* LIVE from the Rotterdam - 30 day Passage to Spain and Western Europe - Mar. 30th*

kazu

I was just checking the weather in Montreal. Yippee! You are on your way. Currently 1 degree and going up to 3 with zero freezing rain.

Have a wonderful trip. Think of us when you hit the sunshine as we can hardly see across the street due to fog.

Have a great time! Loved the Rotterdam, hope the crossing is smooth. Santiago de Compostela is amazing. Hope you get to see the swinging incense burner. In Paris try to visit the Musee Cluny to see the most stunning unicorn tapestries in a beautiful chateau in Le Marais. Also there is a small museum with Monets that is amazing. I will live vicariously!

I was just checking the weather in Montreal. Yippee! You are on your way. Currently 1 degree and going up to 3 with zero freezing rain.

Have a wonderful trip. Think of us when you hit the sunshine as we can hardly see across the street due to fog.

Thanks Gail :). Happy to say that we are at Montreal airport. I think we hae more wait time than flying time ;). But, that's ok. At least we have the lounge which is much quieter.

Have a great time! Loved the Rotterdam, hope the crossing is smooth. Santiago de Compostela is amazing. Hope you get to see the swinging incense burner. In Paris try to visit the Musee Cluny to see the most stunning unicorn tapestries in a beautiful chateau in Le Marais. Also there is a small museum with Monets that is amazing. I will live vicariously!

Thanks so much bennybear. The Cluny was on my list. I love tapestries. Just hope we can squeeze everything in.;)

I have my Paris guides for our sea days on board. Have to find that Monet museum. We both love Monet :). Really appreciate the tips :)

:). Happy to say that we are at Montreal airport. I think we have more wait time than flying time ;). But, that's ok. At least we have the lounge which is much quieter.

So glad you got the flight out to Montreal...YEAH!!! We will see you on board Thurs.

Rick & Joyce

No no...the Cluny is not in the Marais...it is in the 5th district, the Latin quarter. Not far from Notre Dame. And the Cluny now has a different name...translates to something like museum of the Middle Ages. Forgot to say have a wonderful time. I was on the first half of the VOV last summer and really enjoyed the Rotterdam.

No no...the Cluny is not in the Marais...it is in the 5th district, the Latin quarter. Not far from Notre Dame. And the Cluny now has a different name...translates to something like museum of the Middle Ages. Forgot to say have a wonderful time. I was on the first half of the VOV last summer and really enjoyed the Rotterdam.

Oops, foggy memory sorry!

The Musée national du Moyen Âge, formerly Musée de Cluny, officially known as the Musée national du Moyen Âge – Thermes et hôtel de Cluny, is a museum in Paris, France. Wikipedia

The small museum is the Musee Marmottan, and also the Musee d'Orsay has several huge water lily paintings Enjoy!

Thank you SO much.

:).

So glad you got the flight out to Montreal...YEAH!!! We will see you on board Thurs.

Rick & Joyce

We lucked out. Flights were not going yesterday because of the freezing rain and now there are snow storms so I am just SO grateful to be sitting here in the FLL warmth at ES.

Looking forward to finally meeting up at the sail a way :)

Well, I am happy to say that Kazu has landed in FLL. All is good :)

We probably spent more time waiting than we did flying but it was all worth it.

Of course, they wanted us early at our little puddle hopper airport despite the fact there is only one gate, one security area, etc. I think you get the picture.

I think we finally lucked out. Yesterday was freezing rain and forecast for today but hadn't happened when we left. As we were leaving the snow was falling and I understand it is going to keep falling. UGGH.

We ended up on a jet puddle hopper instead of the usual propeller. Not sure if it was because of the flight cancellations yesterday, high demand or we were just lucky. But we got to Montreal way earlier than planned.

US Customs/Immigration was, amazingly, a breeze. We arrived at a slow time. Got through the main stuff and our officer was actually pleasant.

After a 5 hour wait we boarded our lovely flight to FLL. They call themselves Air Canada Rouge. I call them Air Canada Rough. LOL. I highly recommend if anyone is on one of these flights they avoid economy. They pack them in like sardines and of course, no movies, they will rent you an ipad to watch one and sell you some food. Only way to fly on this is Premier Rouge (or, Premier Rough - LOL). Not real biz class but better than being crammed in.

We left early and got into FLL early after a few "bumps" as we landed (another reason I am calling them Air Canada Rough).

Happily we are sitting at Embassy Suites in our room and mellowing out.

I am happy to report that our room at ES seems very clean and well taken care of. We like it here. It's comfy, great pool, nice space and close to a lot of stuff.

So, because I want to test pics and make sure I don't make them too large on the cruise, here's our puddle hopper that we lucked into. (Don't get too excited, the overhead bins are too small for most carry on baggage and you still have to use the sky check). But we sure got to Montreal a lot faster ;)

d1675f527892514d04879f5b6e5f809e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very happy to see this update Jacqui. The picture is fine on my tablet. Love the "Rough" label. I hate it but am booking tickets tomorrow but buying preferred seats for DD 's birthday trip to MCO in July. Ugh.

Enjoy your pre cruise vacation and hopefully Ross is stocked up!

Glad you made it! Relax and enjoy your time in Florida. I'll be looking for you on the cameras at the Sail way.

Thanks :). Hopefully we get a good zoom. Look for the "toot" banner and the "HAL" flag (orange & blue) on the Sports Deck. We'll all be there :)

I'm so glad to hear you made it to FLL - now you can spend the next couple of days relaxing, and shopping for treats for your cabin (I always stock up on pretzel sticks). Enjoy the warmth and sunshine - I'll be waving at you at sail-away!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thanks :). Hopefully we get a good zoom. Look for the "toot" banner and the "HAL" flag (orange & blue) on the Sports Deck. We'll all be there :)

No Canadian flag? Is that allowed?

Have a great cruise!

The Transatlantic season is starting so HAL sailaways from PE will be coming to an end :(, what will I do on Saturday and Sunday evenings now without my sailaway fix?

Anyway, Kazu, Europe is waiting for you...................:D

No Canadian flag? Is that allowed?

Not this time ;). I already had to pack two banners. That was enough for this lady.

Besides the HAL banner that Scrapnana kindly lent to me is so outstanding and it would clash with the Canadian red :D;p