you will not be able to use the guarantee.

Yep, not holding my breath however, I would understand why they wouldn't put that out in the letter. Good business is to have passengers booked full freight on another ship and satisfied rather than bribed and still unhappy with their experience.

Since other comparable sailings for the weeks are sold out and we left trying to make the best of it, if enough others have been told the same, we may be able to pressure them to officially communicate that so that we would at least go into it with a slightly open mind.

While Carnival is reportedly willing to allow affected March Glory passengers to switch ships, the fact that she is a Saturday boat makes this somewhat challenging. Folks with flights back home the following Saturday are somewhat limited in their options.
The people on the 3/11 sailing are a bit out of luck with other options, but those on 3/18 and 3/25 do have 5 options each, but only one option each week on Carnival. On both 3/18 and 3/25, there are options for the NCL Escape, MSC Divina and HAL's Eurodam, all 7 days out of MIA. On 3/19, there are 6 day sailings out of FLL on the Caribbean Princess and Carnival Vista and on the 26th on the Freedom of the Seas and Carnival Conquest.

Well it is less than 2 weeks away, and my older sons, yes they slides too, were planning on doing the big one. With this, I'm afraid to tell them what they are really NOT going to see. They have never cruised before, and as some have already said, I booked this several months before, and nothing was said about going into "dry dock" at or during sailing time. We should get some type of reimbursement for not having what we are to have. :(

Yep, not holding my breath however, I would understand why they wouldn't put that out in the letter. Good business is to have passengers booked full freight on another ship and satisfied rather than bribed and still unhappy with their experience.

Since other comparable sailings for the weeks are sold out and we left trying to make the best of it, if enough others have been told the same, we may be able to pressure them to officially communicate that so that we would at least go into it with a slightly open mind.

My Carnival PVP originally called me on Friday and told me I was getting a $200 OBC for each of my two cabins, in addition I would be getting an immediate refund of 25% cruise fare and 50% of cruise fare as a credit for future cruise to be used within 18 months. I felt that was quite fair...until he called back Sunday night to tell me he made a mistake and I would only receive the $200 OBC :mad:

For those thinking of invoking the Vacation Guarantee keep in mind you can not invoke it until after departure. That puts you off at the first port so a passport will probably be necessary.

It's just a waterslide. There, I said it. I'd be stoked if carnival closed the waterslide if it meant I was getting $200 in OBC. #FirstWorldProblems

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are correct the $200 is for the slides not in operation. The fear/concern is that dry dock photos show that as of last night waterworks hasn't even gone vertical. Noise and other interruptions are the issue.

You are correct the $200 is for the slides not in operation. The fear/concern is that dry dock photos show that as of last night waterworks hasn't even gone vertical. Noise and other interruptions are the issue.

Can you share these photos? It would be cool to see the progress!

Use the search function on the site which cannot be named. It isn't FreshBurgers.

You'll find lots of cool photos the crew are posting to their personal pages.

I've been doing that lot actually lol. But I couldn't find anything from the past couple days.

Would someone kindly "post" or send to me the actual printout of what they said about the compensation on the Glory for the 11th & 18th of March, as we are doing the 18th, and I have 7 people very "concerned" of the compensation in some way, as they don't have a lot of money like some people may. They have left me in charge, as I have cruised for several years, and if you have received "anything" from Carnival, would you forward it to me? I cannot find anything that has been sent to me in regard to compensation on the Glory for the 11th & 18th.

Thank you.

Would someone kindly "post" or send to me the actual printout of what they said about the compensation on the Glory for the 11th & 18th of March, as we are doing the 18th, and I have 7 people very "concerned" of the compensation in some way, as they don't have a lot of money like some people may. They have left me in charge, as I have cruised for several years, and if you have received "anything" from Carnival, would you forward it to me? I cannot find anything that has been sent to me in regard to compensation on the Glory for the 11th & 18th.

Thank you.

Attached Below (20946856.pdf)

20946856.pdf

After reading that letter, it sounds like the equivalent of going to Disney and Thunder Mountain is closed. $200 is a very solid deal (and substantially more than Disney has ever offered for a ride being closed). I'd say y'all hit the jackpot

After reading that letter, it sounds like the equivalent of going to Disney and Thunder Mountain is closed. $200 is a very solid deal (and substantially more than Disney has ever offered for a ride being closed). I'd say y'all hit the jackpot

Actuallly that is not the case at all. If you go to Disney and thunder mountain is closed you still have about 30 other rides you can ride at the magic kingdom. But if you plan your cruise for kids that are 9 like mine, then the first thing I look at is the waterworks because that is where we stay on a cruise. I do not sail on ships that do not have that because that's what my child likes to do. If I had to be on a cruise for 7 days where that was not available but no one informed me of that at the time of booking I would be very upset. I am not on that cruise so this really does not concern me but I do understand why so many people with children are upset if that was one of the sole reasons for picking that ship. If it were me and I were flying in to Miami, I would cancel the cruise and rent a car and head to Disney. I have heard they are offering a full refund if you want to cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm with you. I'm happy about the $200 for no slides. I didn't even know they were even getting water works during dry dock until much later.

The only thing posted was crew quarters and house keeping plus the undercarriage work.

But if all the construction and noise is going on lido that will be a horse of a different color