Hot chocolate

I know, I know this is a stupid question but I just have to know. On Carnival they have these hot chocolate machines and the hot chocolate is fantastic. Its addicting. Does RCI have hot chocolate machines or just the packets that you then add hot water to? Thanks

I know, I know this is a stupid question but I just have to know. On Carnival they have these hot chocolate machines and the hot chocolate is fantastic. Its addicting. Does RCI have hot chocolate machines or just the packets that you then add hot water to? Thanks

Just the packets if you don't have a drink package. If you do have a drink package (Refreshment or Deluxe), I believe there is a hot chocolate drink you can have them make for you (not self service) at Cafe Promenade or Cafe Latte-Tudes.

Just the packets if you don't have a drink package. If you do have a drink package (Refreshment or Deluxe), I believe there is a hot chocolate drink you can have them make for you (not self service) at Cafe Promenade or Cafe Latte-Tudes.

Thank you

Sorry...but I for one hate the packets. The best hot chocolate was a purchased one onboard Radiance in Alaska during our Hubbard Glacier visit, it definitely wasn't the same packet offering you can get onboard every ship.

You don't have to have a package if you are willing to pay for the good hot chocolate. You can buy it per cup just like any specialty coffee.

In all the times I have gone into the DL to get a latte or cappuccino from the machine, I never noticed if it made hot chocolate.

In all the times I have gone into the DL to get a latte or cappuccino from the machine, I never noticed if it made hot chocolate.

it doesn't, they have the packets too. HOWEVER.. you can get the steamed milk so I have been known to add a packet to my lattes and make a pseudo mocha.

I am glad you asked this question. I too LOVE the hot chocolate on Carnival. We are taking our first cruise on Royal this coming October to New England/Canada and know we will want some warm drinks. It's a bummer that they just have the packets.

it doesn't, they have the packets too. HOWEVER.. you can get the steamed milk so I have been known to add a packet to my lattes and make a pseudo mocha.

Let me see if I understand this 'cooking' suggestion. Put a hot chocolate package in one of the 'to go cups', then choose the steamed milk option. Then make a 2nd choice of Latte, and have a latte-mocha mix.....sounds great. I know that the 'to go cups' do hold two servings, because I do it that all the time.

Let me see if I understand this 'cooking' suggestion. Put a hot chocolate package in one of the 'to go cups', then choose the steamed milk option. Then make a 2nd choice of Latte, and have a latte-mocha mix.....sounds great. I know that the 'to go cups' do hold two servings, because I do it that all the time.

I also pour a packet in one of the to go cups and press the steam milk button a few times until the cup fills. Actually pretty tasty!

They are terrible with hot water....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I don't have hot chocolate advice, but just wanted to say that's not a stupid question. That's what these boards are for to get knowledge from each other. Hope you have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

THIS!!! :)

And I love all the hot chocolate hacks that followed this response!

yup. this assumes the machine is actually functioning......

yup. this assumes the machine is actually functioning......

That is very true. We just returned from Freedom and it actually worked for the entire week. I think someone must have serviced it later in the evenings as it was always functional around 5 AM when I am usually looking for my first cup of the day.

I found using the steamed milk option from the coffee machines made the drink too sweet for me.

A trick I have found useful and it does depend on the staff working but I get some milk in a 'to go cup' and pop along to Café Promenade (and on the odd occasions the Starbucks counter) and ask them to heat the milk up using the steamer thing on their coffee machine, I then mix in the sachet.

As I said depends on the staff as some are more than happy to help, while others will not even consider it. Have also got this done at the bar as you go in to the Windjammer.

I don't have hot chocolate advice, but just wanted to say that's not a stupid question. That's what these boards are for to get knowledge from each other. Hope you have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks