Am I the first to notice?

kruisey

Reading terms and conditions in small print of 'Specials' from Princess. Now states 'Applies to first/second person in cabin.Does not apply to 3rd or 4th person. It used to read 'Does not apply to SINGLES and 3rd or 4th persons':D

Reading terms and conditions in small print of 'Specials' from Princess. Now states 'Applies to first/second person in cabin.Does not apply to 3rd or 4th person. It used to read 'Does not apply to SINGLES and 3rd or 4th persons':D

I had not noticed but does that mean singles finally get some perks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While not applicable to me it is good to read if singles are now eligible especially as they normally have to pay more than each of us.

It would be nice if that is the case but don't hold your breath. I've seen "mistakes" on the Princess promos in the past. There was one with very nice OBC, etc. and it had absolutely no limitations regarding cabin type. I not only read it a couple of times but printed it out. Princess didn't care what the promo info on their site said. The promo was (as usual) only for balconies and above. I made a bit of a stink about it at the time but got absolutely nowhere and the site was magically changed the next day.

I just spoke with Princess she said yes you get all the perks from the specials.

An example she stated if it says $300 on board credit you would get$600 if you were traveling by yourself........I never knew that before???

I just spoke with Princess she said yes you get all the perks from the specials.

An example she stated if it says $300 on board credit you would get$600 if you were traveling by yourself........I never knew that before???

Get that in writing!!!

Would that be when you were a single in a double cabin paying double price? Would it apply to a studio if Princess has those? If it were me I would be asking lots more questions and want answers in writing.

Get that in writing!!!

Would that be when you were a single in a double cabin paying double price? Would it apply to a studio if Princess has those? If it were me I would be asking lots more questions and want answers in writing.

Princess doesn't have studio cabins does it? I had one on NCL and it was OK. You still usually end up paying about 50% more than one person sharing an inside cabin though.

I do not believe myself ...........She was saying if two persons got $300 each then if I was on my own I would get both = $600.....Maybe she was a new employee......i will ask Customer Service on a week day

You might get a different response!:)

If traveling single you get the OBC because it's

usually per cabin. Say it's $300 you get it all.

If two in cabin you would each get $150.

They don't double the $300 because you pay

double. Be nice but they don't.

Under the current promo for the $600 OBC, $300 for each, the 1st and second passenger, if solo the solo in the cabin gets $600.

Just had this quoted this past week on a TA.

If you do a mock booking it shows as well.

I am so sorry that I upset an elite member with 54 cruises under their belt.Please accept my humble apologies:*

Hey how about me? I actually have way more than a measly 54 cruises on Princess. Frankly 54 or even my total is nothing out of the ordinary for many Princess passengers.

It means a nice lunch, $100 OBC and free laundry, that's about all.

Not like you're the Pope or the Queen or the Pres!

But I am not upset, as far as I know.

For an upcoming cruise (March 2018, one of the 14 day Caribbean cruises), I have $600 of OBC because I'm sailing single in a suite. Yes, I get the entire $600 all to myself, whereas if 2 people had booked, each would have gotten $300 (to total $600 for the suite).

My travel agent and I have been giggling about this for months.

For an upcoming cruise (March 2018, one of the 14 day Caribbean cruises), I have $600 of OBC because I'm sailing single in a suite. Yes, I get the entire $600 all to myself, whereas if 2 people had booked, each would have gotten $300 (to total $600 for the suite).

I don't giggle as much because the fares are higher to justify the promo single or double unfortunately.

Can I come with you? I won't tell hubby (as though he could get the time off work anyhow!) GRINS!

I do not believe myself ...........She was saying if two persons got $300 each then if I was on my own I would get both = $600.....Maybe she was a new employee......i will ask Customer Service on a week day

Looks like that is what others have received.

Hello all -

Just for another reference point, I am traveling solo next month on TA. I received full $600 OBC - but I also did pay the 100% premium for traveling solo (meaning I basically paid for two people). That's how it was advertised - and that's how it was booked.

Cheers

Yes, this is correct. I know for a fact, because I am sailing as a solo and received the $600 in OBC with the Anniversary Sale. Not sure if I will get 1 or 2 specialty dinners. Once I got 2 specialty dinners, but since I was sailing alone, I traded them in for OBC!

The promotions are per cabin, but only for the first 2 occupants. Same as the Elite mini-bar. One per cabin even if there are 2 Elites.