Water Bottle question - filling on board, etc

mouseterd1

I'm trying to decide whether or not to bring my own stainless insulated water bottle.

I can't recall what the do's/don'ts (or ease of) about filling water into it from the Lido are....or is there another option to fill on board. I'm not really all that happy about drinking commercially filled bottled water either (and I know there is always the bring it aboard option) or pay for it if purchased on board. Thank you for your comments.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to bring my own stainless insulated water bottle.

I can't recall what the do's/don'ts (or ease of) about filling water into it from the Lido are....or is there another option to fill on board. I'm not really all that happy about drinking commercially filled bottled water either (and I know there is always the bring it aboard option) or pay for it if purchased on board. Thank you for your comments.

You can fill your water bottle on board. Just make sure that the mouth is wide enough that you can safely pour the water into it at a bit of a distance from the spout. For hygenic reasons, they request that your water bottle not touch the spout for the water.

The Eurodam had pitchers and an honest to goodness bottle filling station in December. I never noticed the bottle fill before - but I've been known to miss a thing or two.

The Eurodam had pitchers and an honest to goodness bottle filling station in December. I never noticed the bottle fill before - but I've been known to miss a thing or two.

POA1 - was this in the Lido area? Did you notice if it only worked on wide-mouth bottles? My two favorite travel bottles are not wide.

POA1 - was this in the Lido area? Did you notice if it only worked on wide-mouth bottles? My two favorite travel bottles are not wide.

Yes, it was. It was a fairly high spout and kind of reminded me of an inverse water fountain. You probably couldn't refill a bottle with a narrow neck like a soda bottle, but most water bottles would probably be fine. If you are worried, buy an inexpensive plastic funnel and take it with you.

I apologize for not taking a photo. We had the Elite Beverage Package, so water bottles did not come into play for us.

You can fill your water bottle on board. Just make sure that the mouth is wide enough that you can safely pour the water into it at a bit of a distance from the spout. For hygenic reasons, they request that your water bottle not touch the spout for the water.

Yes, it was. It was a fairly high spout and kind of reminded me of an inverse water fountain. You probably couldn't refill a bottle with a narrow neck like a soda bottle, but most water bottles would probably be fine. If you are worried, buy an inexpensive plastic funnel and take it with you.

I apologize for not taking a photo. We had the Elite Beverage Package, so water bottles did not come into play for us.

Thanks POA1 - you explained that better than I did ;)

There was a bottle filling station on the Westerdam in April 2015.many times a lido steward would fill our water bottles for us as would our room steward (he offered but we didn't want to add to his morning work load) but he brought us ice. In really hot and humid ports we filled one bottle with lemonade which was effective quenching our thirst.

We usually take a couple of water bottles each and fill them with water from our cabin sink and then store them in the fridge in our cabin. They are there nice and cold and ready to go whenever we need them.

My bottles have a 1.5in. diameter, so bigger than a soda bottle. I don't drink soda and I'll save my alcoholic consumption to a glass of wine at dinner and maybe a good vodka straight up as a pre or post dinner drink. I drink water the rest of the time at home, so I'll drink water on vacation,too. I already have a plastic funnel in my travel pantry, so I'll bring it with me.

I suspect it is the same water as that in the Lido.

The only difference is that the water dispenser in the lido, as well as all water dispensers in the MDR and other restaurants, the ice machines, and the bar guns, have a carbon filter on them to remove the chlorine, your cabin sink does not. The chlorine removal is for maintenance reasons, not taste management.