are seapasses on door stolen?

i would say comparing cruise lines on a thread that i started is well within the bounds of any purported decorum on this forum. so it's very relevant. unsure why you determined what i said on my own thread is not. i didnt go into someone elses thread and crap on it.

Do other lines put seapasses outside the door?

The set sail pass cards are the pieces of Ospreys that you print at home that you take to the pier to check in with. The Seapass cards are the plastic ship cards that you are issued for on board spending.

ah i wish each line had the same terminology. NCL calls them boarding passes. you show them then you get a plastic card which is not called a seapass but is used to unlock your room and charge items.

what is the muster drill on royal called?

ah i wish each line had the same terminology. NCL calls them boarding passes. you show them then you get a plastic card which is not called a seapass but is used to unlock your room and charge items.

what is the muster drill on royal called?

Still called the muster drill. At least something is the same.

Lol, just reread my post and noticed how autocorrect turned paper into Ospreys.:eek:

Watched a kid try to buy a cocktail with Dad's seapass once. When the bartender saw the picture he refused to sell him the drink. The kid actually tried the old 'I was buying it for my Dad' trick. Then he tried ordering a soda and the bartender still refused because the kid didn't have his own seapass with him.

Sent from my Bat phone using Tapatalk.

The set sail pass cards are the pieces of Ospreys that you print at home that you take to the pier to check in with. The Seapass cards are the plastic ship cards that you are issued for on board spending.

We prepurchased the soda package. Will we have to wait to get to our room to be able to use our card or will the paper pass show the package?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We prepurchased the soda package. Will we have to wait to get to our room to be able to use our card or will the paper pass show the package?

The bar servers will know you have the package when they scan the barcode on the SetSail (paper) pass.

Still called the muster drill. At least something is the same.

Lol, just reread my post and noticed how autocorrect turned paper into Ospreys.:eek:

i assumed osprey was an RCL term that i just hadnt seen on the forum before.

They had this system when I was on Harmony of the seas. I don't think anyone's card was stolen but it slowed down the bartenders tremendously. The line at the pool bar on the first day was crazy- I literally waited 20 minutes to get one drink!

The set sail pass is not called a card, it is just a printed piece of paper like a boarding pass.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Watched a kid try to buy a cocktail with Dad's seapass once. When the bartender saw the picture he refused to sell him the drink. The kid actually tried the old 'I was buying it for my Dad' trick. Then he tried ordering a soda and the bartender still refused because the kid didn't have his own seapass with him.

Sent from my Bat phone using Tapatalk.

Ah, I miss the days when mom would send me to the pub or store to pick up some brews for Dad. No questions asked.

Ah, I miss the days when mom would send me to the pub or store to pick up some brews for Dad. No questions asked.

Pops wasn't a teetotaler but he never drank in front of us until we were adults. Can't say I followed in his footsteps. 😱😁

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Another thread gone off the rails. ;) ;p :D

Luckyinpa, on the Anthem, your boarding pass, which we call the SetSail Pass, has a bar code on it plus a photograph associated with that bar code. This paper suffices until you can get to your cabin. The hallways usually open up around 1 P.M.

When you get to your cabin, there will be a cardboard envelope on the plaque that holds the cabin number. This cardboard envelope is the zip-off type; it cannot be secretly tampered with. If it is there and intact, no one has accessed it. You zip off the strip, and inside is one SeaPass card. Use it to enter your cabin. On the counter you will find your other SeaPass card.

Does that explain the process adequately? If not, please ask some specific questions and I/we will try to answer those.

Seriously, I think it is stupid. Just give me my card when I check in. Now the waiters, etc have to carry around my SetSail pass to get me a drink. Another stupid idea by Royal. I want my SeaPass card when I get checked in. Guess we will see how it works when we do Harmony in Dec

Seriously, I think it is stupid. Just give me my card when I check in. Now the waiters, etc have to carry around my SetSail pass to get me a drink. Another stupid idea by Royal. I want my SeaPass card when I get checked in. Guess we will see how it works when we do Harmony in Dec

It works fine.

Why not pick something important to get upset about.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
i'm assuming the answer is no but i am just curious. upon reading that royal does not give you a card at the port, i thought it very strange that they leave it outside your door. but i guess even if someone steals it and rings stuff up , you wouldnt be responsible for the charges.

so can someone tell me why they dont give you a card on the dock? it has to be purely to save time id think. even 30 seconds times 4000 is a lot of time (it's friday and i dont do math on friday)

It probably takes much more than 30 seconds each. They would either have to generate the card right there in front of you, or if they had them pre-made, they would then need to check-in each cruiser in an alphabetical queue. This would cause issue whenever a cabin was shared by a couple with different last names. And the conundrum of under whose name the reservation would be found.

It's best to leave the passes at the cabin. I'm pretty sure most people didn't book a cruise vacation in order to steal a seapass and get a few free drinks. And if lost or stolen, the cruise line can close down the account and begin a new one for you.