What Brand TV on Carnival? CIA Samsung brand?

Je Souhaite

They are just revealing that this brand has the ability to spy on people. I know the topic has come up before questioning the little hole on the top front of the screen.

A little hint for you. Your smart TV, cell phone, automobile and computer have been spying on you for years. :rolleyes:

They are just revealing that this brand has the ability to spy on people. I know the topic has come up before questioning the little hole on the top front of the screen.

I believe the brand is Sonic , When the tv comes on There are 3 Parrots on the screen and it say's Sonic

And besides, Carnival TVs aren't necessarily the state of the art and have HTML features blocked. If you think the CIA is frittering around listening to cruise cabin conversations being transmitted over slow satellite hook ups, I've swamp land in Florida, real cheap...comes with a bridge from NYC down for the winter.;p :D

That little hole is a light sensor. It automatically adjusts the brightness of the TV to the room darkness.

This an early April fools joke?

A bit paranoid???? why in the world would anyone want to spy on you in your stateroom?

Unless you are part of a foreign group on a terrorist list or enemies list, like je ne suis pas Charlie Hebo, or je deteste crosiere, no one is going to be spying on you. Ship security doesn't have cameras in the room and just because the CIA in its' often incompetent actions has the capability, it doesn't mean they fully utilize it or care to.

Yes, but I don't have those things pointing at me in the bedroom.

This is why people pack duck tape. Just rip off a bit and cover up that hole.

Just be very very quiet doing your business in the bedroom because those speakers are two way!:eek:

I don't know whats more shocking, the fact that this is possible or the people that think the government has the amount of employees to monitor every single American citizen all at once. These are ambient light sensors in the TV. Not Uncle Sam checking to see if you're snoring. Some give our government way to much credit.

Any millennial could have told you that LOL.

Any electronic can be "turned" including baby monitors, your Alexa, etc.

Every been in Europe with your smartphone? Chances are extraordinarily high you were monitored.

Hey I'm old, they can monitor all they want on me, boring, but what the Hell.

Dee

Do they actually that much to monitor every Smart TV and Smartphone.

No. The technology is there, where they developed it themselves or got it from donneinne:D. They can use it if necessary and looks like they started out at least using it to track hackers and maybe terrorist groups.

Since the Wikileaks dump yesterday verifying that the CIA has used TVs (and phones and cars) to spy domestically, people are going to panic and double up on their tin foil hats. Can the CIA spy on you through your TV and phone? Sure. The probability that will ever happen to you? Less than 1%.

Yes, but I don't have those things pointing at me in the bedroom.

In all seriousness, Nookie ain't the point of the exercise. I have some limited experience in a segment, of a division, of a subsidiary, of a company that may or may not have some limited expertise in the general field of social engineering, so to speak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_Assistance_for_Law_Enforcement_Act

That was more than 25 years ago. Things have advanced. So, yeah, your smart TV, cell phone, automobile, baby monitor, computer, home security system (how ironic) are all capable of spying on you.

This is one reason I like walking as far as I can down the Beach at Half Moon Cay. Solitude and no electronics. Of course, they're still watching you. :eek:

This comes up every so often. If I remember correctly, the round thing is for the remote. It is NOT a camera. Could you imagine the lawsuits Carnival would subject themselves to by spying on people? How ridiculous. Just some more nonsense to get people riled up.

Bingo on all counts. They congratulate themselves over on their FB page.

Sent from my iPhone