Vision, Dubai Port

Hi Guys,

I know you get a time to board with RCI but for those who's been to Dubai on Vision, has anyone booked the flight and cruise separately? As I wont be taken to the hotel first (didn't realize they did this :() what time can I turn up to the port if my flight gets in at 8am? Is there somewhere I can chill out and wait?

I did ask for suggestions on what to do whilst I wait but I'd rather just get to the port and wait....if I'm allowed to.

Thanks

Dean

We only flew into Dubai once, but it was a very busy airport. It took at least an hour to get through customs. By the time you deplane, get through the airport and customs it will likely be mid morning. You can head over to the port. If you are interested, there is a nice duty free shop (at the airport) if you want to carry some wine on board.

If you have a later departure, you may be able to hire a taxi, take a quick tour of that amazing city and then go to the port.

enjoy

M

We only flew into Dubai once, but it was a very busy airport. It took at least an hour to get through customs. By the time you deplane, get through the airport and customs it will likely be mid morning. You can head over to the port. If you are interested, there is a nice duty free shop (at the airport) if you want to carry some wine on board.

If you have a later departure, you may be able to hire a taxi, take a quick tour of that amazing city and then go to the port.

enjoy

M

This was my experience as well. Excellent advice. Also, as you will be spending the last night of the cruise in Dubai, this will give you a chance to see the city if you aren't able to on embarkation day. Have a great cruise!

We purchased our duty free at the airport in the uk and took it with us as the duty free in dubai is very expensive, our plane arrived at 8am too but we were going to the hotel as we booked it as a package.

We were exhausted when we came off the plane and wouldn't have considered doing anything other than breakfast and getting to the port, that however was our experience - maybe others have a bit more energy coming off the flight. We however did not :)

We purchased our duty free at the airport in the uk and took it with us as the duty free in dubai is very expensive, our plane arrived at 8am too but we were going to the hotel as we booked it as a package.

We were exhausted when we came off the plane and wouldn't have considered doing anything other than breakfast and getting to the port, that however was our experience - maybe others have a bit more energy coming off the flight. We however did not :)

I was shocked at the prices at the duty free. Hardly a bargain!

I was shocked at the prices at the duty free. Hardly a bargain!

My thoughts exactly, we got a couple of bottles of really nice wine to take on the ship @ £7.50 a bottle at glasgow airport, dubai duty free wanted £15 for the same bottle! I don't think so! :o

Wow thanks everyone, I'm staying in Dubai for 3 nights after so like Kittencruiser I just want to be on the ship on a sun lounger ASAP, plus the amount I paid for the drinks package I'm not buying anymore drink haha.

I'll just take my time at the airport and head straight there.

Cheers!

We have made our own way to the port for the past 2 years on this itinerary. Our flight landed just before 8am and by 10.30 we were on board, settled on a sunbed. The terminal is very quiet & check in is a breeze, as the guests doing the RCI transfers do not arrive until later.

Hi Guys,

I know you get a time to board with RCI but for those who's been to Dubai on Vision, has anyone booked the flight and cruise separately? As I wont be taken to the hotel first (didn't realize they did this :() what time can I turn up to the port if my flight gets in at 8am? Is there somewhere I can chill out and wait?

I did ask for suggestions on what to do whilst I wait but I'd rather just get to the port and wait....if I'm allowed to.

Thanks

Dean

We are doing the same...better to wait in the cruise terminal and get on asap.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our flight arrived around midnight/1am the day of sailing. We booked the Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport which included free transport to the hotel and free hot breakfast. The hotel is only two star but it was modern and fine for a few hours sleep/shower and freshen up before going to the cruise terminal around 11am later that morning. The hotel was around £80. The only problem was I had booked a non smoking room but when shown into our room at 2 am in the morning it was definitely a smoking room !!. Too tried to complain - probably at that time it was all they had left. Mentioned it to the front desk on check out and they were very apologetic and provided us with a hotel car to take us to the port free of charge as an apology.

We also got our two bottles of wine at Heathrow duty free for around £8 a bottle. Also pre-booked two bottles of wine through the RC gift website - still expensive but cheaper than buying on board and nice to get it pre paid before the cruise. Only problem was on the front page of the first day cruise compass was a paragraph stating that there was a corkage charge for consuming outside staterooms. Because of this we didn't take into dinning room - not sure if this was a mistake as I always thought RC did not have corkage anymore?

Our flight is due to land at 8am on Monday and we are apparently being taken to Le Metidien hotel for breakfast and check in but does any one know if we could get a cab straight to port and hopefully be on ship earlier, if so, any ideas on cost of cab from airport to port? TIA for any advice x

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Dean

Hi Dean! My husband and I just returned from Dubai a couple of weeks ago. We did not cruise from there only visited the city and surrounding areas. The city is AMAZING so hopefully you'll get to explore it BUT as another person stated, you will be exhausted when you get off the flight. We flew from the states and that long international flight was a beating. I'd suggest a quick tour of the city via cab (not Lexus cab because it's more expensive) en route to the cruise terminal and then exploring more extensively upon disembarkation. Hope this helps. Have fun!!!! [emoji2][emoji2] We had a blast in Dubai!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

enjoy

M

Yes it took us awhile too but baggage claim actually took the longest for us! We even joked that the luggage must've fallen into the ocean along the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums