Infinity / constellation / millennium - family veranda rooms

Smallfamily

Our family sunset veranda (all the way aft) on the Infinity had TVs in both rooms (bedroom & living room). Dh and I believe the cabin had electrical plugs in both rooms, but we are not positive as it was in 2013 and there have been a lot of cruises and cabins since then. Hopefully someone can answer definitively about their more recent experience. Meanwhile I am going to ask one of my cruise friends who may know.

We've been in those FVs four times and have hunted for electrical outlets.

There is an American style electrical receptacle inside the cabinet that the tv sits on in the living room section. It is used to power the television. With a multiple plug extension cord, we used this outlet for my son's PlayStation 4 during our Infinity cruise in Jan.

The rest of the receptacles in the living room section are European style and are for the lamps.

573754465a1ff4b1fac64b589a3bf42b.jpg

Those who have been in the FV rooms: would they work for us, when DH mother passes, probably fairly soon, since she is 94, we want to take his sister on a cruise, she is in her 50's and a widow. She has been there for Mom all these years as we run around the world. I thought it would be better than 2 rooms (with single supplement), as long as there is enough privacy for all. Any suggestions?

Those who have been in the FV rooms: would they work for us, when DH mother passes, probably fairly soon, since she is 94, we want to take his sister on a cruise, she is in her 50's and a widow. She has been there for Mom all these years as we run around the world. I thought it would be better than 2 rooms (with single supplement), as long as there is enough privacy for all. Any suggestions?

There isn't a proper bed in the FVs, it's convertible sofa beds - unsure if you SIL would be okay with that? Additionally, there is only 1 bathroom. We think they are great for the kids and the balconies, especially on the corner FVs, are huge.

Do note though, they are restricted to 4/5 pax when initially open for booking. It's only closer to sailing date when they open them to less pax if they haven't sold ;).

Privacy-wise, the FV is fine as there is a sliding door that separates the two sleeping areas at night.

villauk is correct that the beds in the living room area may not be suitable for your SIL, The fold out couch (right one in the photo) does not make for the most comfortable bed. The longer couch (left) will flip into an ok single bed.

31997616293_1262442fc8_b.jpg

Unless you all are the type who enjoy camping trips, I would not recommend that arrangement on an M-class ship.

There really is no privacy in the M-class FV cabins.

It is fine for parents with small children, but cramped and impractical for more than 2 adults.

The 3rd person sleeps on a couch in the living area (which may be a lumpy, uncomfortable couch), and must walk through the bedroom area to get to and from the bathroom, the closet, and even the door to the cabin.

The 2 people who sleep in the bedroom area must go through the living area where the 3rd person sleeps to get to and from the balcony.

Neither side is really private as they are separated by a slider with translucent window panes.

My personal preference, in your situation, would be to book her a separate cabin.

But if you prefer having 3 people in one cabin, I would suggest considering an FV on one of the S-class ships, which are much larger and better designed with bedrooms that are really private and a separate living/dining room. Those still have only one bathroom though.

It is so thoughtful of you to take your sister-in-law on a cruise.