Help From Tampa to Miami

august1963

It has been about 5 years or so since we sailed out of Miami. I can't remember how we handled things the last time and apparently I didn't keep my paperwork. We flew in to Tampa and are doing the same this time. I remember we stayed at a Hilton property in Tampa on Friday evening (the night before). But I don't remember if we just took a cab to the hotel, or maybe the hotel had a shuttle bus. What's the best way to get to the port? Does Carnival have a shuttle? I know we took some type of shuttle, but just don't remember if it was a Carnival shuttle or a hotel shuttle.

I guess it would help if I could find out which Hilton property we stayed at.....

Any suggestions about the easiest way to handle transportation since we won't have a car?

Thanks

I think you have two options here since you seem to have already booked your flight into Tampa

1) Call the airline and switch the destination to Ft Lauderdale or Miami

2). Rent a car in Tampa and drive to Miami yourself. Budget for at least 4 hours to get to the Port of Miami via I-75 south.

The megabus only costs between 5-20 each to Fort Lauderdale, I would figure that Miami is the same. I started looking at it when it looks like it will cost less for 3 of us to ride it than to drive down for our cruise in May.

I also agree, living in Tampa there isn't any shuttles from Tampa to Miami.

We use SAS Transportation to get from the airport and hotels in FLL to MIA. We also have family and friends that use them when doing the same. We have always been happy with their service.

Oops, I am sorry.....we ARE flying into Ft. Lauderdale.....my mistake....it looks like it HAS been a long time....I can't even keep my cities straight

There is transportation from Tampa to Miami and it is called Cruise Connection. Many of my friends have used this service and love it.

Well I guess I learned something then. Still. if more than one person is going its still probably cheaper to drive.

I used QLS to transfer from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) to MIA after my cruise aboard the Silhouette in 2015.

We had a private shuttle as we were a group of 6 and to our surprise the driver even waited an additional 25 minutes for us as we had to get security to retrieve my husband's wallet from the safe, which he had left behind.

We were pleased and would book with them again. I believe they go from set times from the Fort Lauderdale airport to Port of Miami, so if your hotel has a free airport shuttle, you could use that service and go from there. http://qualitylimoservice.com/

Best of luck.