Blu and MDR

mandygal00

This will be our first time in Aqua. I am wondering if you can get a ceasar salad in blu? We like reg. salads and meat and potatoes... will we be able to get this? Does anyone know if there is gluten free bread and gluten free pasta? Not an allergy, just a preference.

Thanks

This will be our first time in Aqua. I am wondering if you can get a ceasar salad in blu? We like reg. salads and meat and potatoes... will we be able to get this? Does anyone know if there is gluten free bread and gluten free pasta? Not an allergy, just a preference.

Thanks

They have three everynight entrees besides the nightly options. The three items are a steak, chicken and fish dish, I think Salmon.

We had Aqua Class on our last cruise. When we inquired about dining in the MDR we were told we could opt for Select Dining anytime we wished and there was no need to notify the maître 'd.

As for eggs benedict, it was not available in Blu on our cruise (even upon request). There were plenty of other breakfast options available that were delicious.

Thanks

yes. This on the every day menu that is available in the mdr and blu

Thanks

This is why most business and people do not take GF seriously. My wife is stage 4 Celiac, the lining of her stomach has been eaten away by this horrid disease. It is life n death.

Blu does a wonderful job taking care of GF request.

But as someone who has had to wait to enter my dining room because it is overbooked and people who are not assigned there are "just showing up" I say arrange it with the Blu Maitre D who can advise you when the MDR can accommodate you without inconveniencing others.

Select dining is never overbooked. Passengers are allowed to just show up. When it gets congested, its because a lot of people have decided to show up at the same time. This generally occurs during a 45-60 minute period. This generally has NOTHING to do with people choosing the MDR over Blu as the number of people who do that is insignificant. The number of people who opt for the buffet or specialty dining don't have to check-in and they FAR outnumber the few that choose the MDR over Blu.

This is why most business and people do not take GF seriously. My wife is stage 4 Celiac, the lining of her stomach has been eaten away by this horrid disease. It is life n death.

Blu does a wonderful job taking care of GF request.

Thank you to everyone.

By Preference, I meant that I do not get sick. However I was put on a GF diet because of some health issues I was having. My Son is Celiac and it is good to know they look after you.

We dined in the MDR on several occasions on our last Eclipse cruise without incident. We certainly plan to 'mix it up' a bit on our next Equinox cruise of 11 nights. We liked Blu but were not fans of the layout which featured many 2 tops close to each other. Anyway my feeling was always that if we aren't thrilled with Blu on our next cruise we will just opt for MDR. We paid more for Aqua to give us the additional choice of Blu as well as the spa area which we will probably use on a limited basis. On a longer cruise it seemed to make sense to throw in a few options of additional dining/ activities. JMHO

Select dining is never overbooked. Passengers are allowed to just show up. When it gets congested, its because a lot of people have decided to show up at the same time. This generally occurs during a 45-60 minute period. This generally has NOTHING to do with people choosing the MDR over Blu as the number of people who do that is insignificant. The number of people who opt for the buffet or specialty dining don't have to check-in and they FAR outnumber the few that choose the MDR over Blu.

Is that something you know to be a fact?? All I see on here are threads about a. If you don't get your dining preferred dining time ask to switch to select on board; b. If you don't like the aqua menu show up at the mdr; c. If you are in a suite traveling with non suite passengers you can eat with them in the mdr; and d... select dining waits are sooooo long. It only stands to reason that those things are all connected. If the seats in select were properly proportioned to the number of people allowed to dine in select there would be a normal flow of people and I don't think you would see the hour waits people complain about.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My first Aqua experience, so first time at Blu .... I just can't wait...11 days

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

We love Blu! It is the main reason we cruise Celebrity. Blu plus the beverage package approximates the experience on a luxury line but at a much lower cost. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We love Blu! It is the main reason we cruise Celebrity. Blu plus the beverage package approximates the experience on a luxury line but at a much lower cost. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Our thoughts exactly.

Great experience.

Is that something you know to be a fact?? All I see on here are threads about a. If you don't get your dining preferred dining time ask to switch to select on board; b. If you don't like the aqua menu show up at the mdr; c. If you are in a suite traveling with non suite passengers you can eat with them in the mdr; and d... select dining waits are sooooo long. It only stands to reason that those things are all connected. If the seats in select were properly proportioned to the number of people allowed to dine in select there would be a normal flow of people and I don't think you would see the hour waits people complain about.

You are simply incorrect. Every night there will be a certain number of people who: go to the buffet, go to specialty dining, eat in port or their cabin. Part of the job of running a cruise line is to allow for those differences. Anytime dining/select dining allows yet an extra layer of personal preference. This is all taken into account. The number of people who choose to eat in the MDR instead of Blu or instead of Luminae is insignificant in comparison. There is always enough seating (and meals) to accommodate these changes. On very few occasions, and only during the very busiest hour, might someone have to wait to be seated. The occasional Blu or Luminae party is not a factor in making that happen. Furthermore, if anyone in MDR select dining wants ensure they do not wait, they can simply call ahead and make a reservation.

When we sail on X, we stay in a RS, never a lower cabin category. We usually eat in Luminae, Blu, or the specialty restaurants. On our last cruise we ate one time in the MDR for breakfast, and never ate once in the buffet. With Luminae, Blu and the specialty restaurants available to us, the MDR or buffet does not come into play.:):)

I've been looking at the menu's online and I'm afraid that we will not like much of the food. We like regular food..meat and potatoes..:eek:

I've been looking at the menu's online and I'm afraid that we will not like much of the food. We like regular food..meat and potatoes..:eek:

That's the beauty of it! You have options. I have seen posts where people reported trying Blu and preferring the MDR so you aren't alone!

If the menu at Blu does appear appetizing to you, don't eat there. My husband is a meat and potatoes guy and he did not like eating in Blu at all. While the atmosphere in Blu is very nice, the choice of entrees just didn't suit our taste.

If the menu at Blu does appear appetizing to you, don't eat there. My husband is a meat and potatoes guy and he did not like eating in Blu at all. While the atmosphere in Blu is very nice, the choice of entrees just didn't suit our taste.

Good to know we are not alone. :D

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just upgraded to Aqua class. I have reservations each night under select dining. Should I cancel them or keep the reservations? I know that Blu does not accept reservations.:D

If you do not plan to dine in Select every night, I'd suggest you cancel all or some of the Select res and give BLU a try...it is usually quite good, nice ambiance etc, You can check BLU dinner menu at breakfast...it is posted on the board menu behind the breakfast menu. If you like the offerings at BLU , you can call and cancel Select

Although we are big AQ/ BLU fans, on our last cruise,.. ..(Oct Infinity) BLU was not very good for dinner...very slow, poor and at times rude service, too many bird menus, cold food, etc.

We ate out at Specialty Dining a few times & did the buffet one night. On the last day of our cruise, we checked the BLU dinner menu in the morning.,..another uninspired menu.

Decided to venture out. No need to involve Maitre d or the asst...they were often busy serving and clearing tables, We just called Select Dining and luckily secured an early res for 2. Worked out great..a lovely table, fabulous service and excellent food...Not everyone loves the MDR but we just lucked out that evening.

Still loyal to BLU but nice to know there are other options available,

What FishLover says was also what I was told when I called Celebrity and asked about the dining situation. Select diners are "suggested" to make a reservation each evening they dine to avoid a long wait, but few people bother to make a reservation, and everyone shows up during the peak times expecting an open table. I was told that most people who are assigned to Blu or Luminae usually don't eat in the MDR, so the amount of Aqua and Suite guests dining in the MDR is minimal. I have always preferred most dinners in MDR, they have always been such nice, elegant rooms. But DH is intrigued by and looking forward to Luminae, so I guess that is the plan.

You are aware there are three everyday items on the menu. I generally eat pretty much some type of steak, never had a problem in Blu.