Taxi from Barcelona Airport to cruise port

swanmark

Guys I don't know what's the best option regarding taxis from and to the airport, I am thinking of pre booking a taxi to the cruise port, but I don't know if I should pre book one for the return, is it cheaper and are they reliable, or is it just as easy to get a taxi when I get off the ship in Barca ?

we have pre booked a taxi twice from airport in both cases to a pre cruise city centre Barcelona hotel

first time worked like a dream so booked same company but this time we had a non English speaking driver and he dropped us off at the wrong hotel!!!!!

from the cruise port there is a taxi line which can have a long line of cruisers wanting to get somewhere but usually moves fairly quickly but it depends how many other people are disembarking at same time

if you have an early flight may be worth pre booking for peace of mind

Our flight landed at approximately 6am - airport was nice & empty & catching a cab was a breeze. This was back in 2014 & I don't remember what we paid but it was definitely cheaper than reserving car service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

KeithJenner will have info in this ... wait for him to wake up tomorrow

Caught me before I went to bed. :)

Actually, I have never caught a taxi from the airport on the day of the cruise, as we always arrive a day or two early. However, every time I've ever arrived at Barcelona airport there have always been multiple taxis waiting. I wouldn't bother booking anything unless I was arriving quite close to embarkation time.

Same for the return as well. There are usually lots of taxis waiting. We got caught out once when there were a lot of big ships in port and the taxis struggled to cope, but usually they are fine. If my flight is early then I just try to get off soon after disembarkation starts.

Of all the ports I've sailed from, Barcelona is the best for getting taxis. There are loads of them.

We have caught regular taxis from/to the airport and the cruise terminal with no problem. The standard cab is smaller, so if you have more than 2 people or a lot of large luggage, it may be harder to squeeze in. Make sure you have euros.

Should be as noted, with 3 exceptions where I would book a private transfer...

1> Arrival time at airport less than 5 hours before all-aboard. Not so much for the availability as to have less things to worry about.

2> Party of more than 4

3> Lots of luggage

Personally, I would use Barcelona Day Tours again...

Reports over a week ago, cab fare was at least 30 euros. Multiple cabs are lined up at the airport, I always see them, am in Barcelona about 3/year. I am cheap and always take the Aerobus, and port bus. :) for about 9 euros, easy walking between the 2. :)

Guys I don't know what's the best option regarding taxis from and to the airport, I am thinking of pre booking a taxi to the cruise port, but I don't know if I should pre book one for the return, is it cheaper and are they reliable, or is it just as easy to get a taxi when I get off the ship in Barca ?

WE are on the Epic 4th June and we just booked through NCL for their transport to pick us up at the airport and the same on return journey and the cost was about £50 or less for the 2 of us return

We always take a taxi at Barcelona even although we have transfers included (cant be bothered hanging around waiting for others for the bus).

There are loads parked right at the airport and the cost is around 35 euro if I remember rightly.

You absolutely don't need to pre book.

If you do want to pre book, we used Suntransfers from the airport straight to the ship. Even though there was just the two of us they sent a mini van, and the trip was very quick and easy. Same cost as the taxis and in my opinion more convenient as they are waiting with a sign with your name on. However, it could also be argued that just jumping in a cab is more convenient as you don't need to worry about being delayed or whatever. Either works fine! There is a couple of different docks at the port in Barcelona, just make sure you know the name- although they usually know based on the name of the ship.

On the way back we used Barcelona Day Tours who gave us a half day tour of the city before dropping us at the airport, and we very much enjoyed the tour seeing as we had no overnight stays in Barcelona- although I imagine if you are coming from the US you would have at least one night there!

WE are on the Epic 4th June and we just booked through NCL for their transport to pick us up at the airport and the same on return journey and the cost was about £50 or less for the 2 of us return

Well , I was just on NCL in Barcelona last week, and the transfers were $30pp ONE WAY.

Of course there would be the latitude discount if applicable. But, if you got 50 euros round trip, through the ship, this is not the current available rate through the cruise line.

Finding a taxi was no problem from me a few years ago because they were lined up. My problem was the language barrier and I couldn't remember the Spanish word for port. I was making motions, mimicking fog horns, moving my hand like it was a ship on the water and the driver was giving me a blank stare and saying "address, address." Someone who could speak English finally came along and bailed me out.

So...the word for the day is "Puerto" not to be confused with "Puerta" which means door.

• 1 month later...
We always take a taxi at Barcelona even although we have transfers included (cant be bothered hanging around waiting for others for the bus).

There are loads parked right at the airport and the cost is around 35 euro if I remember rightly.

You absolutely don't need to pre book.

Hi Blondie008

We have booked with NCL with transfers included, however like you favour taking a taxi instead of hanging around for the bus to fill. Did you tell the transfer bus you wouldn't be using them? Dont want them waiting for us!

Cruised out of Barcelona last summer. Plenty of cabs at the airport. We made the mistake of not pre-booking pickup from the port. The new Harmony of the Seas was also in port that morning and we waited for close to 2 hrs in the line to get a cab. In the sun.

We sailed out of Barcelona 4 weeks ago. Taxi's are plentiful, and NO NEED TO PREBOOK.

It felt like a regular airport to us, with Taxi's lined up and ready to go. No wait. ;)

We had some time to kill beforehand, and even thou there was a language barrier.... we had a fun time

with our Taxi cab driver. We asked for & gave us a Mini-tour of Barcelona before dropping us off.

So it cost alittle more driving time, but it worked out great!

We used the ATM at the airport (before taxi line) to get our Euros, which were needed throughout

the trip anyway. But Yes, get Euros for Taxi. Much less hassle.

It was No sweat, so please don't worry about getting to the Pier.

The Taxi drivers seem to be very aware of all the cruises, and the routine.

Have a great trip!

:cool:

There is a standard fare for all taxis too and from the port to airport. The line at the dock moves fast and no need to book in advance. There are lots of taxis at the airport too. It's a standard fare each way and 15 minutes ride. Cheaper than any pre bookable car and cheaper than ncl transfer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would never consider arriving for any cruise on embarkation day, and at least two days early in Europe. Tried that many years ago and cruised with no luggage for 4 days. Most people never get there luggage if it is lost or delayed. We did a Med cruise out of Barcelona a few years ago and arrived 2 days early. Met a couple at our hotel with no luggage. Luckily, the also arrived two days early and luggage arrived on embarkation day. Also, Barcelona is probably the one of the best cities on your itinerary to explore. You need at least two days to see this beautiful city.