Royal Cancelled My Fully Paid Cruise Reservation

Have you heard back on your extras? I was told they can not reinstate mine (3 zipline, 2 Internet, 2kids drink packages & the 2 sip & stream) back on to my reservation and that I will have to re-purchase at now prices. I'm upset because everything that I bought was on sale. They will offer me a OB credit but only if I rebuy at current non-sale prices.... so they screwed up, cancelled my reservation and everything with it. Now I have to spend more $$. So who wins? They do.

They need to give you enough OBC to make up the price difference to make you whole when you re-purchase. Plus a little for your trouble. Add up everything you spent and how much more you'd need to spend and add $100 and tell them you want that amount of OBC. ;)

Have you heard back on your extras? I was told they can not reinstate mine (3 zipline, 2 Internet, 2kids drink packages & the 2 sip & stream) back on to my reservation and that I will have to re-purchase at now prices. I'm upset because everything that I bought was on sale. They will offer me a OB credit but only if I rebuy at current non-sale prices.... so they screwed up, cancelled my reservation and everything with it. Now I have to spend more $$. So who wins? They do.

That's crazy!! I'm so sorry to hear that.

Our travel agent reported to us this afternoon that Royal is trying to get all the dinner reservations etc back - she indicated that this is not a problem apparently just more of an accounting issue they are having. I will not be impressed if they cannot put me back in the position I was before they screwed everything up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You need to calm down...take your previous booking receipts and do NOT leave the customer service desk until ALL of your previous bookings have been made right.

That's a great way to spend your first day on the ship.... provided you have a reservation that lets you even get onto the ship. Maybe some OBC for killing the first day aboard would also be in order.

My issue didn't make it this far but I felt like it could happen at any time. On my last cruise I purchased a couple of gift certificates and went through the process of adding them as OBC. Checked my account the next day and it showed me as having +$100 on my final bill. This was well after final payment was due and I was all paid up. I just figured it was in the process and didn't worry. The next day it showed me as having -$100 on my final bill and I now owed $100.

Since this was after final payment I just knew some one was going to look at it and cancel the cruise. I called of course and spoke to someone. Explained what was going on and he claimed he had never seen anything like this before and had to go talk to a supervisor. After a while he came back and said he didn't know what was going on, but saw I did not owe anything and it was all fine. He said the website would show in a couple of hours that my account was fine.

Of course the next day it showed the same and I called again. This guy again couldn't figure it out and went to his supervisor. Came back a while later and said it looked like one of the gift certificates had went to OBC and one to pay on the cruise, which was fully paid, and this confused the system, showing I know owed. I have no idea how these things happen. Said it would clear itself in a few hours. This was a Friday. Of course it never cleared up and still showed I owed $100.

On Monday I found the email address to Mr. Bailey's office and sent him an email. A couple of hours later I was returned an email from one of his staff who said he had been assigned my case and would take care of it. The next day he called, great guy, can't remember the name at this time, and said it was fixed, and for my troubles he was giving me another $100 OBC. He did and it bought some nice drinks on our cruise.

I understand the trepidation when stuff like this happens. It get's you nervous.

Will never do the online thing with gift certificates again. I will call direct from now on. Didn't realize about the difficulties till after I purchased them. Read afterwards about people having troubles. Do research first dang it.

On my last cruise I purchased a couple of gift certificates and went through the process of adding them as OBC. Checked my account the next day and it showed me as having +$100 on my final bill.

Out of curiosity, where did you find your "account"? I bought some gift certificates and applied it to OBC and have redeemed them but not sure where to look to make sure they were properly credited.

Out of curiosity, where did you find your "account"? I bought some gift certificates and applied it to OBC and have redeemed them but not sure where to look to make sure they were properly credited.

Call and ask for an emailed receipt showing the obc. I had problems on my first cruise with the obc not showing up onboard. ( I had purchased gift certificates that had to be applied to the account at least 10 days before the cruise) Luckily they did have a record that I had called to have them put it on our account it just never happened.

Our next cruise I knew to bring proof onboard so I had royal email me the receipt showing how much obc I had. Thankfully we didn't need to provide it because it was on our account like it should be.

So late Saturday evening I received an email from Royal Caribbean advising me that because my cruise reservation has been canceled the items in my cruise planner have been cancelled, and goes on to list my show reservations, dining reservations, ifly and Northstar reservations - all cancelled! The problem is, we never cancelled our cruise reservation! This is for my family's Spring Break cruise next month. We fully paid for the cruise back in December.

Needless to say my wife and I are distraught. We couldn't get hold of our travel agent or Royal Caribbean last night. This morning we contacted our travel agent, who has been very helpful and explained that somehow Royal Caribbean messed up and cancelled our reservation. They are working with Royal to fix the problem. Apparently, though, we can't receive any confirmation from Royal Caribbean until their Revenue Department opens on Monday.

I've also been in contact with Royal Caribbean who assured me they are trying to resolve the issue but, essentially, it will have to wait until Monday. Odd that Royal can cancel a cruise late Saturday night but can't fix their mistake until Monday when their Revenue Department is open. Perhaps their Cancellation Department and Revenue Department should work the same hours.

My concern is that while I wait until Monday, Royal could sell our cabin in the meantime for what is already a sold out cruise (because of course they do take bookings over the weekend). Strange thing is that they didn't cancel our cruise reservation for the adjoining cabin where our kids are staying. God only knows how we will get our show reservations, dining reservations etc back on track if we are able to get our cabin back. A total disaster!

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So it is now, Tuesday....what has happened with your situation....people are curious.

This happened to us twice in one week the beginning of February for our March 12 cruise! Our TA was able to reinstate our reservations with our original cabin number , although the second time required him spending all day on the phone with RC. Nobody could offer an explanation as to why this happened. RC told our TA that many of our show and dinner reservations could not be rebooked, as there was no availability. He told them that was unacceptable and demanded that they find a way to rebook all reservations. Fortunately, all our reservations were rebooked a day or so later. We are, however, still waiting for RC to refund our credit card more than $1800 for the two cancellations of specialty dining, drink, and internet packages. Im sure they will find a resolution for you, but I know how frustrating and stressful it is!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My issue didn't make it this far but I felt like it could happen at any time. On my last cruise I purchased a couple of gift certificates and went through the process of adding them as OBC. Checked my account the next day and it showed me as having +$100 on my final bill. This was well after final payment was due and I was all paid up. I just figured it was in the process and didn't worry. The next day it showed me as having -$100 on my final bill and I now owed $100.

Since this was after final payment I just knew some one was going to look at it and cancel the cruise. I called of course and spoke to someone. Explained what was going on and he claimed he had never seen anything like this before and had to go talk to a supervisor. After a while he came back and said he didn't know what was going on, but saw I did not owe anything and it was all fine. He said the website would show in a couple of hours that my account was fine.

Of course the next day it showed the same and I called again. This guy again couldn't figure it out and went to his supervisor. Came back a while later and said it looked like one of the gift certificates had went to OBC and one to pay on the cruise, which was fully paid, and this confused the system, showing I know owed. I have no idea how these things happen. Said it would clear itself in a few hours. This was a Friday. Of course it never cleared up and still showed I owed $100.

On Monday I found the email address to Mr. Bailey's office and sent him an email. A couple of hours later I was returned an email from one of his staff who said he had been assigned my case and would take care of it. The next day he called, great guy, can't remember the name at this time, and said it was fixed, and for my troubles he was giving me another $100 OBC. He did and it bought some nice drinks on our cruise.

I understand the trepidation when stuff like this happens. It get's you nervous.

Will never do the online thing with gift certificates again. I will call direct from now on. Didn't realize about the difficulties till after I purchased them. Read afterwards about people having troubles. Do research first dang it.

A similar thing happened to me but they owed me money for a few refunds from the cruise planner where I had cancelled and rebooked at a better price, but it was showing up as an outstanding balance, even on emailed invoices. When I first called the rep on the phone told me that I did owe money, and I argued with her until I got super mad and she escalated my call. I was told that maybe it would be fixed in 3 days and to call back then.

I was sure they were going to cancel my cruise and I emailed Mr. Bailey's office. The only thing that convinced me they weren't going to cancel my cruise was that after I emailed someone at executive guest relations called me daily to update me and reassure me. I have been wondering if what's happening now is similar but when I was panicking about having my cruise potentially cancelled to the person who called after I emailed, they told me that the bug showing outstanding balances was different from the one cancelling cruises. I don't really have any reason to think they were lying since that is probably more information than they wanted to tell me in the first place, but it does make you wonder.

I really feel for people going through this. I never got to the point of having the cruise cancelled but just the thought of it was hugely stressful.

This is going to sound greedy but ask for compensation either way. If you don't ask they may not offer you anything at all. I work in a customer service call center and believe me if you ask they will give you something. Maybe even a small OBC or spa treatment like others mentioned would be worth it for the headache.

You can go on the payment screen where it lists all the money you've paid in. It will show the gift certificate totals but you'll never see them as OBC anywhere until you get on the ship.

Thanks. I don't have a payment screen but that's probably because I went through a TA to purchase the cruise.

So it is now, Tuesday....what has happened with your situation....people are curious.

As I mentioned yesterday, I have been advised by my travel agent that my cruise reservation was re-instated. Today, with great anticipation, we finally received our new booking confirmation - same cabin, so we still have the adjoining cabin with our kids thankfully. We have also received our specialty restaurant reservations, internet packages and beverage packages - though according to the invoice they are now charged separately rather than the "sip and stream" bundle (that might be a good thing so that my cruise doesn't get cancelled again!). I have yet to check and ensure that the charges for the drink and internet packages are correct. According to our travel agent, our reservation on the North Star has also been confirmed. We are still awaiting our iFly reservation and dining room reservations. Luckily we had no excursions booked.

I can say that Royal appears to be trying to fix the situation and making progress, so I give them props for that (notwithstanding that I am incredibly unhappy that this problem arose in the first place). I will withhold my final judgment though until I confirm that they have fixed everything. After seeing another post where one poor soul is going through the experience of having their cruise cancelled for a second time, I remain wary...

thanks for the update! I am glad that it is working out for you!

I am curious if everyone else this has happened to over the last several days have their reservations booked with a TA. I am not sure why it would make any difference or if it would be related to the issue, but I think everyone that has mentioned they have been cancelled since buying the Sip & Stream on Thursday have mentioned their TA. I could be wrong!

thanks for the update! I am glad that it is working out for you!

I am curious if everyone else this has happened to over the last several days have their reservations booked with a TA. I am not sure why it would make any difference or if it would be related to the issue, but I think everyone that has mentioned they have been cancelled since buying the Sip & Stream on Thursday have mentioned their TA. I could be wrong!

So far, from what I have read, I agree with you that it seems to stem from cancelling a regular beverage package and switching to a Sip & Stream package. Royal has not told me how it happened. My sailing is for the March 12th Anthem of the Seas, I don't know if others who have experienced problems are on the same sailing or if it is more widespread.

As I mentioned yesterday, I have been advised by my travel agent that my cruise reservation was re-instated. Today, with great anticipation, we finally received our new booking confirmation - same cabin, so we still have the adjoining cabin with our kids thankfully. We have also received our specialty restaurant reservations, internet packages and beverage packages - though according to the invoice they are now charged separately rather than the "sip and stream" bundle (that might be a good thing so that my cruise doesn't get cancelled again!). I have yet to check and ensure that the charges for the drink and internet packages are correct. According to our travel agent, our reservation on the North Star has also been confirmed. We are still awaiting our iFly reservation and dining room reservations. Luckily we had no excursions booked.

I can say that Royal appears to be trying to fix the situation and making progress, so I give them props for that (notwithstanding that I am incredibly unhappy that this problem arose in the first place). I will withhold my final judgment though until I confirm that they have fixed everything. After seeing another post where one poor soul is going through the experience of having their cruise cancelled for a second time, I remain wary...

Glad to hear it is looking positive for you. I also see the other poster is going through this mess once again, how awful. I hope you are being compensated in some form for all this stress.

Glad to hear it is looking positive for you. I also see the other poster is going through this mess once again, how awful. I hope you are being compensated in some form for all this stress.

Thanks - The issue of compensation has been raised by my travel agent though I understand that Royal has deferred it until everything is resolved. I'm hopeful that Royal will recognize that what they are putting me and others through is unacceptable and that they will do what is necessary to make this right. I get that mistakes happen (and this was a doozy!) and I hope they will get that it caused my family and others a great deal of unnecessary stress and concern. For now, all I can do is wait and see how this all gets resolved and hope that my faith in their company, though shaken, is ultimately well placed.

So far, from what I have read, I agree with you that it seems to stem from cancelling a regular beverage package and switching to a Sip & Stream package. Royal has not told me how it happened. My sailing is for the March 12th Anthem of the Seas, I don't know if others who have experienced problems are on the same sailing or if it is more widespread.

I did the same thing - cancelled Deluxe and bought the Sip & Stream because it was a little cheaper and included internet which we had not originally planned to order so it was a win/win. We are the week before you on the Anthem - we leave Sunday March 5. Luckily we were not affected and fingers crossed that we will not be. I am booked directly with Royal.

I think we know of three people on CC this has happened to:

Canuckle-head - Sailing Anthem March 12.

SeaTheWaves (X 2 - was fixed but then then it cancelled again)

hpy2b246

I don't think we know what sailing SeaTheWaves and hpy2b246 are on.

I did the same thing - cancelled Deluxe and bought the Sip & Stream because it was a little cheaper and included internet which we had not originally planned to order so it was a win/win. We are the week before you on the Anthem - we leave Sunday March 5. Luckily we were not affected and fingers crossed that we will not be. I am booked directly with Royal.

I think we know of three people on CC this has happened to:

Canuckle-head - Sailing Anthem March 12.

SeaTheWaves (X 2 - was fixed but then then it cancelled again)

hpy2b246

I don't think we know what sailing SeaTheWaves and hpy2b246 are on.

I received a phone call from my TA this morning. She informed me that my reservation was cancelled again. That Royal was and is watching and working on it to resolve this. Patiently waiting to hear back. I am on the March 13th sailing. Empress of the seas

I received a phone call from my TA this morning. She informed me that my reservation was cancelled again. That Royal was and is watching and working on it to resolve this. Patiently waiting to hear back. I am on the March 13th sailing. Empress of the seas

Wow - Seriously? That is two of you that have been cancelled, rebooked, then cancelled again. That is CRAZY! I really hope they give you guys more than just another rebook. They owe you some OBC or a huge upgrade!