Must do shows on allure

jpolm

ok what in your opinion are the shoews-events not to miss on allure-

Mamma mia yes I loved Chicago, but would definitely see Mama if I was back on Allure

Ocean aria? Yes, comfortable and dry seating is limited so get their early. Its a nice place to relax before the show

Quest yes

Comedy We have enjoyed it every time.

Headliners

Etc

You forgot Blue Planet. If you haven't seen it, I think it is worth it. I will add a lot of the show is airborne acts so I think a front seat in the balcony is easier on people with stiff necks.

Mama Mia is too long and nothing new. Maybe I love ABBA too much?

Blue Planet - they use beautiful songs, but the singing is not the best.

I wouldn't miss Oceanaria and the Ice Games.

As a Headliner, we had I think Jeff Tracta (sp?) and he was ok.

I suggest you Reserve your space for every show. If you don't feel like attending you don't have to attend. And you can always leave the show if you don't like it.

I enjoyed all the shows. So all of them are a must for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Mamma Mia and Aqua shows are amazing. Do not miss them.

Blue Planet is different and artistic. I liked it. DH didn't. So guess it depends.

DH went to comedy show and enjoyed it.

Ice show is great too.

I didn't love the Headliner show but that would totally vary from each cruise since it's something different each time (the person was talented...just not my kind of music. Mind you, my 6 year old loved it and it was 'older' music).

My response is...see them all, but that's part of Royal cruising to me.

ok what in your opinion are the shoews-events not to miss on allure-

Mamma mia yes

Ocean aria?

Quest yes

Comedy

Headliners

Etc

Book them all and then decide once you board, that is what I have done for our upcoming Allure cruise. The Comedy Show is listed twice in my cruise planner, which it wasn't when I booked our shows two months ago. When I clicked on it, one is for the comedy show in the Comedy Club and the other is for the comedy show in the Amber Theater. It says it is the same adult comedy show that is in the Comedy Club, but they are offering it in the theater too so more people can see the comedians. We didn't have that option last year on Oasis, I think it is a nice addition.

Book them all and then decide once you board, that is what I have done for our upcoming Allure cruise. The Comedy Show is listed twice in my cruise planner, which it wasn't when I booked our shows two months ago. When I clicked on it, one is for the comedy show in the Comedy Club and the other is for the comedy show in the Amber Theater. It says it is the same adult comedy show that is in the Comedy Club, but they are offering it in the theater too so more people can see the comedians. We didn't have that option last year on Oasis, I think it is a nice addition.

Trust me, you will not hear the same jokes in the Amber theater that you do in the comedy club.

Trust me, you will not hear the same jokes in the Amber theater that you do in the comedy club.

You have been on a sailing that has the Comedy Show listed this way in your cruise planner?

I'm curious too whether you've seen them both on a cruise since my Cruise Planner had each venue listed for adults only and I could not book either show for my grandsons (both will be 17 for our May 28th cruise).

~ Judy

I'm curious too whether you've seen them both on a cruise since my Cruise Planner had each venue listed for adults only and I could not book either show for my grandsons (both will be 17 for our May 28th cruise).

~ Judy

Last year on Oasis, the comedians that were performing in the Comedy Club did a family friendly comedy show in the theater at the beginning of the week. No language, no graphic jokes. We saw the show in the Comedy Club and it was very different. They also did one adult show in the main theater that we caught the ending of, it was like the Comedy Club show, not the family show.

My cruise planner for my Allure sailing specifically says it is an adult show in the theater which seems to be what you are seeing too. I am going by the cruise planner and will checkout one of the shows in the theater too.

Last year on Oasis, the comedians that were performing in the Comedy Club did a family friendly comedy show in the theater at the beginning of the week. No language, no graphic jokes. We saw the show in the Comedy Club and it was very different. They also did one adult show in the main theater that we caught the ending of, it was like the Comedy Club show, not the family show.

My cruise planner for my Allure sailing specifically says it is an adult show in the theater which seems to be what you are seeing too. I am going by the cruise planner and will checkout one of the shows in the theater too.

Thanks. Hopefully there will be a family friendly version listed in the compass that the boys can go. Otherwise, TBH, at their age, I have no qualms about them going to the adult one in the theater if they were allowed. I'm a bad grandma. ;p

~ Judy

Thanks. Hopefully there will be a family friendly version listed in the compass that the boys can go. Otherwise, TBH, at their age, I have no qualms about them going to the adult one in the theater if they were allowed. I'm a bad grandma. ;p

~ Judy

You might be able to get them into the theater to see the adult show once they start letting the standby line in. I wouldn't send them on their own, even at that age, because someone will likely give them a hard time if they were alone. The comedy shows we have seen have a lot of language, all of which I am sure they have heard by 17. One of the three comedians we had last year had a lot of sexual humor and having younger kids there might make some people uncomfortable.

Grandma knows best. Good luck.:D

You might be able to get them into the theater to see the adult show once they start letting the standby line in. I wouldn't send them on their own, even at that age, because someone will likely give them a hard time if they were alone. The comedy shows we have seen have a lot of language, all of which I am sure they have heard by 17. One of the three comedians we had last year had a lot of sexual humor and having younger kids there might make some people uncomfortable.

Grandma knows best. Good luck.:D

Thanks again. Yes, that was what I was thinking when I reserved both venues, try to bring them in with me in the theater with standby. And thanks for not flaming me. One grandson we've raised since birth, so I'm a bad mommy also. My biggest problem with him is that his damn grandma spoils him and then I have to be the meanie. I yell at myself constantly. ;p:')

OP, sorry I took this off track a little. But, as others advised already, I suggest reserving all the shows and then play it by ear once you're onboard. And in addition to Quest, another good show you don't need reservations for is the Love & Marriage show.

~ Judy