$7.95 Room Service Charge

Unless you have at least an Owner's Suite, where are all those plates going to get put?

Don't Grand Suites have a bar top as well? We stacked them neatly, and called room service to come get them. Unfortunately our cabin steward ended up taking them away.

FWIW, I can't see someone in a std cabin being able to host an event that would need that much food anyway

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Room Service was one of the highlights of the cruise. We liked to order Bfast on port days so we could just eat then get off the ship. My husband loved clicking through the tv and ordering at night when we were back in the cabin. I felt bad that I didn't tip the waiter. I didn't get out of bed since I was in my pjs. The poor waiter cut his eyes away from me. It was a bit awkward and the waiter moved so quick to get out of the room. I think it is good to take one dollar bills and just leave them on the table and tell them to take it-quickly!!! With the new fee, I am thinking it takes the place of the tip?

I don't mind the fee really. Like the soda package, I just enjoy the vacation and not to worry. My biggest concern is that my husband will flip out. He is cheap. If the fee could be hid from him, it would work fine

Room Service was one of the highlights of the cruise. We liked to order Bfast on port days so we could just eat then get off the ship. My husband loved clicking through the tv and ordering at night when we were back in the cabin. I felt bad that I didn't tip the waiter. I didn't get out of bed since I was in my pjs. The poor waiter cut his eyes away from me. It was a bit awkward and the waiter moved so quick to get out of the room. I think it is good to take one dollar bills and just leave them on the table and tell them to take it-quickly!!! With the new fee, I am thinking it takes the place of the tip?

I don't mind the fee really. Like the soda package, I just enjoy the vacation and not to worry. My biggest concern is that my husband will flip out. He is cheap. If the fee could be hid from him, it would work fine

I am going to chastise you about your post, which is something I try not to do. Yes, you should have tipped the room service waiter. It is not difficult to leave a few dollars in the card slot next to the door, where the, do not disturb cards are kept. Whomever answers the door can give it to the delivery person. And they are used to seeing people in their PJs.

I am very sorry about the state of your affairs if you would consider hiding an $8 charge from your spouse. It really seems as though it is something that could be discussed without issue, and a decision could be reached about whether you think it is worth the charge to order room service.

And personally, I think we will still give a dollar or two to the delivery person, in spite of the charge.

I have not read this whole thread, but it doesn't matter anyway. In my opinion if I happened to think the $7.95 charge was too much or whatever, very easy, I just wouldn't call room service to make an order. I personally think it is quite reasonable. It is a choice that I don't mind paying if we want the food delivered to our door.

And yes, the staff who delivers the order should be tipped in line with how large the order was.

So I'm paying a daily gratuity then another lets say 18 percent for that service and then maybe another 18 percent to bar tender for a drink that I already paid gratuity to. To a staff that is working there shift (that I'm tipping on). Well we,are,generous tippers but not at 38 percent.

I have not read this whole thread, but it doesn't matter anyway. In my opinion if I happened to think the $7.95 charge was too much or whatever, very easy, I just wouldn't call room service to make an order. I personally think it is quite reasonable. It is a choice that I don't mind paying if we want the food delivered to our door.

And yes, the staff who delivers the order should be tipped in line with how large the order was.

The issue here sense you haven't read the whole post is that they implemented this charge for cruiser already paid in full and for some on a budget wanting it planning on this service daily without notice.

Maybe they should,pay employees a,living wage and include everything in the cost.

So I'm paying a daily gratuity then another lets say 18 percent for that service and then maybe another 18 percent to bar tender for a drink that I already paid gratuity to. To a staff that is working there shift (that I'm tipping on). Well we,are,generous tippers but not at 38 percent.

On our next cruise gratuities are plus 15% of the cost of the cruise before we get on board

That's why I added 'personally'. We only vacation a few times a year, and don't really worry about incidental costs. :)

I don´t quite understand your post.:confused:

For what Service do you pay 18% on top of your already paid daily gratuity?

For what drink are you paying 18% that you have already paid gratuity for?

You know the daily gratuity does not include bar Service and room Service, so they are not covered in the daily grat. and you are not paying 18% on top of anything.

Not sure where 38% are coming from:confused:.

The issue here sense you haven't read the whole post is that they implemented this charge for cruiser already paid in full and for some on a budget wanting it planning on this service daily without notice.

Maybe they should,pay employees a,living wage and include everything in the cost.

Maybe they should and I wouldn´t have a Problem with it, as to me it´s already built in the Price. Only bottom line Counts for me, so booking a cruise I always compare Prices with stuff like this included.

However I bet the cheapos who usually skip grats wouldn´t be happy about this.;p

If you read the room,service charge it states " It includes gratuity"...

This is the most critical detail. There is no "should" here. There is a fee that will be assessed. It includes the gratuity.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I like the system that Royal has in place now.....

Tipping separates the good from the bad. If everyone is paid the same it takes out the incentive for excellent customer service.

IMO

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

This is the most critical detail. There is no "should" here. There is a fee that will be assessed. It includes the gratuity.

I guess, but $8.00 is a pretty hefty tip compared to my room service tip on Oasis last October.

Burt

Common sense tells you it's a gratuity
"Common sense" tells you it "includes" the gratuity. Taking the cruise line at its word makes more sense than imposing specific words and concepts to what they've written that would make what they're doing sound bad in some way (i.e., imposing too high of a gratuity).

I was trying to consider what Beachdude's point was, and I guessed that the old $3.95 fee never said anything about about it being or including the gratuity. Of course, one interpretation of that is that the $7.95 fee could be the old overnight $3.95 "fee" extended to 24 hours, plus a $4 gratuity. Regardless, it includes the gratuity now, and it really doesn't matter what it used to be.