oceanview for 4 on the gem

poona1

It will be cozy & tight, 2 twin beds, 1 pullman drop from the wall and one trestle bed, a riser that slide out from one of the main beds. Is going to be almost wall to wall bedding. This U shape setup is one option.

941f9a0f4e527634024626b85051bbc6.jpg

sent from Nexus 5X on Nougat 7.1.1 via Tapatalk, VPN secured

hello...i was wondering two things...

if an oceanview for four adults is craming in too much...

and also i don't see where the bed placements will be for 4 people...please help...thanks a lot

If the 4 adults are not related don't do it

If it's mom and dad and 2 young adult/college kids you can chance it

If the adult kids are gainfully employed let them pay their own way and get their own cabin

If it's in laws and adult kids get 2 cabins

Etc etc

The only way I would do 4 in a cabin is if dh and I had a double and our 4 dds had their own cabin. We did that on princess when the girls were 11, 16, 18 and 22 and they loved it

I've done me and my 18 and 20 yo in an inside and we loved it too because it was bonding time and we got 3rd pax free

Just look at the demographic of who is cruising

If it's a money thing just do whatever works but honestly if it's not a money thing just get 2 cabins

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally agree with the above post -- so much of it depends on who is cruising with you. Young to youngish kids and parents, definitely (for us anyway). My husband and I have always had our teen soon with us in a balcony cabin, and even that feels "cozy", but definitely do-able for us. With four adults (even sometimes with just two!) there will be a lot of "excuse me, pardon me, can I just get past here to open the closet" etc. Even if four adults are never in the cabin except for sleeping, there's still the one bathroom issue -- that's a lot of waiting in line.

Unless it's your own kids, and you have a very good relationship ;), I'd say no to four in an ov.

Is that on the BA or GA?

Now I don't remember(too many)

But there were only TWO of us in a "Family Oceanview", which we thought would be bigger.

The top bunks, which we did't use, took up room even folded.

Check for Square Feet of floor space when booking.POA_OX_2016_281x146.jpg

Looking at the layout & furnishing, I am 99% sure that pair of bunk beds belong to the GA and BA or similar ships ... not the older Dawn/Jewel/Gem/Pearl ships in the 80,000 to 90,000 tonnage class.

This one below here is from the GEM, oceanview porthole, Deck 4 Fwd ... a free "upgrade" from obstructed oceanview for 2 of us - bedding for 4. Pullman & trundle bed (trestle bed ... yes, spelling & gramma police are trolling, whatever)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5i602c994qtran/SDC10573-Quad%20Beds.jpg?dl=0

Actually, with extra foam padding on top of 3 beds together, 2 adults can sleep "sideway" very comfortably with lots of room to roll around ... just more challenging for RS to make up the bed.

op here...we booked this cabin as my mom, uncle and aunt as the 3rd and 4rth passenger special offer they had...it's a lot of money to save...for 7 nights, i think i will be fine..just wondering what the set up were...

(but, please don't stop me from dreaming about the upgrade)

op here ... it's a lot of money to save...for 7 nights, i think i will be fine..just wondering what the set up were ... (but, please don't stop me from dreaming about the upgrade)
There you go, it's money saved and you can do whatever you wish with it; and, I'm sure you won't mind if some CC'ers wish to contribute to your upgrade options, financially.

I see that you are sailing 5/20 ... after we come back on her - upgrade bidding just opened about 10 days ago for us - have you been able to submit the bids to upgrade or offered yet ? Do you have a specific OV assigned now or is it a GTY. Gem's balconies for 4 adults are going to be "crowded" as well - don't like the thinly padded slide-out sofa bed & the 4th adult still has a pullman bed to climb up into. There might be a handful of newer converted OV with the double pullman, one on each side of the wall - not 100% sure about this, done during drydock. Getting to the balcony would still be a pain & 3 of you will fit outside at most.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzg5ym2jlgeh8gj/SDC10363.JPG?dl=0

Here's another view of what the typical GEM oceanview that sleep 4, we had RS moved our queen bed against 1 side of the long wall. OV with picture window is same square footage just a larger/bigger view to look out. Mini-suites are slightly bigger balconies, I think, if available to bid on,

If your upgrade bid is not accepted, my suggestion would be to ask the RS to setup the 3 beds inverted as a U plus the pullman. It's not the end of the world - as a "younger" one, you have the likely honor of climbing to the upper bunk. Even with a balcony/mini-suite, you are gaining extra space but still will be dealing with a bunk. Good luck & do keep us posted on your outcome and how it worked, post-cruise ... if you like & share your stories.

I don't know how much better a balcony will be. Still a lot of people crammed into a small room and sharing 1 bathroom. Getting ready to go in the morning will take at least an hour while everyone has to take their turn in the bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know how much better a balcony will be.

Still a lot of people crammed into a small room and sharing 1 bathroom.

Getting ready to go in the morning will take at least an hour

while everyone has to take their turn in the bathroom.

I agree.

Only if we were 40 years younger; and sharing shower time ! :D