Carnival Corp Shareholder OBC - Princess

Someone at Princess Australia must have been reading some of our other threads about Shareholder OBC and decided to process yours more quickly. ;)

Is that the first time you've applied for the OBC, or have you had the shares fro other cruises? I'm just wondering if they fast-track applications other than the first one from a customer as they already have the info on file.

That must be an all time record! :D

What email address did you use?

Maybe for Princess.

for an upcoming P&O cruise, we sent it at 10am and had the OBC applied by 2.30pm same day.

I think it may depend on just how busy the person/persons actually doing the processing are that day. :D

I think it may depend on just how busy the person/persons actually doing the processing are that day. :D

It could be that, Mic, but quite a few people have reported waiting close to two weeks for confirmation of their OBC. Maybe someone new and efficient has taken over that processing.

Just went back over my previous last two. The one submitted early Jan took 7 days. The next one which was submitted mid Jan took 1 day. Could have been light on staff over Xmas-New Year break. ;)

Out of all the applications made for us, only one has taken longer than a response on the next day and that one took nearly 1 1/2 weeks. Possibly that was when everyone was delayed.

Would CCL Be doing the same with The QE2 cruises next year?? Concerning OBC..:)

I submitted my email application at 1700 yesterday afternoon. This morning, at 0800, I received confirmation that the OBC had been applied to my booking. Well done Princess, excellent service. :)

Would CCL Be doing the same with The QE2 cruises next year?? Concerning OBC..:)

They tried playing funny when I applied for my QM2 trip next month. Saying my fare didn't qualify which is rubbish. They eventually relented as 'a special favour' . But even with all the to and fro it only took a week. Princess at last Christmas took exactly 2 weeks.

Hello By the Bay.

Are you talking about extra OBC because you were in the Armed Forces ?

Sorry just noticed it was for Carnival Shareholders, is that correct.

Regards Zac:)

uote=By The Bay;52428186]I submitted my email application at 1700 yesterday afternoon. This morning, at 0800, I received confirmation that the OBC had been applied to my booking. Well done Princess, excellent service. :)

Hello By the Bay.

Are you talking about extra OBC because you were in the Armed Forces ?

Sorry just noticed it was for Carnival Shareholders, is that correct.

Regards Zac:)

uote=By The Bay;52428186]I submitted my email application at 1700 yesterday afternoon. This morning, at 0800, I received confirmation that the OBC had been applied to my booking. Well done Princess, excellent service. :)

The application was for Shareholder OBC. The email address was supplied to me when I rang Princess last year. I did query the defence email and they assured me that the email was the correct one to use.

• 3 months later...

Just sent an email for the Shareholder OBC and it was applied less than two minutes later.

But what is with the $99.99:confused:......it is an 11 night cruise and would usually be $100, I have had $250 and $50......but not $99.99 haha!

David, what a great investment it has been, it has gone up $20 per share since we bought 100 shares, the $45 quarterly dividend goes back into our holiday fund for spending money and well the extra OBC is the icing on the cake:D

It certainly has been a great investment. We've had over $600 OBC in the year since we bought it. That's around 10% return on investment without including the dividends. :D :D :D

We are at around 40% on the investment, the shares have almost doubled and the dividends are a nice return as well.

We are at around 40% on the investment, the shares have almost doubled and the dividends are a nice return as well.

40% total, or 40% in the last year?

If it's the latter you've been doing too much cruising! ;p ;p ;p

Just sent an email for the Shareholder OBC and it was applied less than two minutes later.

But what is with the $99.99:confused:......it is an 11 night cruise and would usually be $100, I have had $250 and $50......but not $99.99 haha!

Lol I know I had the $99.99 come up for military obc recently as well? Must be a glitch as the other obc I had had the extra 1c added to it?

40% total, or 40% in the last year?

If it's the latter you've been doing too much cruising! ;p ;p ;p

Wash your mouth out, there can never be 'too much cruising' can there?

I meant total, over around 4 years now, so with the dividends (another 10%), we are doing okay.

Lol I know I had the $99.99 come up for military obc recently as well? Must be a glitch as the other obc I had had the extra 1c added to it?

It may be a currency conversion thing within the system as well as we once got $97.50 (instead of the $100).