current weather in south pacific?

Just got back from there today. We had great weather. About 26-29 degrees and dry. Started to rain as we got closer to Sydney. But otherwise was lovely. Can't say it will stay that way, but that's what it was like all week pretty much!

Bring a rain coat and you probably won't need it. Fingers crossed for you.

The big low pressure system that has brought all the rain to Sydney is now moving over the Tasman and is due to give the North Island of NZ a very welcome drenching. :D

The big low pressure system that has brought all the rain to Sydney is now moving over the Tasman and is due to give the North Island of NZ a very welcome drenching. :D

Didn't the North Island (at least the top half) get drenched enough a couple of weeks ago? I certainly did when I was in Auckland before boarding our recent cruise, and also in Tauranga. :( ;)

Didn't the North Island (at least the top half) get drenched enough a couple of weeks ago? I certainly did when I was in Auckland before boarding our recent cruise, and also in Tauranga. :( ;)

....but since then its been glorious..just enough to keep us green as. Usually by this time of the year the grass has browned off and we are in drought.

The Islands look generally settled over the next week and nothing major appears to be brewing.

Perhaps some moderate seas on the first 1 or 2 sea days when leaving OZ, but otherwise not too bad for this time of year.

The Islands look generally settled over the next week and nothing major appears to be brewing.

Perhaps some moderate seas on the first 1 or 2 sea days when leaving OZ, but otherwise not too bad for this time of year.

I would settle for that.

We are heading off from Sydney [White Bay] tomorrow on Sun Princess, and turning right at the heads to Hobart. Was a bit concerned about the seas for our departure, but looks as though the worst will be thru by tomorrow afternoon and will be hitting Lord Howe. We should see a pretty good run down to Tassie, and then on around the continent. Fingers crossed - don't mind a bit of motion in the ocean, but this is a smaller ship than some of our recent cruises :)

We are heading off from Sydney [White Bay] tomorrow on Sun Princess, and turning right at the heads to Hobart. Was a bit concerned about the seas for our departure, but looks as though the worst will be thru by tomorrow afternoon and will be hitting Lord Howe. We should see a pretty good run down to Tassie, and then on around the continent. Fingers crossed - don't mind a bit of motion in the ocean, but this is a smaller ship than some of our recent cruises :)

Bon Voyage Mr Walker, hope the weather is kind and the cruise is great.:D

Thanks Mic, really looking forward to it. First time ever to some of the ports and first time on Princess.

You will have to let me know what your thoughts are after the cruise, I think you will have some interesting comments.:D

You will have to let me know what your thoughts are after the cruise, I think you will have some interesting comments.:D

I hope you are telling me I will enjoy Princess :) Just finalising the packing now & we will off later in the morning tomorrow to board around 1:15. I will report back on our experience.

I hope you are telling me I will enjoy Princess :) Just finalising the packing now & we will off later in the morning tomorrow to board around 1:15. I will report back on our experience.
Yes, you will enjoy yourself.

I am sure you will find most things to your liking, I was looking forward to the comparisons as while some things are similar others are different.

Enjoy.

Smoothest crossing I've ever experienced last week.