Celebrity 2019 South Pacific from Aus

Hi,Just got off Solstice from the 12 day South Pacific cruise and we loved it. Planning on doing the next one early (Feb2019) but can't find any Celebrity cruises, only ones to NZ or Aus.

The only one I can find is the 13 night from Auckland but hubby thinks it is too port heavy. Might have to go with that one if nothing else comes up.

Are they maybe bringing another ship here? (Edge sounds good but too big for South Pacific I think).

Hi Messej,

As Edge has just been revealed and will not be in service for about two years ( looks like a lovely ship, the best I've ever seen if you like that modern look) I think it will be a long time until a ship in its class comes down under.

Some lines are yet to release their 2019 cruises for Australia so don't worry I'm sure Celebrity will be cruising down here in Feb 2019. You might just have to wait a few months to see what is on offer. :)

I think in Feb 19, Solstice will be mostly in NZ. The last listed cruise is a 12 nighter from 31st Jan that finishes in NZ. The next one will most likely be NZ to Sydney. Will have to wait and see when they bring out future itineraries - normally do it around change of seasons.

Would be great to get another Celebrity ship here but unfortunately no talk of it at all. I'd love it if Reflection came here :D

I've checked and can find all cruises scheduled for Celebrity Solstice until end March 2019 and there are no South Pacific cruises from Jan to March 2019 (I wouldn't cruise in January anyway given it is school holidays) - the only cruises are to New Zealand or up the Australian coast.

Hopefully they will bring another ship here to offer South Pacific cruises (from Sydney) but it won't be Solstice. Maybe Millennium?

Hmm, The site I normally look at to find all the itineraries isn't as reliable as I thought as it only goes up to January. Even the Celebrity website is more up to date! Don't hold your breath about a second ship though. And it looks like the OPT is chockers for then anyway so no room for another ship.

The only South Pacific cruise in their 2019 itinerary is the one out of Auckland on March 16. It's a very interesting itinerary and a reasonable number of sea days.

They're doing Auckland to Fremantle and return (16 nights each way) which blocks out half of February and March.

We booked the March 29th cruise while on board last month and the future cruise consultant we talked to said that they were trying some different itineraries that season.

I've checked and can find all cruises scheduled for Celebrity Solstice until end March 2019 and there are no South Pacific cruises from Jan to March 2019 (I wouldn't cruise in January anyway given it is school holidays) - the only cruises are to New Zealand or up the Australian coast.

Hopefully they will bring another ship here to offer South Pacific cruises (from Sydney) but it won't be Solstice. Maybe Millennium?

Or maybe Infinity. Both are Panamax and now that the Panama canal can take larger vessels they (X) my send these smaller ones elsewhere. We've cruised on both and they are nice ships even though they too are getting a bit old (just like us).

I've found what you may be looking for.........Solstice Sydney to Hawaii via Tahiti leaving 12 April 2019. Lots of sea days and 18 day voyage.

This is a segment of the repositioning cruise back to the US, so you would need to fly back from Tahiti.

The only South Pacific cruise in their 2019 itinerary is the one out of Auckland on March 16. It's a very interesting itinerary and a reasonable number of sea days.

They're doing Auckland to Fremantle and return (16 nights each way) which blocks out half of February and March.

We booked the March 29th cruise while on board last month and the future cruise consultant we talked to said that they were trying some different itineraries that season.

The March 16th itinerary looks great!!

Apia, Pago Pago, V'avau and Nukualofa, I wish other cruise lines also did more itineraries there. Perhaps the larger ships might start stopping at these ports as when we went there Apia, Pago Pago and Nukualofa were wharfs so no tendering.

• 7 months later...
Hi,Just got off Solstice from the 12 day South Pacific cruise and we loved it. Planning on doing the next one early (Feb2019) but can't find any Celebrity cruises, only ones to NZ or Aus.

The only one I can find is the 13 night from Auckland but hubby thinks it is too port heavy. Might have to go with that one if nothing else comes up.

Are they maybe bringing another ship here? (Edge sounds good but too big for South Pacific I think).

Hi, what does 'port heavy' mean . Cheers

Hi, what does 'port heavy' mean . Cheers

It means there are lots of port stops, as distinct from sea days. Often cruises around NZ can be 'port heavy' as most days are visits to ports eg often the itinerary will be Auckland, BOI, Tauranga all on consecutive days, then maybe a day at sea followed by Wellington, Akaroa & Dunedin again all on consecutive days. Some people find this is too many port days. Many cruises in Europe can be like that - we have never been on one though :(

On the other hand, some don't like too many consecutive sea days eg Vancouver to Hawaii has 5 consecutive sea days, Honolulu to Pago Pago 4 days etc.

We like all cruise days, be they port days or sea days :D