command hooks

suexxx

Has anyone used Command Hooks on their cruise? Thought of using the magnetic hooks which I will still look into. Command hooks would be easier for me to purchase. We have an inside cabin on Golden Princess so no window to use. Suexxx

We've had success using plastic suction hooks like the ones pictured below. They're easy to attach and remove.

I never thought of using Command hooks, but I wonder how many times they can be used before the adhesive becomes no longer is effective.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

31YCdY3VVtL._AC_UL320_SR320,320_.jpg

Yes, we always use them. DH puts one on the wall outside the bathroom door and another one on the wall behind the door if we're on a colder weather cruise and bring winter coats. We usually bring heavier/bigger ones. We're leaving for a Hawaiian cruise on Friday, and he has already packed his hooks.

I never thought of using Command hooks, but I wonder how many times they can be used before the adhesive becomes no longer is effective.

........../QUOTE]

Command Hook adhesive is a one time use only item. The company is finally selling separate packs of the tape. The hooks can be reused. To make them stick, need to clean the wall with a bit of rubbing alcohol, we use prepackaged alcohol wipes.

Command Hook adhesive is a one time use only item. The company is finally selling separate packs of the tape. The hooks can be reused. To make them stick, need to clean the wall with a bit of rubbing alcohol, we use prepackaged alcohol wipes.

Although Command Hooks appear work well, suction hooks are a better answer for us...with less hassle.

We have been using the Command hooks, they have the large one that holds 5 lbs. Those and over the door shoe organizer are our go to things for organizing the cabin. We use the shoe organizer to put all of our small stuff in, My wife gets a lot of use out of it.

I use a couple of Command hooks at home. I have one on a wooden bathroom door where two bath robes get hung. It has been there for at least 4 years with no issues. The bathrobes hung there are the heavy Princess robes. I think on the right surface a Command adhesive hook could work well. However, a large enough magnetic hook should work as well and leave no residue that you may have to clean off. In general, the larger the magnetic surface area, the greater the weight a magnetic hook will hold.

........../QUOTE] very interesting. gotta try that. will also ok for the tape

Although Command Hooks appear work well, suction hooks are a better answer for us...with less hassle.

I used suction hooks to hang up all my winning Patriots posters after that great Super Bowl Win!!

They worked fine. Hi Lew :D

Tony

I had never even thought about taking them, but my cabinmate brought along a double hook Command hook and stuck it on the wall in the corner by the shelving cupboard beside the closet. We used it for our sleepwear and robes, and it stayed in place for the full duration of our 30 day cruise. After we packed up for disembarkation, she removed it and took it home to be saved for our next trip.