Alfredo's

js92570

The worst thing about Alfredo's is that it's not on many ships. We were pretty pleased to find that Coral had Alfredo's pizza in Sabatini's for lunch. We are not fans of the pizza up on Lido deck.

In addition to the pasta be sure and try the antipasti and the veal ravioli. 💜💜

Alfredos does not offer the pasta on some ships. I like the eggplant stuffed with angel hair pasta. DH likes the calzone. Neither are offered on the Grand Alfredo, just pizza.

The worst thing about Alfredo's is that it's not on many ships. We were pretty pleased to find that Coral had Alfredo's pizza in Sabatini's for lunch. We are not fans of the pizza up on Lido deck.

We aren't a fan of the pizza on the Lido deck, either. We are sailing on the Grand next month and are really looking forward to trying Alfredo's! Do they make small, individual pizzas made to order? Or, are the pizza's already made and you pick which slices you want?

We aren't a fan of the pizza on the Lido deck, either. We are sailing on the Grand next month and are really looking forward to trying Alfredo's! Do they make small, individual pizzas made to order? Or, are the pizza's already made and you pick which slices you want?

The pizzas are made to order individualized pizzas. On the Grand you can walk over to the International Cafe and pick out a salad you might like to have with your pizza and just bring it over to your table and have it along with your pie.

BTW, I thought I didn't like the pizzas up on Lido because the one time I tried it, I didn't care for the slice I was handed. After a few rave reviews from my husband of a particular one he loved, I tried it and it was fantastic. Maybe it's just the timing but I'm glad I gave it another chance because I find them quite tasty and they are more like the traditional New York style that I came accustomed to when living on the east coast. Alfredos are good but they are more crusty and more of an artisan style.

We love the Alfredo's on the Royal and Regal. Great for a relaxing lunch when we board the ship instead of dealing with crowds on deck 16 heading to the buffet. In October, we were on the Coral and tried their version of Alfredo's one afternoon - very disappointed with the limited menu of pizza, service was slow and after 45 minutes got partially cooked pizza. IMO, if Princess wants to offer Alfredo's as an optional dining venue on all of their ships, then go all out with the full menu and do it right.

Darcy

The pizzas are made to order individualized pizzas. On the Grand you can walk over to the International Cafe and pick out a salad you might like to have with your pizza and just bring it over to your table and have it along with your pie.

BTW, I thought I didn't like the pizzas up on Lido because the one time I tried it, I didn't care for the slice I was handed. After a few rave reviews from my husband of a particular one he loved, I tried it and it was fantastic. Maybe it's just the timing but I'm glad I gave it another chance because I find them quite tasty and they are more like the traditional New York style that I came accustomed to when living on the east coast. Alfredos are good but they are more crusty and more of an artisan style.

Thanks! We've tried the Lido pizza several times, especially after reading how many people here really liked it. We decided on the last cruise to grab a piece to see if we liked it better. Sadly, we didn't. We didn't hate it, but we just found it ok. We've never had traditional New York Style pizza, but we love our deep dish Chicago style ones!

What are your free drink choices there?

Water, iced tea.

If you have been served iced tea at Alfredo's, or any casual dining venue or specialty restaurant, know that your waiter made a special trip for you to the MDR or Horizon Court as those are the only places iced tea is available. Purchasing a beverage (if you do not have the AIBP or Soda & More) is an eminently reasonable expectation when visiting any no-charge alternative dining. And in a specialty restaurant I would be downright embarrassed to say "just a glass of water" when offered bar service (but that's just me).

If you have been served iced tea at Alfredo's, or any casual dining venue or specialty restaurant, know that your waiter made a special trip for you to the MDR or Horizon Court as those are the only places iced tea is available. Purchasing a beverage (if you do not have the AIBP or Soda & More) is an eminently reasonable expectation when visiting any no-charge alternative dining. And in a specialty restaurant I would be downright embarrassed to say "just a glass of water" when offered bar service (but that's just me).

Really? Water is what I drink with virtually every meal (at home or eating out). I've never been embarrassed (but that's just me). :)

Alfredo's serves an individual pie on a dinner plate, the same way they do in Italy. It is supposed to feed one person. The crust is somewhat thin and crisp, with mozzarella cheese applied as they do in Italy. (not the shredded package stuff.) I love Alfredos.

Thanks! We've tried the Lido pizza several times, especially after reading how many people here really liked it. We decided on the last cruise to grab a piece to see if we liked it better. Sadly, we didn't. We didn't hate it, but we just found it ok. We've never had traditional New York Style pizza, but we love our deep dish Chicago style ones!

You may not find Alfredo's to your liking either. The crust is a relatively thin crust. We are not deep dish fans so it suits us fine. Do try it and try some of the different topings offered. You may like it anyway. :)

To us the Lido deck pizza isn't very appealing but we absolutely love Alfredo's, especially the seafood pizza.

We're yet to be on a ship that has the pasta dishes but we'll be on the Regal later this year and can't wait to try them.