Yc drinks not shipwide april1 davina sailing

marti2282

Got my e-tickets today for the April 1 sailing on Divina.

Had hoped as reported here, on April 1 we would have access to complimentary drinks shipwide. However, the "What is included" section, it says "... in Yacth Club venues and en-suite mini bar."

So unless, the paperwork hasn't caught up with policy changes, we'll be spending most of our time in the Top Sail. :)

Got my e-tickets today for the April 1 sailing on Divina.

Had hoped as reported here, on April 1 we would have access to complimentary drinks shipwide. However, the "What is included" section, it says "... in Yacth Club venues and en-suite mini bar."

So unless, the paperwork hasn't caught up with policy changes, we'll be spending most of our time in the Top Sail. :)

Missed it by two weeks...oh well.

I am sure it starts April 1st

An MSC rep told me she was so sorry that we will just miss that perk by one week, so close !

We are sailing o March 25th :O(

But from the second half of the cruise, from 1 April until disembarking, we should have the perk!?

I am sure it starts April 1st

An MSC rep told me she was so sorry that we will just miss that perk by one week, so close !

We are sailing o March 25th :O(

Hope you're right! Will know for sure very soon...

Will the menu be all inclusive or limited to those without the red stars?

It'll more than likely be the basic all-inclusive - not the premium. As it is, some of the cheapest brands of brandy on the bar menus outside of YC are the only ones available in YC - awful stuff! I used to get a drinks package for the rest of the ship and could get better brandy outside of YC as a result! Now that they're introducing this, I'll be asking the bartenders in YC if they can provide me with my brand of choice.

It'll more than likely be the basic all-inclusive - not the premium. As it is, some of the cheapest brands of brandy on the bar menus outside of YC are the only ones available in YC - awful stuff! I used to get a drinks package for the rest of the ship and could get better brandy outside of YC as a result! Now that they're introducing this, I'll be asking the bartenders in YC if they can provide me with my brand of choice.
Will be sailing on MSC for the first time on the Seaside in January in the YC and it looks like I will not be getting the brands of alcohol that I usually consume on Celebrity, RCI, NCL and Carnival. Crown Royal, Grey Goose, Don Julio or Patron, Pyrat rum, to name a few. When I think of the ship within a ship concept, I was assuming higher end product would be included. I guess it will possibly be just one of the differences between Americanized and European cruising. At least the pizza and gelato should be better. ;p

Yeah ............... those brands are available on the premium drinks package which I would have assumed would have been available in YC. Everything else is supposed to be premium in YC!

I was pretty shocked when I discovered that YC didn't even stock a basic Hennessy cognac which was on the basic all-inclusive drinks package which I had - but it only applied to the rest of the ship!

In fairness, though, MSC YC prices are (usually) far cheaper and better value than the likes of NCL and X so, even paying for the higher-end brands is still going to come in at $$$ less.

I just got my documents for May 13 sailing on Divina. On my YC amenities page it says "...unlimited drinks in YC and in all bars on the ship (options may vary at venues.)"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well at least we know for sure it's going to happen. Just wish it was happening earlier and included us!

Remember that you can always grab something from your mini-bar and take it elsewhere.

Take a vodka or gin and then buy a mixer or try vodka and one of the juices out of the dispensers in the buffet, or carry a few beers out.

We with simple tastes should be fine until April 1.

gary

It's unfortunate that there's no start-up date to give clarity. I can understand if a cruise is mid-itinerary, but with Divina, she begins her route that week on 1st April which would make it very easy to implement the ship-wide all-inclusive deal. It's going to be a bit more messy in the Med as the ships don't have a definitive start/finish port due to embarkation/disembarkation ports along the route which will mean that, at some point, there will be those onboard a few days before they can avail of the scheme.

• 3 weeks later...
Embarked Divina on April 1 with yacht club and we are getting free drinks outside the yacht club. Sometimes they will give you a $0 bill for some reason.

That's great news! I purchased the tickets for our April 22 cruise. I guess I'll go cancel the order and expect the best!

Embarked Divina on April 1 with yacht club and we are getting free drinks outside the yacht club. Sometimes they will give you a $0 bill for some reason.

All-inclusive private restaurant, unlimited drinks in all MSC Yacht Club areas* or your minbar.

*Starting Summer 2017, unlimited beverage selection will also be available in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selection available in the each venue.

Yay, Summer has begun. The zero bill is for the opportunity of extra tipping.