* LIVE from the Rotterdam - 30 day Passage to Spain and Western Europe - Mar. 30th*

kazu

Oh Kazu, I am so happy the flowers were waiting for you and Jose. I received your email too. Thank you so much, especially with no unlimited internet package. A token of our appreciation and our deepest thanks for stepping in and offering expert advice. The stakes were very high and we didn't know who to believe. Flowers were the least we could do and I am very happy with the arrangement.

The cruise sounds amazing. The Rotterdam sounds like a ship we would love. I hope to be able to cruise again soon.

Please pass on our thanks to Jose. Wish we were there!

It was truly nothing Gail, but they are truly lovely and thriving well and I thank you. Jose really appreciates it :D

The Rotterdam is a beautiful ship. The art is wonderful, full of history and the crew is fantastic.

I am going to try to do an "art tour" if internet holds on sea days. It's been so long since we have been on her that I forgot how nice it really was.

A correction and VERY HAPPY to make it...

THERE BE MADE TO ORDER SANDWICHES on this ship. No panini machine in the Lido, but there are some good choices sandwich wise as well as a made to order sandwich of the day. Need to be on the right side of the Lido to find it. Yum!!!

The salad station is really good. A lot more topping choices than we saw on the Westerdam. In fact the toppings take up both sides of the station. I will get some pics later if you like and share.

The crew working outside have a new uniform. They are wearing crocs! Anyone who works on the outside decks is to wear them. They really like them and they are more comfortable and secure than the old shoes they used to wear. Check out the orange belt too.

b3db0dbfaa12129cd47d1035ce574603.jpg

bdebc932e2a1574373c6c2362c72d282.jpg

According to our close to 1 pm update from the Bridge, it's still 73 degrees F and should be about the same temp tomorrow. It's a tad rocky and should be the same tomorrow. Staff Captain says the green apples will remain out. Personally, I don't find it bad. It's hard to take pics and the Showroom at Sea certainly has movement, but DH is fine (and he is prone to mal de mer) so if it stays like this we will be good. We were certainly "rocked" to sleep last night.

So lucky to have a roll call member who was willing to share some insights and experience in Paris and had us over for drinks and munchies as we discussed their recommendations. Thank you Cam & Bob.

I am afraid we lasted longer than intended we were all challenged to find a seat for Adagio. The place was packed!!!

Same thing with Stryker's performance - out to the hallway again. But no one sings Sweet Caroline like Stryker (brought back memories of previous cruises with some fun piano bar cc'ers).

Nearly forgot to post tonight's dinner menu. The spring roll was yummy. DH had the soup which resulted in the magical broth being poured by our waiter. He opted for the Mahi Mahi which he rated as excellent and he loved the rice. I boringly opted for the appetizer salad which was brought in a slightly larger portion and was more than sufficient for me. (Blame it on the appetizers I had in Bob and Cam's room.

Here's tonight's menu

872cc3ed40d88b7bf282ec7970bbcfa5.jpg

4b2cc1a492459bcba2fd4de5a0a4ec07.jpg

Our Yum Yum man is a great guy. Always looking to give us somethig to finish our meal off with.

tonight, not only did he give us our dates and ginger, he gifted us with an origami elephant.

a9c419f37de61940ddacca0c2d067fa6.jpg

148aad3b7d7e11149ead0000539a7444.jpg

Some times the little things in life make it better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Kazu, your thread is a pleasure to read! The trip sounds wonderful so far; glad that the food and service is as it should be (including made to order sandwiches in the lido).

Hopefully positive trends continue, including smoother seas. Like your husband I am also prone to mal de mer in certain conditions. Yet the pills handed out by the front office or Neptune concierges, taken proactively if it is rough, work for me.

Do continue to enjoy your well deserved holiday!

Thank you, Kazu, for this wonderful live thread. Iam subscribing so I won't miss any of you sharing.

You are going to love Santiago de Compestelo. At least we did 25 years ago when we spent 2 days there on a diy trip around Spain. The cathedral is definitely to be explored.

Thank you again for taking time to post.

And Scrapnana, thank you so much for posting those webcam photos for those of us who are a day behind in joining Kazu on her trip.

Hi Jacqui-

Just catching up with your thread. Hope you enjoyed the mandatory Rotterdam nap this afternoon and made the all aboard at 7pm. How was the deep sea fishing? I was going to mention that I was able to get happy hour specials at bingo on Maasdam last June but you already figured out that you can do that. Enjoying cruising vicariously through you and getting excited for my in lieu of graduation cruise next month. Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you, Kazu, for this wonderful live thread. Iam subscribing so I won't miss any of you sharing.

You are going to love Santiago de Compestelo. At least we did 25 years ago when we spent 2 days there on a diy trip around Spain. The cathedral is definitely to be explored.

Thank you again for taking time to post.

And Scrapnana, thank you so much for posting those webcam photos for those of us who are a day behind in joining Kazu on her trip.

Santiago de Compostela has been on our bucket list for some time. It was one of the reasons we booked this cruise.

Hi Jacqui-

Just catching up with your thread. Hope you enjoyed the mandatory Rotterdam nap this afternoon and made the all aboard at 7pm. How was the deep sea fishing? I was going to mention that I was able to get happy hour specials at bingo on Maasdam last June but you already figured out that you can do that. Enjoying cruising vicariously through you and getting excited for my in lieu of graduation cruise next month. Have a wonderful trip!

LOL - several did Spanish Yoga yesterday (a siesta). I did not. I am not a good napper ;)

Didn't bring a rod and bait so I didn't go deep sea fishing - LOL :)

This is the first time we have had Happy Hour at Bingo but I am going to ask in the future ;)

It might not be a good idea today after our wine tasting get together though.

Enjoy reading your posts & following you across the pond. We'll be in Paris next week, leaving on Mon. going over for the 100th anniversary of the battle of Vimy Ridge.

Allan

Your catamaran rescue story reminds me of the time on the Prinsendam in the Baltic in 2013 when she rescued what turned out to be a dummy on a life ring; you may remember that one.

Is the Yum Yum man named Roni by chance? On the Westerdam when we did the Panama Canal in 2015, Roni would make origami for us.

BB Kings All Star Band appears to be a smaller group than the ones we've encountered lately. We've seen 2 horn players, 2 guitarists, 2 singers, a keyboardist and drummer.

Will let you turn menus into PDF files. Am using many of the other photos. :D

Enjoy!

Hi Kazu, your thread is a pleasure to read! The trip sounds wonderful so far; glad that the food and service is as it should be (including made to order sandwiches in the lido).

Hopefully positive trends continue, including smoother seas. Like your husband I am also prone to mal de mer in certain conditions. Yet the pills handed out by the front office or Neptune concierges, taken proactively if it is rough, work for me.

Do continue to enjoy your well deserved holiday!

thanks On cruiser.

DH has both his ginger pills and Motion Ease which he really finds helpful. So far, he hasn't needed any of it, so it is not too rough.

Enjoy reading your posts & following you across the pond. We'll be in Paris next week, leaving on Mon. going over for the 100th anniversary of the battle of Vimy Ridge.

Allan

A shame we will miss each other. Have a great time!

Your catamaran rescue story reminds me of the time on the Prinsendam in the Baltic in 2013 when she rescued what turned out to be a dummy on a life ring; you may remember that one.

Is the Yum Yum man named Roni by chance? On the Westerdam when we did the Panama Canal in 2015, Roni would make origami for us.

BB Kings All Star Band appears to be a smaller group than the ones we've encountered lately. We've seen 2 horn players, 2 guitarists, 2 singers, a keyboardist and drummer.

Will let you turn menus into PDF files. Am using many of the other photos. :D

Enjoy!

I remember the rescue of the dummy well :)

the Yum Yum man is not Roni but he's sweet. My memory is slipping but I will post his name later.

BBKings performs in the Crow's Nest which has a smaller stage than the Queen's Lounge on the Vistas.

Bigger is not always better as these are very good - much better than what we heard on the Westerdam.

Get all the pics you want. I will convert to pdf for the menus. On Locations too?

Good morning from the beautiful Rotterdam.

It's Sunday, sunny and 73 degrees again called for. Lovely weather so far crossing the pond and this may bode well for our weather in Europe? One can hope. We came prepared for mostly anything s whatever the weather is, we will enjoy.

Seas seem a bit smoother to me so far as well.

For those where religion matters, along with Mass, happy to report that there was the Jewish service on Friday and there is an Interdenominational Service today

A bit of humour from last night (well, funny for most of us). A roll call member was completely enamoured with Stryker and wanted to get a good picture of him. So he got off to the side so Stryker was right in his sights. He got his pic but forgot he had his flash on. A huge flash was seen and I think poor Stryker was seeing stars. Stryker stopped playing immediately, got up and proceeded towards the photographer. He quickly exited, very embarrassed and Stryker called out "Look at him run, look at him run, Come back". His wife was mortified. He has now learned to make sure his flash is off. LOL. The roll call member shall remain nameless but "Las Ninas" if you are following along, yes, it was your father.

A busy day today. Stephen Mings has another wonderful sounding lecture today at 11 (Steve Ragnall's sounds good too, but it is at 2 pm) and then at 2 is our roll call wine tasting. Should be fun. Then, Bingo if possible.... And, it's Gala Night tonight.

Here is today's When & Where:

4c767677eb1aa74cabd9a4426834957a.jpg

6e1146c784a0d5b3f46a5e7a01c57f6b.jpg

I posted the room service breakfast menu that is available from the Welcome booklet earlier. Here is the room service breakfast menu card that we put out if we wish to order. This is for Neptune & Pinnacle. I will ask one of my roll call members if they can lend me their breakfast card so I can post it as well for you all.

65d3c3dc0efe88fc5325939ea78f42bd.jpg

9befb314dfad60230449343c5368784f.jpg

Here is the breakfast menu available in the MDR and the Pinnacle Grill.

Sorry, the paper is very shiny and the lights reflect on it. I will try to get some better ones for the site that can't be named.

51e77b53651fdfe3991709f9ec7164d9.jpg

c017dd70a9cafd47984bad22df9e4d3f.jpg

98ce1a35ed8e3d52e6da54a845e42725.jpg

1f048da9786319098d67d3b2c85d6e07.jpg

c1f5ecf15afed6443131967162deb863.jpg

It's Gala Night tonight. The menu is a small square. Kind of cool.

Here is the menu for tonight:

1d225d68fc937c5312d6616f51b629e0.jpg

317b6b62ac93bbac8e093d27af69c0d0.jpg

a364f8dc6b33254ec6be794c722c7db6.jpg

929cbb61dc36f3551017e0585a04c30e.jpg

4137ff3270718f0c2a58f6a24c14bd90.jpg

e50818fca050413653a25051998f26fe.jpg

:eek:I knew it even before I got to the end of your post 😖😖😖😖 typical ... ugggg dad!!! Amazing posts love following along especially the menus!!! Tell the folks we know they are having a great time and alls well here!!

Olivia

Kazu, Really enjoying your posts. It is nice to get a fresh perspective on things. This voyage is one of our dream trips. We are hoping to retire in 4 years and be able to take it.

Finally getting a chance to catch up.

Too many things happened around yesterday -- lap top decided not to start and I had to have Microsoft take over and fix it -- took quite a while and then updates came in -- hours of nonsense.

Went out to dinner and came home to find the furnace not working. Spent a couple of hours hunting the only company that does emergency weekend work. Heat came back on at 10 and parts have been ordered.

Your flowers are lovely.

Menus look good.

[sNIP...] Get all the pics you want. I will convert to pdf for the menus. On Locations too?

Anything with text is more easily zoomed in PDF for readability.

Jacqui, can you do me a favor and see if anyone on your roll call went to the Interdenominational service and if the Priest assisted.

Those square menus on Gala nights seem to be fleet wide.

Thanks.

:eek:I knew it even before I got to the end of your post 😖😖😖😖 typical ... ugggg dad!!! Amazing posts love following along especially the menus!!! Tell the folks we know they are having a great time and alls well here!!

Olivia

Hey Olivia and Elizabeth!

Thanks for posting and following along.

I will certainly let them know all is well.

They are having a VERY good time. They love the ship :)