final payment

georgia1980

Our final payment is coming due. the question is can I make the payment(with agent) by ach(check by phone-money is there), since debit cards have limits to what can be drawn daily?

No idea but since you would need to get their routing info anyway would suggest you call and ask.

or make payments over several days.

Not sure, I have always just used a regular credit card for every charge I have ever made with Carnival (then transfer cash to the credit card account to cover the charges)

Carnival has always just asked for a credit card when booking, ordering things, paying balances off.

Personal Checks

We accept personal checks as a form of payment for your cruise reservation. Please note the following:

A personal check (sent via mail) is accepted as a form of payment up to 21 business days prior to the sail date. Checks should be made out to Carnival Cruise Line – for mailing information, click here.

We prefer check payment be submitted through CashPro Biller.

These checks will be accepted up to 10 business days prior to the sail date.

Any check returned due to non-sufficient funds (NSF) will be charged $25 USD.

Additional Forms of Payment

We also accept the following as a form of payment for your cruise reservation.

Credit Card Issued-Check

Cashier's Check

Bank Check

Certified Check

Money Order

Western Union ‘Quick Collect’

MoneyGram Express Payment

Bank Wire

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/568/~/forms-of-payment

Our final payment is coming due. the question is can I make the payment(with agent) by ach(check by phone-money is there), since debit cards have limits to what can be drawn daily?

If your debit card has a Visa/MasterCard logo, you can run it as credit to avoid that limit that your bank imposes on it.

If your debit card has a Visa/MasterCard logo, you can run it as credit to avoid that limit that your bank imposes on it.

My bank must be different then. Capital One doesn't make a distinction between credit and debit when it comes to the daily limit on my debit card.

georgia1980, call your bank and ask to temporarily raise the daily limit on your debit card. I have called whichever bank I was using at the time to temporarily raise my daily limit at least three times. The card goes back to the default limit the next day.

My bank must be different then. Capital One doesn't make a distinction between credit and debit when it comes to the daily limit on my debit card.

my captial one card is one of the newer chip cards. When i insert the card into the credit card machine, a prompt pops up that says mastercard credit or captial one debit. If i select credit, the card works as a credit card and charges it as a credit, and debit works like a debit that requires a pin. I also noticed this in the captial one atms too.

my captial one card is one of the newer chip cards. When i insert the card into the credit card machine, a prompt pops up that says mastercard credit or captial one debit. If i select credit, the card works as a credit card and charges it as a credit, and debit works like a debit that requires a pin. I also noticed this in the captial one atms too.

I have a chip card too. It is my 2nd chip card because the back(including the mag stripe) of the 1st chip card was peeling off.

I was referring to the daily transaction limit(not the separate ATM limit). I always choose credit if given the option. In my experience, no bank I have been with has treated a credit transaction any differently than a debit transaction when it comes to the daily limit.

I like that there is a limit to reduce the impact of fraud. It is a pain sometimes when it comes to making large final payments.

Can you just make a smaller payment at the daily limit amount each day up until final payment due or each week depending on how far out the final payment date is?

Mailing a check sounds like a bad idea if short on time.

make daily payments or call your bank to raise the limit, I've done this many times...

It wouldn't matter if I had a million dollars in my Wells Fargo account, They have a $300 daily ATM limit and a $1000 per day purchase limit and will not change the purchase limit, even temporarily.

I have had clients in the past who wanted to use a debit card for large purchases They knew what the daily limit was so we calculated when we had to start pulling payments. We started about 10 days before the final payment, making a payment every 24 hours, until the amount was paid off. Build in a few extra days in case there is a computer problem, a problem at the bank, or a problem with the cruise line processing system.

If you used a travel agent to book the trip they can deposit the check in their bank account and send the money electronically using Funship Pay.

A wire transfer from your bank is another option. If you bank with a credit union, most charge about $10 for an out going payment, and nothing for an incoming transfer. Banks like to fleece you, and charge as much as $35 plus a percent or two of the amount transferred.

It wouldn't matter if I had a million dollars in my Wells Fargo account, They have a $300 daily ATM limit and a $1000 per day purchase limit and will not change the purchase limit, even temporarily.

Sounds like its time to find a new bank....

I paid our entire trip up front using our debit card and it didn't have a problem at all.

I have had clients in the past who wanted to use a debit card for large purchases They knew what the daily limit was so we calculated when we had to start pulling payments. We started about 10 days before the final payment, making a payment every 24 hours, until the amount was paid off. Build in a few extra days in case there is a computer problem, a problem at the bank, or a problem with the cruise line processing system.

If you used a travel agent to book the trip they can deposit the check in their bank account and send the money electronically using Funship Pay.

I wonder if it is dependent on the type of banking you have with Wells Fargo? I use Wells Fargo for banking and I have a $1000 debit / $3000 credit daily limit on my debit visa card. They will call however if it is over $500 on either side just to make sure it was me.

Actually this is on WF's site. I'm sure it is highly dependent on banking history:

minus-button.pngWhat are my daily purchase and cash withdrawal limits?

Your debit card comes with a daily limit on the dollar amount of purchases you can make with your card. And you have a daily cash withdrawal limit at the ATM. Your daily purchase and cash withdrawal limits are printed on the materials that come with your card. Talk to your local Wells Fargo banker or call 1-800-TO-WELLS(1-800-869-3557) to find out more information about your daily limits.

You can also verify your daily limits by visiting your Card Profile Page in Online Banking. Here's how: Once you have signed on to Online Banking, select the Account Services tab and click on the Account Profile link under Account Information. Look for your debit card or ATM card in the drop down box, highlight it and select Go.

minus-button.pngHow do I increase my limits?

Call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557) or talk to a banker at a Wells Fargo location.

Edited by bburk00