Million Dollar Baby Needing Help Getting In Touch With NCL Executives

toyotaford

IMO, you are approaching this the wrong way. It's 100% plausible to me that your PCC can't make any of these decisions, and you would need to escalate to someone higher.

Did you read the original post? That's exactly what the OP is trying to do.

So trying to understand the logic here. I will be sailing with a group of 16 friends and family. We do this every year. Should I expect a break on moving is all into the haven?

We each paid for our cabins separately. If we pool our money together and pay for our cabins from one account would that make us "special" enough to get a break on haven pricing or guaranteed upgrade below what others may bid?

If I am following what you are saying the answer is "yes" somebody paying for a block of cabins should get preferential pricing.

See the top of that slippery slope there?

If you booked 10 cabins why aren't you working with he groups department rather than a pcc to begin with?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am working with the groups department. My agent is stilled called a PCC. She handles my account whether I am booking 1 cabin or 50.

Do Try the Executive Resolution desk 1-800-327-9020 ext. 7599

I tried that number yesterday but did not have that specific extension. I just ask for the executive offices. The lady who answered the line when I was transferred did answer executive something and when I explained what I was trying to do put me on hold. She came back and said she had talked to the revenue department and I would have to have each cabin go through the bid process individually. So I was back to where I was a week ago Monday.

But I did send an email to Andy Stuart using the address someone gave me on here last night and got a response from him this morning.

Everything about this thread makes me nauseous. From the title, to the original post's content, to all of the OP's responses, it wreaks of entitlement and is so disrespectful.

I think it's great that you have built a business that allows you to have great successes and go on company trips. I think Mom and Pop businesses are wonderful and necessary. What I don't think is wonderful is flaunting it on these boards, describing how large your cruise budget is and then complaining about NCL not cutting you a deal.

You may be a Mom and Pop business but NCL is not. To you spending approximately $1 million on cruises over the last years would make you the equivalent of a top customer at your business and the biggest fish in the sea but to NCL you're one of many. NCL's bidding system offers opportunities to its cruisers to upgrade to rooms they normally wouldn't go after while helping NCL maximize their earnings. It's genius.. To cut you a deal just because you are a loyal customer undermines that completely on two levels. First, those customers on your sailing who put in bids that would have been accepted on other sailings may not because a loyal (or I'd say loyally entitled) customer swooped in and took that opportunity away from them. Second, NCL doesn't maximize its earnings by cutting you a deal when other customers may have been willing to spend more. The rules of the upgrade program are stated clearly and fairly. I don't think NCL wronged you in any way to warrant this rant of yours.

Another question: how is loyalty defined? No matter how much money you spend, I wouldn't define you as loyal when you turn your back and bad mouth a company the first time they do something you don't agree with. Loyalty goes both ways. You seem to have little to no respect for NCL. I don't care how many millions you spend on cruises. Through your past cruises you've earned the right to have additional perks, as described. You don't earn the right to be above the rules. Furthermore, is someone who sails NCL at the innermost Guaranteed rate because they can't afford to spend millions not loyal? Should they come here to complain if NCL won't give them a minor upgrade to a balcony for $50?

And one last question on loyalty. This is a company trip. I assume you're paying for the company to stay in these rooms. Do you consider all people sailing with you as loyal as you are? You're footing the bill but the passengers may be on one of their first sailings. You're not all Platinum Plus status. In this case, I don't think they deserve any special treatment to bypass the regular upgrade channels just because the person paying is "loyal" and has spent $1 million dollars on cruises. Once again, it's complete entitlement to believe that if someone has the money they should be able to buy their way the ways of all their friends and family to the top. I could maybe begin to see an argument you but not for everyone attached to your reservation.

I would be surprised if NCL makes things right in your eyes. And quite frankly, if NCL does, I would be very disappointed. I hope NCL stands their ground on this one. In the end, your $1 million over however many years shouldn't mean too much to them.

More importantly... Can you get me a good deal on a new F-150?

I sure would love the opportunity to. (And we do deliver. Have actually delivered Toyota's as far as Russia and remote islands off of Alaska but would do the same for a Ford.)

Everything about this thread makes me nauseous. From the title, to the original post's content, to all of the OP's responses, it wreaks of entitlement and is so disrespectful.

I think it's great that you have built a business that allows you to have great successes and go on company trips. I think Mom and Pop businesses are wonderful and necessary. What I don't think is wonderful is flaunting it on these boards, describing how large your cruise budget is and then complaining about NCL not cutting you a deal.

You may be a Mom and Pop business but NCL is not. To you spending approximately $1 million on cruises over the last years would make you the equivalent of a top customer at your business and the biggest fish in the sea but to NCL you're one of many. NCL's bidding system offers opportunities to its cruisers to upgrade to rooms they normally wouldn't go after while helping NCL maximize their earnings. It's genius.. To cut you a deal just because you are a loyal customer undermines that completely on two levels. First, those customers on your sailing who put in bids that would have been accepted on other sailings may not because a loyal (or I'd say loyally entitled) customer swooped in and took that opportunity away from them. Second, NCL doesn't maximize its earnings by cutting you a deal when other customers may have been willing to spend more. The rules of the upgrade program are stated clearly and fairly. I don't think NCL wronged you in any way to warrant this rant of yours.

Another question: how is loyalty defined? No matter how much money you spend, I wouldn't define you as loyal when you turn your back and bad mouth a company the first time they do something you don't agree with. Loyalty goes both ways. You seem to have little to no respect for NCL. I don't care how many millions you spend on cruises. Through your past cruises you've earned the right to have additional perks, as described. You don't earn the right to be above the rules. Furthermore, is someone who sails NCL at the innermost Guaranteed rate because they can't afford to spend millions not loyal? Should they come here to complain if NCL won't give them a minor upgrade to a balcony for $50?

And one last question on loyalty. This is a company trip. I assume you're paying for the company to stay in these rooms. Do you consider all people sailing with you as loyal as you are? You're footing the bill but the passengers may be on one of their first sailings. You're not all Platinum Plus status. In this case, I don't think they deserve any special treatment to bypass the regular upgrade channels just because the person paying is "loyal" and has spent $1 million dollars on cruises. Once again, it's complete entitlement to believe that if someone has the money they should be able to buy their way the ways of all their friends and family to the top. I could maybe begin to see an argument you but not for everyone attached to your reservation.

I would be surprised if NCL makes things right in your eyes. And quite frankly, if NCL does, I would be very disappointed. I hope NCL stands their ground on this one. In the end, your $1 million over however many years shouldn't mean too much to them.

great analysis...:)

Too many things wrong with your post to try and correct. $1 million on cruises with the same company makes her a very big fish. At the very least in the top 1%. In business you take good care of your customers but you take very good care of your top 1%.

The people putting bids in are all trying to get something for a discounted rate and are playing the system that NCL put in place. If the OP is able to cut a deal then she is getting a discounted rate for playing the system NCL allows. Good for her and I bet she succeeds.

I hope it all works out for you! For the record, you do not sound entitled at all. I understand what you are requesting, and it makes sense. Best of luck to you! Wish you were local ... we are always looking for a new vehicle :) Also, send the email to Andy. He is very responsive.

Too many things wrong with your post to try and correct. $1 million on cruises with the same company makes her a very big fish. At the very least in the top 1%. In business you take good care of your customers but you take very good care of your top 1%.

The people putting bids in are all trying to get something for a discounted rate and are playing the system that NCL put in place. If the OP is able to cut a deal then she is getting a discounted rate for playing the system NCL allows. Good for her and I bet she succeeds.

first of all, the $1 million is spread across many passengers. It's not all on his cruises, his status.

Second of all, NCL's Latitude's Program is put in place to take care of their top customers. He already gets certain treatment that others do not, that he earned. Nowhere in the Latitude's program is a benefit that you get special deals and upgrade advantages above and beyond what is offered to others. Sure, that is something NCL could roll out if they thought it was to their benefit, as a latitude perk, but right now it isn't. To expect this kind of special treatment by toting how much you've spent in the past is absurd. The purpose of the advantage program is the opportunity to get an upgrade at a discount price. The alternative is to pay for it outright. If the OP wants the Haven rooms no one is telling him he can't have them. But he wants the rooms on his terms, at the prices he wants, and he wants the folks at NCL to break the rules for him. Once again, NCL is not a Mom and Pop business. He shouldn't expect the same treatment he'd give to his customers with beauty pageant contestants. This is the definition of entitlement.

Thank you for all your post. Both the nice ones and the not so nice ones. That's what makes CC so interesting. I had an email from Andy Stuart waiting for me when I woke up this morning and a call from me PCC before I left home. They are considering what I am asking. That was all I was asking. To have them look at it.

If the OP wants the Haven rooms no one is telling him he can't have them. But he wants the rooms on his terms, at the prices he wants, and he wants the folks at NCL to break the rules for him. Once again, NCL is not a Mom and Pop business. He shouldn't expect the same treatment he'd give to his customers with beauty pageant contestants. This is the definition of entitlement.

Not really... this falls under the "you never know until you ask" category , especially coming from a high value customer.

We run my business the same way as the OP's. We bend over backwards to make sure everyone is taken care of, but we'll bend a bit farther if necessary for the big fish. :D

Good luck OP!

Not really... this falls under the "you never know until you ask" category , especially coming from a high value customer.

We run my business the same way as the OP's. We bend over backwards to make sure everyone is taken care of, but we'll bend a bit farther if necessary for the big fish. :D

Absolutely.

Anyone who believes their once or twice per year inside guarantee booking is in any way equal to what the OP is up to is delusional.

This isn't about loyalty. This is about spend.

Sometimes, though, NCL can't seem to get out of their own way.

Having 30+ NCL cruises under our belt, I can commiserate with the OP, to an extent. Under Kevin Sheehan, we found senior management helpful fixing a situation that apparently no one else in the company was empowered to handle. However, I now have the impression that the new regime does not care one iota about their most loyal customers. I would predict if the OP took his business elsewhere, NCL would not even notice....or care, IMHO. I wish the OP best of luck.

Of course OP can ask.

"I am not feeling the love from NCL right now," he wrote.

My issue is that the OP is expecting to get what he wants because of his spend.

Anything NCL gives him because of his status should be appreciated as NCL doing something to bend over backwards. Instead, the OP is looking to shame and complain about NCL for not giving him what he wants.

And I want to highlight again that he is spending for someone else. He is booking 10 cabins. There very easily could be someone on their first NCL cruise who, if NCL complies with the OP, may benefit getting a Haven at a discounted price when a passenger who is actually loyal but on a separate booking, who bid fairly, may get shut out. So now we are basing loyalty on whose credit card was swiped, rather than who sails. But hey, it worked for Ivanka Trump and the Kardashian sisters.

I'm not trying to convince others to see it my way. Half this board will agree with me and the other half will disagree. I would just like the OP have some understanding of how his post can come off to others.

What I see the OP asking for is a "special exemption" upsell opportunity on a ship that no longer offers such a system.

I would hope NCL does not change their policy for an individual unless it can be shown that the same opportunity is available to everyone. If NCL feels the need to offer this type of perk to big spenders they have every right to publish such a policy, but to date that has not been done.

Of course OP can ask.

"I am not feeling the love from NCL right now," he wrote.

My issue is that the OP is expecting to get what he wants because of his spend.

Anything NCL gives him because of his status should be appreciated as NCL doing something to bend over backwards. Instead, the OP is looking to shame and complain about NCL for not giving him what he wants.

And I want to highlight again that he is spending for someone else. He is booking 10 cabins. There very easily could be someone on their first NCL cruise who, if NCL complies with the OP, may benefit getting a Haven at a discounted price when a passenger who is actually loyal but on a separate booking, who bid fairly, may get shut out. So now we are basing loyalty on whose credit card was swiped, rather than who sails. But hey, it worked for Ivanka Trump and the Kardashian sisters.

I'm not trying to convince others to see it my way. Half this board will agree with me and the other half will disagree. I would just like the OP have some understanding of how his post can come off to others.

You don't get it. The OP spent the $1 million and the OP gets to decide who they spend the next million bucks with. The loyalty is with the OP and the million spent.

If one cabin is a one and done customer the OP will fill the cabin next time with a different employee. As a bonus NCL gets to try and make everyone of those cruisers a life long customer.

I would hope NCL does not change their policy for an individual unless it can be shown that the same opportunity is available to everyone.

How do you know it isn't? Until you reach that level of spend with a company, you don't get to know.

Do you people think the whales in Vegas stand in line at the buffet with everyone else? Or do they get special treatment? In the hospitality business, is special treatment for big spenders really so unheard of?

I do get it but thanks for trying to clarify for me anyway.

Those rooms will be filled no matter what. Whether it's with his million or another group's million. He'd have more leverage if he spent $1 million over a short period of time for a cabin of 2. $1million for 10 cabins over however many years he's booked a cruise for his company does not sound like all that much revenue for a multi billion dollar company.

He's spent about $1 million over 7 years for a group of 10 cabins. We don't know how many cruises in each year. When you break it down, it's not all that much different than 10 individual groups of 2 purchasing 10 cabins.

It's also possible that NCL stands to lose more in the long run by losing several customers who are overlooked directly for this one privileged guest or who are turned away by bad word of mouth. We may not all spend $1 million individually but together we are worth way more to NCL than this one person.

And to the person comparing this to Vegas - it's not the same thing, though I do agree that n hospitality you offer things to keep your customer base loyal and interested. NCL does honor their loyal customers. The issue here is that what NCL offers in their Latitude program doesn't seem to be enough for the OP's liking. It's akin to the OP wanting to make his own tier where a benefit is "exclusive upgrade advantage discounts." NCL does not offer that. Again. he can and will ask, but why should this be expected?

If you want to compare this to Vegas, Casinos at Sea will offer compt rooms and drinks and additional perks for the same reason Vegas does - to keep you involved so you lose more money. On a cruise, a customer is a customer who fills a room but a gambling customer is not the same as a regular customer.

Edited by Alegeeter

Interesting thread, I totally relate, and sympathize with Toyotaford, I actually thoroughly understand both sides of the desk so to speak I worked as a Finance Director for 15yr at a Toyota Dealership, then in 2008 when that industry got hit hard went to work on the side where I understand NCL pretty well. I now juggle both but am a Sub Prime Loan underwriter for my day job and who knows I may approve loans for your dealership OP. Unfortunately there are pros and cons to the new bidding system. Other cruise lines such as HAL and Princess entertain more of what you are wanting to do. I agree NCL use to. I personally do not think there is anything wrong with what you are trying to do.

Everyone is saying you are jumping over someone who has made a bid. Remember these are just bids not a commitment and one Suite bid is not nearly as profitable as 7 suites would be. It really is all about the money/revenue. That is why they call it the Revenue Department for Upsells.

The only suggestion I would make to the OP is not to bother with stating how much you have spent, just like you yourself stated they can look that up but remember even if you paid for all those cruises for your employees you do not get credit for that, unfortunately unless the cabin is in your name NCL does not care about the other cabins you paid for they have no idea how it was paid for as long as it was paid. I think just giving the facts of the numbers/dollars for the Upsell offer for the present cruise is sufficient.

I wish you lots of luck and think you are on the right track now. ;)