$7.95 Room Service Charge

If you can't Google here is one of the top results. Rci's behavior fits perfectly.

False Advertising

"Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities" (Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C.A. § 1125(a)).

Proof Requirement

To establish that an advertisement is false, a plaintiff must prove five things: (1) a false statement of fact has been made about the advertiser's own or another person's goods, services, or commercial activity; (2) the statement either deceives or has the potential to deceive a substantial portion of its targeted audience; (3) the deception is also likely to affect the purchasing decisions of its audience; (4) the advertising involves goods or services in interstate commerce; and (5) the deception has either resulted in or is likely to result in injury to the plaintiff. The most heavily weighed factor is the advertisement's potential to injure a customer. The injury is usually attributed to money the consumer lost through a purchase that would not have been made had the advertisement not been misleading. False statements can be defined in two ways: those that are false on their face and those that are implicitly false.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

The room service was free when RCI was advertising that on their website with the exception of the late night charge. However they have chosen to change that, which they are within their rights to do. They have updated their website advising of the new charge and when it will be effective.

They have chosen to stand behind their change and have stated they will not be offering compensation. Maybe you'll have better luck complaining on the ship and getting them to offer to refund the charges. But at this point there's nothing more you can do unless you want to take legal action.

And someone else will always defend the billion-dollar companies to their dying breath, because in their eyes the billion-dollar companies can do no wrong, no matter what they take away. It balances out.

Old menu bad

New menu good

Works for me.

And yes, I know that does not address the implementation issue. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

If you can't Google here is one of the top results. Rci's behavior fits perfectly.

False Advertising

"Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities" (Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C.A. § 1125(a)).

I think you will have a hard time meeting the amount in controversy requirement for a federal claim, and you will then be subject to the waivers you made in the contract for arbitration and choice of venue. You will spend more $ filing (that's before you pay an attorney fee) than the claim is worth. As stated above, the best bet is a local claim, based on a stricter state statute that can not be waved, nor does the state allow the claim to be moved.

The room service was free when RCI was advertising that on their website with the exception of the late night charge. However they have chosen to change that, which they are within their rights to do. They have updated their website advising of the new charge and when it will be effective.

They have chosen to stand behind their change and have stated they will not be offering compensation. Maybe you'll have better luck complaining on the ship and getting them to offer to refund the charges. But at this point there's nothing more you can do unless you want to take legal action.

I still don't understand why you're posting on this thread. You've made it clear you don't care about this change and you're just on here telling people to suck it up. Why?

I think you will have a hard time meeting the amount in controversy requirement for a federal claim, and you will then be subject to the waivers you made in the contract for arbitration and choice of venue. You will spend more $ filing (that's before you pay an attorney fee) than the claim is worth. As stated above, the best bet is a local claim, based on a stricter state statute that can not be waved, nor does the state allow the claim to be moved.

I haven't said anything word about heading to court. Yet 2/3 of these replies are telling me what a waste of time and money it would be.

I still don't understand why you're posting on this thread. You've made it clear you don't care about this change and you're just on here telling people to suck it up. Why?

I could ask the same of you. You wrote them, they responded. They didn't give you what you want. If you don't intend to pursue the matter legally why continue with complaining about it?

If you don't intend to pursue the matter legally why continue with complaining about it?
That's actually an interesting question. In another thread a little while ago I expressed some concern about how well we posters, as a group, are doing with regard to helping newcomers and first-timers get the most out of their cruising experiences. Are we doing a good job fostering a clear understanding of what things cost and what you get for them? Are we doing a good job fostering expectations that we, based on our experience, know are likely to be satisfied? I'd hate to think that there are people who come to these forums and get a whole bunch of mistaken impressions of what they can expect aboard ship, because they've conversed with folks who are sharing their hopes in spite of their knowledge. Anyway, I think this topic is really beaten down. I'm unfollowing.

I haven't said anything word about heading to court. Yet 2/3 of these replies are telling me what a waste of time and money it would be.

I'm sorry, but as an attorney when someone quotes a federal statue I simply assume they intend to take legal action. I was providing you advice for free that I would normally charge to provide.

Listen, I hate the change. I have a cruise in just a few weeks so I am caught with this change. This was just badly executed. The proper way to do this was to implement this on all future bookings. I feel like Charlie on the MTA looking for my nickel. It is not hyperbolic to worry that if I were to travel with RC again, they could add a fee for the MDR, or to use the flowrider / rock wall / kids club, after I am paid in full. Again, adding such a fee is their prerogative, just like choosing to sail with RC or another line is mine, but doing it on completed bookings that were told there would be no fee for the service makes me lose trust in the management and will possibly cause me to spend my vacation $ elsewhere.

Making the change on future bookings, or at least only on people that have not paid in full would be far more fair. It’s smart from a customer service point of view since I would not be upset if the rule was in place when I decided to book. It’s smart from a management point of view, since it lets them gauge the impact it has on bookings. This single decision has soured my view RC, for the above stated reasons. Let’s just hope they do not start charging an exit fare while I am on the cruise and demand more $ to get off. Sing with me… “Did he ever return? No he never returned. And his fate is still unlearn'd”

That being said, the contract I signed gives me limited (but not no) rights. There are state law that RC either did not consider, or more likely, assume will be utilized with such infrequency that it does not matter. On my cruise, I will like order RS a few times. When I am back, I may make a strongly worded request that they refund my fees. my guess is they will figure it's worth $25 to not deal with me. we will see.

ohn&LaLa;52612726]Old menu bad

New menu good

Works for me.

And yes, I know that does not address the implementation issue. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Old menu- Hamburger and fries - complimentary

New menu- Hamburger and fries- $7.95.

Oh, wait a minute, they gave the Hamburger a new name, it is now the Royal Burger. I wonder, In what other way did they improve that meal? That name must account for the change in price.....:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but as an attorney when someone quotes a federal statue I simply assume they intend to take legal action. I was providing you advice for free that I would normally charge to provide.

Listen, I hate the change. I have a cruise in just a few weeks so I am caught with this change. This was just badly executed. The proper way to do this was to implement this on all future bookings. I feel like Charlie on the MTA looking for my nickel. It is not hyperbolic to worry that if I were to travel with RC again, they could add a fee for the MDR, or to use the flowrider / rock wall / kids club, after I am paid in full. Again, adding such a fee is their prerogative, just like choosing to sail with RC or another line is mine, but doing it on completed bookings that were told there would be no fee for the service makes me lose trust in the management and will possibly cause me to spend my vacation $ elsewhere.

Making the change on future bookings, or at least only on people that have not paid in full would be far more fair. It’s smart from a customer service point of view since I would not be upset if the rule was in place when I decided to book. It’s smart from a management point of view, since it lets them gauge the impact it has on bookings. This single decision has soured my view RC, for the above stated reasons. Let’s just hope they do not start charging an exit fare while I am on the cruise and demand more $ to get off. Sing with me… “Did he ever return? No he never returned. And his fate is still unlearn'd”

That being said, the contract I signed gives me limited (but not no) rights. There are state law that RC either did not consider, or more likely, assume will be utilized with such infrequency that it does not matter. On my cruise, I will like order RS a few times. When I am back, I may make a strongly worded request that they refund my fees. my guess is they will figure it's worth $25 to not deal with me. we will see.

I just wish CC had a 'like' button for posts like yours. (y)

I could ask the same of you. You wrote them, they responded. They didn't give you what you want. If you don't intend to pursue the matter legally why continue with complaining about it?

Why don't you just ignore this thread if it bothers you so much? Then you can stop complaining about those who are complaining.

Why are people not emailing RC about this? They reversed themselves on getting rid of the under six month C and A discount.

They may be. Certainly a lot of people on this thread asked for MBayley's email to do just that. People are posting their opinions on Facebook every day also, but since those are mainly negative , get deleted rapidly.

Why don't you just ignore this thread if it bothers you so much? Then you can stop complaining about those who are complaining.

I responded to a question. Also when did people decide this thread was only allowed to be used to complain about the charge? Those of us who have decided to accept the decision, regardless of if we agree with it or not, have just as much right to express our viewpoints.

So you don't have an answer then. Got it.

Why are people not emailing RC about this? They reversed themselves on getting rid of the under six month C and A discount.

They may be. Certainly a lot of people on this thread asked for MBayley's email to do just that. People are posting their opinions on Facebook every day also, but since those are mainly negative , get deleted rapidly.

I emailed, but have not received a response as of yet. At least they have finally updated their website. Still doesn't help us since we are a month after it rolls out.

Making the change on future bookings, or at least only on people that have not paid in full would be far more fair.

What would be fair to all those booking outside of NA rules where cancellation without a penalty is not possible?

Biker, who is no way ready to whip out the dead horse on this one but will sit back and enjoy the entertainment. T- 6 days.

So, if I order warm cookies for $7.95, and they're not warm when they get to me, I'll just keep ordering until they are, and complain to GS and have them remove the charges, since they didn't bring what I ordered.

Of course, if they ARE warm the first time, I will be a very happy girl.

:) :)

What would be fair to all those booking outside of NA rules where cancellation without a penalty is not possible?

Biker, who is no way ready to whip out the dead horse on this one but will sit back and enjoy the entertainment. T- 6 days.

But I'm an American - most of the time I forget there are people outside of NA! ;p

I did a couple of days ago to C&A. Expressed my disappointment with this change for our upcoming 12 nite Medit. cruise which encompasses early tours and room service was a good option rather than fight the masses in the WJ or MDR. Confirmed receipt, but no answer back yet.

Wow, I just read the previous 2 pages and the lawyers are getting into it. It's making my head hurt. I think I'll got to the thread where this Pax is complaining about the cabin on Liberty as her child is in the bunk bed above theirs and affected their sex life during the cruise.