B2B Cruises

Jimbo

Anyone ever have their agent call Celebrity and ask about a free or (reduced) cost of upgrading before a B2B cruise on the same ship?

We booked a lower category balcony for the first leg and a higher balcony category for the second cruise. I see the exact same cabin for 1st leg is available that we got for the second leg. Might be nice not to have to switch cabins between cruises. We do not want to pay the current price to upgrade the 1st leg...........Way to high $$$..

Anyone been sucessful doing this and if so how many days before the first cruise should we have our agent attempt this?

Jimbo:)

We generally do B2B or B2B2B cruises, and while there is a small B2B discount I will be extremely surprised if you will be offered a free upgrade. The B2B discount is only $100 for legs 14 days or longer (i.e. a B2B would be 28 days total), and it seems to me it is even lower when the individual legs are less than 14 days.

Guess it is worth a try, worst case they say no.

Let us know if you get moved at no cost as we have a B2B coming up & we are in different cabins. So far the price to move to remain in the same cabin is too much.

You want a free upgrade? Good luck. I would say that your chances are very slim.

Free would be nice but we would consider it if it was a reduced fee , heck we would even be happy giving some/all) of our OBC back to them.

Jimbo:)

• 1 month later...

Quick question about B2B cruises. At the start of the second portion I would guess we need a new Sea Pass Card. Do we need to get it prior to getting off if we decide to go to town between cruises or are we required to stand in line at check in?

Quick question about B2B cruises. At the start of the second portion I would guess we need a new Sea Pass Card. Do we need to get it prior to getting off if we decide to go to town between cruises or are we required to stand in line at check in?

Yes, Celebrity considers each cruise to be a separate event. Unused OBC or internet minutes do not carry forward to the subsequent cruise.

Each cruise is handled differently. You will receive instructions as to how your ship will handle the B2B cruisers and when you will get your new sea pass. If you wish to go ashore, you will receive an in transit pass which will enable you to bypass the check in lines.

OP we normally do B2B cruises and try and book the same cabin for both legs. Our last B2B we changed cabins and it wasn't a big deal. All your hanging clothes are taken by the Butler or cabin steward and moved on the hangers to you new cabin. You pack the rest of your stuff in your suitcases & they move the suitcases at the same time they move your clothes. We did try and get the same cabin on our last B2B but the price was too high - no discount. By the time it got close to sailing when there may have been some price drops the cabin was gone.

B2B procedures vary depending upon the port/country. Normally you will receive your new sea pass card either the day before leg 1 ends or you pick it up the morning of day 2. In some ports we have had to physically leave the ship for a few hours. We were given a In Transit pass allowing us to bypass the check-in area and go directly to the ship.

I have another question concerning B2B and bringing wine on board. I am planning on bringing 2 bottles on board at the start of the first cruise. If we get off the boat at the end of the first cruise are we allowed to bring two additional bottles on board if we buy them while off the ship without them taking them away and holding them until the end of the cruise?

Korry

I have another question concerning B2B and bringing wine on board. I am planning on bringing 2 bottles on board at the start of the first cruise. If we get off the boat at the end of the first cruise are we allowed to bring two additional bottles on board if we buy them while off the ship without them taking them away and holding them until the end of the cruise?

Korry

Yes

If you are required to get off for a couple of hours on a b2b where do you go in Fort Lauderdale. If I remember right nothing is in walking distance. We are hoping to stay on the ship ....we were able to get the same room for both cruises

Normally in Fort Lauderdale b2b passengers are accompanied off the ship and immediately allowed to reboard. It takes an hour or so altogether depending on how many there are.

If the ship requires deep cleaning you can't reboard immediately and you wait in a designated area of the terminal.

You can also choose to spend part or all of the day in Fort Lauderdale. Grab a taxi and go shopping or out to lunch.