Takeout from OSheehans

kool77

One of my favorite things about the Blue Lagoon on Norwegian ships was to get some chicken wings, and bring them to our balcony for a late night snack. I believe that O'Sheehans has replaced the Blue Lagoon. On the Dawn, anyway. I have read some recent posts about NCL no longer allowing take away from O'Sheehans on the Dawn. We are planning to board in August. Does anyone have any info regarding chicken wings to go? Thanks, Wayne

Not to discount anyone else's experience, but on the Escape last January, I never had an issue getting late night takeout from O'Sheehan's.

It was always a great way to end my night and soak up some alcohol - nachos and chicken wings!

I wonder if you were in a suite if your butler could arrange or get it for you.

Don

Yes, absolutely. They don't have carry out containers, but for Suite/Haven guests, they will have your butler take whatever you want up to your room.

For others, I wouldn't ask for 'takeout' but rather a cover for your plate so you can take it back to your room. I've heard that has better results.

This has been debated a lot here regarding O'Sheehan's.....I have been on 2 cruises on the Breakaway in the past year 1 1/2. I have seen what i can only say is take out boxes given to people for the "light" fare .....people standing in line for pub fare and not table service, people sitting in the seats overlooking the atrium and bringing food from O'Sheehan's.to the those seats with no issues from staff. And I have seen wrapped plates to go leaving the restaurant. I have not seen anyone complaining or being told that they couldn't take food out but that doesn't meant it didn't happen. I did eat more meals at O'sheehan's than the other places because it was quicker and I hate long drawn out dinners and buffets do not appeal to me. I loved their prime rib and bbq rib dinners.I have never seen someone told no for take out ....but cant say it didnt happen. Some of the hostesses/host/managers there were more flexible.

Yes, absolutely. They don't have carry out containers, but for Suite/Haven guests, they will have your butler take whatever you want up to your room.

For others, I wouldn't ask for 'takeout' but rather a cover for your plate so you can take it back to your room. I've heard that has better results.

On the Gem this past December and they would not allow you to leave with food no matter what. Not ordering to go and not by covering your plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note that if the ship is operating under any Noro codes (not just red) they are far more strict. The official policy is food from any other venues than the buffet should only be handled by room service or a butler, but I have found a nice request will get reasonable accommodation.

On the Gem this past December and they would not allow you to leave with food no matter what. Not ordering to go and not by covering your plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was our experience as well on Gem in Dec.

I'm the same - the chicken wings to go late night are the best! I was told no on carry out on Epic in January. I may or may not have just waited until the waitress went back in to the kitchen and walked out with my wings. Maybe. :')

I'm the same - the chicken wings to go late night are the best! I was told no on carry out on Epic in January. I may or may not have just waited until the waitress went back in to the kitchen and walked out with my wings. Maybe. :')

I may have done the same thing on the getaway in April 2016.... whoops

On my Jan 2016 sailing on the Getaway we did takeout from O'Sheehans a few times. On my Jan 2017 sailing on the Getaway we tried a couple times to do the same and were told we could not takeout each time.

We had the exact same experience on Breakaway. No problem in January 2016, but a big no in January 2017.

But our Butler was able to bring us wings from O'Sheehan's.

I think uneamie has the best idea. Sit down and order your food. After you're served discreetly pick up the paper liner holding the wings and put it into the container. Put it back in your bag and walk away. It will look like you just finished your food. If you don't ask they can't say no. Service is usually not that good in O'Sheehans that they'll even notice. Good luck.

Oh, my. :eek:

I may have done the same thing on the getaway in April 2016.... whoops

Chicken wing rebels, unite! :')

I have to say, my stewardess popped in to my room just after I left it, and I could hear her laughter from down the hall when she saw my basket of chicken bones. :eek::o;p

After you're served discreetly pick up the paper liner holding the wings and put it into the container. Put it back in your bag and walk away. It will look like you just finished your food.
I can just imagine them saying in the back- they ate everything! Including the paper liner!! :O