Do people decorate their stateroom doors?

tinybiny

We always decorate our door with a red monkey stuffed animal that I bought in St Lucia many many cruises ago. This is now referred to as MY CARIBBEAN MONKEY. I hang it proudly on my cabin door using a magnet on every cruise. It has never been stolen and has surely put smiles on many faces.

Yes! I decorate my doors with themed paper decorations attached with magnets. For the upcoming Asia cruise, I am making an origami wreath with pink Sakura flowers.

The most decorations I have seen were during many Christmas cruises. This past year several people were using the mini fairy lights in most creative ways !

I have never decorated our door, but find the concept fun and festive. I may see if I can find magnets to gift our friends who all decided to join us for our upcoming anniversary cruise. Or maybe order something printed from Vista.

This time, I am bringing decorations for inside the cabin since we are doing a big sailaway party and some other gatherings. Trying to have fun without going completely over the top.

I always decorate my door using magnets from the dollar store or party store, so not very expensive. Surprisingly I had owls taken off my door during a fall cruise, and happy new year signs this year, but not til after December 31. Crazy that someone would want these cheap magnets. Oh well, I will continue to decorate. I think it’s fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We decorated our door a number of times, the last one was with a SF Giants logo, during playoffs, and two days into the cruise was told to take it down because it “offended” someone. My first reaction was to say no but then was told that if I didn’t remove it they would and throw it away. Now if that wasn’t BS......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe if you make sure they are also “princesses”? ;p (Cinderella, sleeping beauty, etc...)

Good point....unfortunately, my favs feature a mouse. I'll have to look thru the stash. I mean, it wasn't like I was going to wear shirts from DCL cruises, but the less themed ones do tend to be my "all the time comfy" shirts. On the other hand, shirts that feature one of my hobbies tend to draw favorable comments.

I noticed from a blog on the current HAL World Cruise that door signs are no longer allowed on Holland America as they are considered a fire hazard. Wonder how long it will be before it becomes a Princess rule? We usually attach a Seahawks logo to our door with magnets. Think I will leave it at home this time.

Good point....unfortunately' date=' my favs feature a mouse. I'll have to look thru the stash. I mean, it wasn't like I was going to wear shirts from DCL cruises, but the less themed ones do tend to be my "all the time comfy" shirts. On the other hand, shirts that feature one of my hobbies tend to draw favorable comments.[/quote']

I think as long as you don’t wear your “ears” you should be ok 😊 unless people don’t have a sense of humor that is! Surely we can have hobbies apart from a Princess cruising!

I noticed from a blog on the current HAL World Cruise that door signs are no longer allowed on Holland America as they are considered a fire hazard. Wonder how long it will be before it becomes a Princess rule? We usually attach a Seahawks logo to our door with magnets. Think I will leave it at home this time.

I have wondered about that with some of the door decorations I have seen on Princess. The corridor is an Access to Exit and I would think there would be limitations on the flame-spread rating of exposed materials.

I think as long as you don’t wear your “ears” you should be ok 😊 unless people don’t have a sense of humor that is! Surely we can have hobbies apart from a Princess cruising!

I wear my ears on Princess cruises. It is a good conversation starter. I have an Ohio Northern University hat that I have added "ears" and I have a big floppy straw hat that has "ears" added. I have never been on a Disney Cruise.

One time I was getting on a Princess cruise with my Mickey Mouse ears hat on. A crew member said I was on the wrong cruise line and I turned around and showed him my embroidered jacket with the Princess Seawitch on the back. He laughed.

We love Disney and Princess both.